How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shore34

Trader
Jul 10, 2018
Enivid,

There seem to have wrong values in CFDs with MT5. Need your help gratefully.

Attachments

• PSC wrong value in USD CFD Stocks.jpg
    PSC wrong value in USD CFD Stocks.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PSC wrong value in CFD Bitcoin.jpg
    PSC wrong value in CFD Bitcoin.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 8
  • PSC wrong value in HKD CFD Stocks.jpg
    PSC wrong value in HKD CFD Stocks.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PSC wrong value in SGD CFD Stocks.jpg
    PSC wrong value in SGD CFD Stocks.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 7

alireza-gh

Trader
Apr 19, 2021
Hi, I was using this indicator, but today I encountered some problems. And by re-installing the indicator did not work.
The percentage of risk and the amount of risk in the indicator do not change and the value of both is 1

How can I fix it?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    344.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.png
    2.png
    341.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi, I was using this indicator, but today I encountered some problems. And by re-installing the indicator did not work.
The percentage of risk and the amount of risk in the indicator do not change and the value of both is 1

How can I fix it?
The first screenshot doesn't show any error. It is normal for settings file to be absent. The risk is calculated correctly - 1% of $100 balance is $1.
The second screenshot shows that you are likely trying to compile PositionSizeCalculator.mqh instead of PositionSizeCalculator.mq5.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Enivid,

There seem to have wrong values in CFDs with MT5. Need your help gratefully.
It looks like this broker doesn't return correct SYMBOL_TRADE_CONTRACT_SIZE for its symbols to MQL5 programs.
As you can see on the screenshot, it returns the value as 39761.2:
contractsize.png
While in reality it is 1000 as the symbol's specification shows it.
That's, unfortunately, a problem with many brokers. Without the correct contract size value, it is impossible to calculate the risk correctly.

• 👍
Reactions: Shore34 and EnrichWave

alireza-gh

Trader
Apr 19, 2021
The first screenshot doesn't show any error. It is normal for settings file to be absent. The risk is calculated correctly - 1% of $100 balance is $1.
The second screenshot shows that you are likely trying to compile PositionSizeCalculator.mqh instead of PositionSizeCalculator.mq5.
Thank you for your attention. I realized I was wrong.

Jarek.p

Apr 21, 2021
Hello, is it possible to change default values? Because when I close Position Size Calculator all my settings are lost and I have to load my saved values or u have to set all values up.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello, is it possible to change default values? Because when I close Position Size Calculator all my settings are lost and I have to load my saved values or u have to set all values up.
Yes, there is an entire section in the input parameters dedicated to default values. However, if you are closing the panel, you need to enter the input parameters again next time you attach the indicator. The best solution is to keep it on the chart, or to save a chart template with it, or to save input parameters to a .set file to load it next time you attach the indicator.

bartalemeo

Trader
Feb 2, 2021
Hello,

I have been using ver. 2.33 of this wonderful trade helper. I have a request. (I haven't reviewed ver. 2.37 yet). In the Main Tab, Account balance, is it possible to add an option to chose Free Margin? I want my position size to be calculated based on my Free Margin. And also, better than that, is it possible to enter Account balance a random value that I want? Would it be possible for you to add these to this wonderful indicator, please? Thanks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

I have been using ver. 2.33 of this wonderful trade helper. I have a request. (I haven't reviewed ver. 2.37 yet). In the Main Tab, Account balance, is it possible to add an option to chose Free Margin? I want my position size to be calculated based on my Free Margin. And also, better than that, is it possible to enter Account balance a random value that I want? Would it be possible for you to add these to this wonderful indicator, please? Thanks.
I will think about adding a Free Margin option, however I am not sure what's the logic of using Free Margin for a risk basis. As for the custom value, you can do that via AdditionalFunds input parameter - you can enter position or negative number to modify the current balance to whatever you want it to be.

Michael618

Trader
Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

the input parameter "DefaultCommision" should have a clearer description, like "One-way commission per 1 lot (100k base currency)"
I give an example that can generate confusion, on pepperstone => commisions webpage => there are 3 columns

TradingAccountCurrencyCommission per 0.01 lots (1000 base currency)Commission per 1 lot (100k base currency)
USDUSD 0.04 (0.08 round turn)USD 3.50 (USD 7 round turn)
EUREUR 0.03 (0.06 round turn)EUR 2.61 (EUR 5.23 round turn)

knowing for sure what this parameter is about, helps beginners too.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

the input parameter "DefaultCommision" should have a clearer description, like "One-way commission per 1 lot (100k base currency)"
I give an example that can generate confusion, on pepperstone => commisions webpage => there are 3 columns

TradingAccountCurrencyCommission per 0.01 lots (1000 base currency)Commission per 1 lot (100k base currency)
USDUSD 0.04 (0.08 round turn)USD 3.50 (USD 7 round turn)
EUREUR 0.03 (0.06 round turn)EUR 2.61 (EUR 5.23 round turn)

knowing for sure what this parameter is about, helps beginners too.
That's actually clearly stated in the panel itself. I will try to make it clear in the input parameters too.

• 👍
Reactions: Michael618

bartalemeo

Trader
Feb 2, 2021
I will think about adding a Free Margin option, however I am not sure what's the logic of using Free Margin for a risk basis. As for the custom value, you can do that via AdditionalFunds input parameter - you can enter position or negative number to modify the current balance to whatever you want it to be.
This (Additional Funds) was what I was looking for and solved my problem. Thanks for the explanation.

• 👍
Reactions: Michael618

peterpies

Trader
Mar 18, 2019
When using a fixed stop loss, 'UseFixedSLDistance: SL distance in points instead of level.' set to true.

Is there a way of changing, 'SL: Default stop-loss value, in broker's pips.' without having to delete the indicator and reload with the desired change?

Am I doing something wrong or is that the only way?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When using a fixed stop loss, 'UseFixedSLDistance: SL distance in points instead of level.' set to true.

Is there a way of changing, 'SL: Default stop-loss value, in broker's pips.' without having to delete the indicator and reload with the desired change?

Am I doing something wrong or is that the only way?
You can change it directly in the panel.

• 👍
Reactions: peterpies

YOWIL

Trader
Apr 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
please i am facing two situation with position size calculator indicator. First, my PSC-Trade refuse to enter two position closely. secondly it refuses also to validate my stop loss saying that it is too close. how can i face them??

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
First, my PSC-Trade refuse to enter two position closely.
What does that mean exactly?

secondly it refuses also to validate my stop loss saying that it is too close. how can i face them??
Increase your stop-loss. It says that it is too close only when it is closer than STOPLEVEL threshold defined by your broker.

Napolean

Trader
Sep 15, 2019
Hi Enivid,

I just downloaded the latest PSC version and tried it on US500cash index on my MT4 platform. I tried to put $20 as risk and a RR of 1:1, but it turns out to be only $15.34 in profit size. I've also tried a few more trades with $10, all results show the profit or loss to be slightly off the mark. Is it not meant to work for indices?

Untitled picture.png

Status
Not open for further replies.