How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael618

Trader
Jul 20, 2017
Second, adding a checkbox without any text would be very much confusing to traders while adding a description

I was visualizing a checkbox with some text like: "lock with SL" or "locked".

but your point of view makes sense anyway, indeed.
it doesnt seem that advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Indeed, clicking TP button, is not a big deal.

Teranox

Sep 27, 2019
I'm new to using this but find it almost perfect.

I'm modifying some defaults in the code because I was hoping I could setup a fixed risk amount in Money through settings menu, so that I don't have to input it manually and save some time.
I've found some settings that looked like it would do the trick but its not working for me.
Risk % always resets Money risked amount when applied to chart.

Also is it possible to input a fixed portfolio value to be used for risk calculations? (Not only Equity or Account balance)

Thanks for all your help!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm modifying some defaults in the code because I was hoping I could setup a fixed risk amount in Money through settings menu, so that I don't have to input it manually and save some time.
I've found some settings that looked like it would do the trick but its not working for me.
Risk % always resets Money risked amount when applied to chart.

You can only set default Risk %, not Risk Money. The problem is because the default way for the PSC panel is to calculate the Money from %, not the other way around.

Also is it possible to input a fixed portfolio value to be used for risk calculations? (Not only Equity or Account balance)

You can add fixed additional funds via an input parameter (AdditionalFunds).

Tomsr

Sep 29, 2019
Is it possible to scale the size of the PSC panel to fit the chart better? I find my indicators hide some of the panel and it cannot be completely displayed. Or can it be set to be in the foreground over everything else? Thanks.

Teranox

Sep 27, 2019
You can only set default Risk %, not Risk Money. The problem is because the default way for the PSC panel is to calculate the Money from %, not the other way around.
You can add fixed additional funds via an input parameter (AdditionalFunds).

Thank you for replying.
I'm surprised its not a feature people request or need more... I know some peoples money management depend on fixed $ to work.
I know most trade % based but this recalculates each position all the time... for better or worse.
I guess i can adjust % number risk in code from time to time to keep risk somewhat fixed to a money base... But it will still be off by a lot in periods of larger fluctuations.
Adding like 1mil to my balance and setting low % risk might also work...

Teranox

Sep 27, 2019
I have found the indicator window gets stuck if I Have an EA on chart and open its settings.
It's like it gets into permanent background and I can't get to it. Not even delete from chart.

I have changed "Panelontopofcharts" setting from "true" to "false"
It helped... as I can use both EA and PSC interchangeably.
But from time to time it still gets stuck on the chart from some action I can't identify.

Any insight into why?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it possible to scale the size of the PSC panel to fit the chart better? I find my indicators hide some of the panel and it cannot be completely displayed. Or can it be set to be in the foreground over everything else? Thanks.
You can reduce the height of the panel a little by setting HideAccSize to true.

• 👍
Reactions: Michael618

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have found the indicator window gets stuck if I Have an EA on chart and open its settings.
It's like it gets into permanent background and I can't get to it. Not even delete from chart.

I have changed "Panelontopofcharts" setting from "true" to "false"
It helped... as I can use both EA and PSC interchangeably.
But from time to time it still gets stuck on the chart from some action I can't identify.

Any insight into why?
I would probably be able to help with this if you looked at what error messages get printed out in the Experts and Journal tabs of the terminal when such an issue occurs.

Michael618

Trader
Jul 20, 2017
One useful, or potential useful feature:

(calculated lot size = V)
the possibility to open a trade, through the script,
even when V > "Max position size" and V > "Maximum position size by margin"

script would open a trade, this way
with V = MathMin("Max position size", "Maximum position size by margin")

what do you think?
I am thinking about a checkbox in the Script tab, if the user wants to open a transaction anyway.

(I searched in options, and looked at the youtube videos, but I didn't find a way to do this, so if it's possible, i would love to hear how)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
the possibility to open a trade, through the script,
even when V > "Max position size" and V > "Maximum position size by margin"

script would open a trade, this way
with V = MathMin("Max position size", "Maximum position size by margin")

I don't quite understand the point of this. Right now, if you set some value in the Max position size field on the Script tab and the PSC calculates a position size that is greater than that value, the script will open a trade of a volume set in the Max position size field.

The Maximum position size by margin field on the Margin tab is for information only - it will even change if you enter some custom leverage on that tab. Using this value to open actual trade isn't a good idea.

Michael618

Trader
Jul 20, 2017
I don't quite understand the point of this. Right now, if you set some value in the Max position size field on the Script tab and the PSC calculates a position size that is greater than that value, the script will open a trade of a volume set in the Max position size field.

Well, i tried exactly that.
I set "Max position size" to 0.05
"Maximum position size by margin" says 0.13
and I tried opening a position of 0.10

here:
2019.09.30 13:07:52.867 PSC-Trader (GBPUSD,M5) Not taking a trade - position size (0.1) > maximum position size (0.05).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Well, i tried exactly that.
I set "Max position size" to 0.05
"Maximum position size by margin" says 0.13
and I tried opening a position of 0.10

here:
2019.09.30 13:07:52.867 PSC-Trader (GBPUSD,M5) Not taking a trade - position size (0.1) > maximum position size (0.05).

Please make sure you are using the latest version of the PSC-Trader script (1.06). It should output something like this in that case:

2019.09.30 14:01:29.516 PSC-Trader (GBPUSD,H1) Position size (0.74) > maximum position size (0.10). Setting position size to 0.10.

• 👍
Reactions: Michael618

Michael618

Trader
Jul 20, 2017
yes, indeed. i replaced with 1.06 version, and it works as expected :)

very nice :D

one small thing, after i looked at the source of the script, to check it's version
it's a little confusing, the first line, with PSC-Trader.mq4 in there
;)

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

peterpies

Trader
Mar 18, 2019
I know there is a maximum stop loss setting for the indicator and if the chosen/placed stop loss is higher than this setting no trade is taken.

Would you consider rather than not taking the trade but having the indicator use the maximum stop loss setting rather than the chosen/placed stop loss.

if (maximum stop loss>chosen/placed stop loss)
chosen/placed stop loss=maximum stop loss;

If not could you point to where the calculation is done for the panel.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I know there is a maximum stop loss setting for the indicator and if the chosen/placed stop loss is higher than this setting no trade is taken.

Would you consider rather than not taking the trade but having the indicator use the maximum stop loss setting rather than the chosen/placed stop loss.

if (maximum stop loss>chosen/placed stop loss)
chosen/placed stop loss=maximum stop loss;
Yeah, I could probably change that in the next version of the script.

• 👍
Reactions: peterpies

Misanthropic

Oct 2, 2019
Hello i am using this indicator since many months and i like it but it seems that it is calculating the wrong position size for some assets on metatrader 5. On the US500 ticker the position is way too small (for example if i risk 40 dollar and get stopped out my loss is smaller than 1 dollar) and on USoil the position is about 50 % too high so when i risk 50 dollar the loss would be 100). I checked this several times and all other pairs seem to work perfect. Any advice what i can do? or is there maybe any update?

Update: I have just checked the Pair EURJPY for example and i noticed that there ist also a wrong position size (the size is about 45 % too small).

Maybe i should reinstall the indicator?

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Update: I have just checked the Pair EURJPY for example and i noticed that there ist also a wrong position size (the size is about 45 % too small).

Maybe i should reinstall the indicator?
You could try that. But please tell me what broker and account type are you using to get those results? So, I could check this myself. Also, what version of the Position Size Calculator do you use? And what is your account currency?

Misanthropic

Oct 2, 2019
You could try that. But please tell me what broker and account type are you using to get those results? So, I could check this myself. Also, what version of the Position Size Calculator do you use? And what is your account currency?

I am using IC Markets as broker and i am having a normal account (not demo). My currency is Euro. The version of the Position Size Calculator is 2.21

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.