How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzalez74

Trader
Feb 6, 2021
Both are correct. Please double check your numbers. You have risk at 0.66% in the web calculator. Also, EUR/CAD is nowhere near 1.27570.
Yes, maybe it's my mistake... but I don't see what it is, so I asked for help, which I thank for the time you can dedicate to it. Having said that, this is importante: Can you please see my printscreen of the original post? There, I have a prinscreen of the web calculator and on top, I superimposed a printscreen of the indicator, with the values I have at that moment! There I can see the following:
1 - Yes, the risk / reward is 0.66%, as it is also on the indicator's prinscreen! Please check!
2 - In the printscreen of the indicator you can see that in the [Entry] field I have Long: 1.27570 USD/CAD, the same as I entered in the web calculator. (My mistake when I mentioned another pair before) So, I have the correct information on the web calculator and on the indicator and the values are different! What is escaping me? Thank you very much for any insights!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1 - Yes, the risk / reward is 0.66%, as it is also on the indicator's prinscreen! Please check!
You are confusing risk percentage with risk-to-reward ratio. Your MT4 PSC is set to risk 1%. Your web calculator is set to risk 0.66%.
In the printscreen of the indicator you can see that in the [Entry] field I have Long: 1.27570 USD/CAD, the same as I entered in the web calculator. (My mistake when I mentioned another pair before) So, I have the correct information on the web calculator and on the indicator and the values are different!
The web calculator is asking EUR/CAD rate from you because your account is in EUR while your profit from the USD/CAD pair is in CAD. You gave it USD/CAD rate, so it isn't calculating properly.

• 👍
Reactions: Gonzalez74

Gonzalez74

Trader
Feb 6, 2021
You are confusing risk percentage with risk-to-reward ratio. Your MT4 PSC is set to risk 1%. Your web calculator is set to risk 0.66%.

The web calculator is asking EUR/CAD rate from you because your account is in EUR while your profit from the USD/CAD pair is in CAD. You gave it USD/CAD rate, so it isn't calculating properly.
Okay, maybe the problem is this: I noticed that in the Web calculator I have Risk Ratio,% = 0.66% but in the indicator I have in the field [Risk,%] = 0.99 I must have confused it with the field below [Reward / risk] = 0.66 When changing the value from 0.66 to 0.99 on the web calculator, I get the following result: 0.40 which is much closer to 0.49 of the indicator! It is that?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Okay, maybe the problem is this: I noticed that in the Web calculator I have Risk Ratio,% = 0.66% but in the indicator I have in the field [Risk,%] = 0.99 I must have confused it with the field below [Reward / risk] = 0.66 When changing the value from 0.66 to 0.99 on the web calculator, I get the following result: 0.40 which is much closer to 0.49 of the indicator! It is that?
Yes, if you also enter the current EUR/CAD Ask correctly, it will become even closer to 0.49.

• 👍
Reactions: Gonzalez74

adsw

Feb 18, 2021
Hello,

Apologies if I am not posting in the right place (please point me in the right direction if so).
I have the PSC installed on my MT4 version 4.0 build 1320 on the FTMO server.
I have installed the PSC and the script but when I go to execute it says in the terminal tab 'PositionSizeCalculator' is not a script and cannot be executed.

What is likely to be the problem?

Thanks

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

Apologies if I am not posting in the right place (please point me in the right direction if so).
I have the PSC installed on my MT4 version 4.0 build 1320 on the FTMO server.
I have installed the PSC and the script but when I go to execute it says in the terminal tab 'PositionSizeCalculator' is not a script and cannot be executed.

What is likely to be the problem?

Thanks
PositionSizeCalculator is an indicator and should be installed as an indicator. Then, attached to a chart.
PSC-Trader is a script and should be installed as a script. Then, you can run it on a chart where you have PositionSizeCalculator attached.

adsw

Feb 18, 2021
PositionSizeCalculator is an indicator and should be installed as an indicator. Then, attached to a chart.
PSC-Trader is a script and should be installed as a script. Then, you can run it on a chart where you have PositionSizeCalculator attached.
I believe that I have already done these steps. I am able to attach the psc to the chart but when I go to run the script it says in my terminal that PositionSizeCalculator' is not a script and cannot be executed. Where is it likely that I am going wrong?

Deadllee

Trader
Feb 19, 2021
Please set ShowATROptions input parameter to true for the panel fields to appear.
Awesome one problem solved :)

Next one is the script.

When I run the script for the auto order at set Entry/SL/TP the doesn't open them there I sent the lines.

I'll try get screen shots and what not

CurrencyWaves

Trader
Feb 28, 2021
Trying to place order with the script but get this Entry line not found error?

Attachments

• entry not found.PNG
    entry not found.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 2

ZORGOROS

Trader
Mar 3, 2021
hello. I do have a question, I have installed the PSC and using it for a while, I saw a screenshot on the site which I will attach, the thing is I cannot find this part in the panel, I want to take my profit step by step, For EX ( 1 have 100 pips TP, I want to divide it by 3 and every time takes 1/3 of my TP in different steps ). now I'm asking this thing is happening in PSC or not ???

by the way, thank you for this panel it's so cool and useful

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.04.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 12.04.09 PM.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 1

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello. I do have a question, I have installed the PSC and using it for a while, I saw a screenshot on the site which I will attach, the thing is I cannot find this part in the panel, I want to take my profit step by step, For EX ( 1 have 100 pips TP, I want to divide it by 3 and every time takes 1/3 of my TP in different steps ). now I'm asking this thing is happening in PSC or not ???

by the way, thank you for this panel it's so cool and useful
Just set ScriptTakePorfitsNumber input parameter to the number of TPs you'd like and that's it.

ZORGOROS

Trader
Mar 3, 2021
Just set ScriptTakePorfitsNumber input parameter to the number of TPs you'd like and that's it.
I got what u says, but the point is there is no field like that, look at my screenshot ( attached )

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 11.06.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 11.06.13 AM.png
    585 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.