How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi. Thank you for your reply.

But that post instructs us to remove old objects laid about by older versions of PSC, and I don't have that problem. In fact, I'm almost sure the problem is related to changing the time frame. If you would be so kind to watch this video, you shall see it happen:

https://gofile.io/d/e1rXki

Note that you can download the video file or stream it right from the page.

Also note that I have changed the font and color of the lines and labels, but I didn't change anything else and the problem was already there before I changed anything.
It has just dawned on me :)! You are setting Take-Profit button into an SL-peg mode (grayed out). The first click sets the TP = SL. The second click sets the TP to follow the Entry-SL distance. The third click disables that mode.

Lvmm

Trader
Dec 15, 2019
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Whatever this "peg mode" is, I don't think it is working well. Note that both lines can be dragged around as I wish before I change the time frame, and the TP line becomes stuck only after the time frame -- and nothing else -- is changed. That looks like a bug to me. If it is a feature, then it is very counterintuitive.

zacz

Sep 22, 2020
Version 2.32 has a bug in it - it wont do instant orders. Alwasy the order is a BUY STOP or a SELL STOP. I have confirmed that the ORDER TYPE setting says instant. Even tried it with pending, same issue

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Whatever this "peg mode" is, I don't think it is working well. Note that both lines can be dragged around as I wish before I change the time frame, and the TP line becomes stuck only after the time frame -- and nothing else -- is changed. That looks like a bug to me. If it is a feature, then it is very counterintuitive.
After you switch to M1 and before you try to move the line, you click on the Take-Profit button. That's the second click, which enables the SL-peg mode - the button becomes grayed out. If you click the button again, it will release the peg and you will be able to move it freely again. This behavior is explained on the indicator's description page. If you don't like this feature, you can change the code to remove it - the indicator is open-source.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 2.32 has a bug in it - it wont do instant orders. Alwasy the order is a BUY STOP or a SELL STOP. I have confirmed that the ORDER TYPE setting says instant. Even tried it with pending, same issue
Please make sure you are using the latest version of PSC (which is 2.33) with the latest version of PSC-Trader script (which is 1.10), having also removed the pre-2.32 lines from the chart (explained in this post).

Beesblaas

Trader
Jan 5, 2021
I have a request for an enhancement to the tool.
The risk to reward calculation on the Main screen only calculates using the Take Profit value on the Main screen.
It will be nice to alter the calculation to incorporate multiple Take Profit values that can be entered on the Script screen.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

trovach

Trader
Oct 24, 2020
I have this problem with latest PST and script
2021.01.07 10:56:23.850 PSC-Trader EURUSD,M15: Execution failed. Error: 4112 - unknown error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lvmm

Trader
Dec 15, 2019
The one change I would like to see in this tool is to have the margin calculation on the Main tab. I'm sure it won't be a popular suggestion. It's just my personal habit: every time I am about to place a trade, I look at the Margin tab, just the first line (Position margin), and all that clicking across tabs is tedious. I never even look at the Risk % and Reward risk fields, I could very well live without them and have the margin on the Main tab instead. I've opened the source and tried to make my own spin-off indicator with this idea, but the code is quite complex and I get lost in it. :-(
Thank you for the attention anyway.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Lvmm You can use the trading script while the panel is switched to the Margin tab. You can move the lines around without switching to the Main tab. Basically, if the margin is the field that interests you, then you can just never switch away from it and still use the calculator.

Lvmm

Trader
Dec 15, 2019
There is a label with the value of the projected profit on the take profit line. Is it possible to have a label with the value of the (negative) profit on the stop loss line? I can't see that option anywhere. That would help.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
There is a label with the value of the projected profit on the take profit line. Is it possible to have a label with the value of the (negative) profit on the stop loss line? I can't see that option anywhere. That would help.
No, there is no such option. I will probably add such an option in the future version. In most cases, it isn't needed as moving the SL line doesn't change the risk size, it changes the position size. However, if fixed position size is set, the risk size should change with the SL line movements.

Lvmm

Trader
Dec 15, 2019
I understand. The thing is, I don't manage risk in the orthodox way. I just mind how much $$$ I'm risking and might possibly earn exactly. It really seems more natural to me that way. Risk percentages look meaningless to me.
Thank you.

quintg101

Jan 14, 2021
hey downloaded the calculator and it won't let me add files to indicator folder on open data folder step how do I troubleshoot or fix the issue.

Lvmm

Trader
Dec 15, 2019
Feature request:

As the Take Profit button can be clicked to toggle it in and out of "locked" mode, can we have a similar toggle for the entry price?

There is currently a toggling long/short button next to the entry price, but I wish I could toggle the entry price between locked on the current price and an editable field. Why? So I can freeze the chart's side scroll and study past events, entering random entry prices so I can measure potential gains and losses in those past events.

(I never use the long/short button anyway. I just move the SL and TP lines around, and PSC switches between long/short automatically.)

Thank you for your attention.

vespucci

May 20, 2020
Hey, I have a question. Why do stop-loss price and entry position change when switching between time frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.