How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Thank You Enivid - Everything I Wanted And More

thankyou.jpg

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
My two pennath

The new version includes . . . changeable colors/styles for nearly everything.

Except you can't change the line widths

H'mmmmmm

Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining - It's still a good indicator - Just means having to use the line editor as and when

I did spend quite a bit of time trying to figure it out . . . to no avail :(

Just had the light bulb come on - - - Maybe I could copy the code from an indicator that HAS a variable line width ?

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Your THE man Enivid

Well . . . got there in the end - ;) - C'est la vie !

Excellent Indicator . . . Basically all Singing and Dancing . . . Does Everything !

You will have to go back to my earlier post to get your thank you.

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Problems

Don't know what you have done to the indicator Enivid

IT DOES NOT WORK ANY MORE

4451190678_sad_face_13549_xlarge.png

I know you have done something - because the lines of code are now in different positions. I now have version 1:11 and if I am not mistaken I need to go back to at least 1:10 (not that I made a note of the version numbers) The one I need (which did work) is the one after you added line width.

WHY?

I had a unrelated MT4 problem which meant I had to re-install everything - C'est la vie !

My problem was NOT having a separate folder for copies of my indicators. Thought everything would be safe in MT4 (learning the HARD way)

Before you blame me - Have checked with an untouched copy to confirm my suspicions.

I blame my broker for making me reload my MT4.

Last edited:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Suspicions

Possibly Not Your Fault Enivid if my suspicions are correct. Thinking it might well be something to do with the 600 build (I'm on 625) Rumour has it that the platform is still far from stable.

I do keep trying a fresh upload on the faint hope that it works again like it used to.

H'mmm :confused:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Is anybody else having the same problem or is it me ?

Tried this one out of the zipped folder as is :(

zzz_zps25b413b9.png

• No Take Profit Line
  • No Risk - Reward Calculation
  • Stop Loss Wrong Amount
  • Take Profit Wrong Amount (Not Shown)

WHY ?

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Regarding the stop-loss line:

How did you detect the "actual level". If it was a tool-tip value, then it is a wrong way to do it. It may report wrong level. The correct way to check the actual level is to watch at the level shown at the right price scale or in the graphic object properties.

If you do it correctly and there is still a difference, make sure that the indicator had a chance to refresh with a new tick if you are using MT4 version.

Regarding the TP line:

Did you set some TP level in the input parameter? Was there a previously set TP line on the chart? You can invoke the list of objects by pressing Ctrl+b and see if there is some legacy TP line at 0 level or something. If there is no TP line then just change the TP input parameter of the indicator to some non-zero value.

It would also help if you stated the version of MetaTrader you are using.

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Appreciate your reply Enivid

Getting used to spelling Divine backwards now ;)

My MT4 has reached 625

The image on my last post was the indicator placed on a totally virgin chart all I did was F8 to remove the grid.

The EntryLevel and StopLossLevel self loaded after installation - On both a 5 and 3 decimal place charts - didn't even have to go looking for them like I had to first time round - They were there right next to the indicator.

Now here's the thing . . .

• Ctrl + B checked the chart for the above lines before installation - Not there.
  • When I remove the indicator the lines remain on the chart

What I'm wondering is - Are the lines stuck in a memory somewhere from before ?

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
< < < S T O P < < < P R E S S < < <

Read and re-read your reply then read it again and again - Let it sink in - read it again and again - Then Lo and Behold the light came on !

Finally got it sorted

What a relief

I was sure as sure you said in an earlier version to leave the zero's as zero's and it would sort itself out.
That is what I had been doing prior to me re installing MT4 without a problem.
Yes I had to go looking for them and sometimes they were off the scale - BUT hey ho it worked !

C'est la vie

Thank you Enivid your Divine

kizac72

Active Trader
May 7, 2014
Hi is there a way to enter the manually enter a figure for Acc Equity , and let it work out the size . i.e Do not use the actual Acc Equity or balance but a manually entered figure?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
No, but in that case it is just easier to enter a fixed money risk value. E.g. if you want to be risking 1% of a fixed $10,000 balance, you just enter 100 into MoneyRisk parameter and set UseMoneyInsteadOfPercentage to true.

kizac72

Active Trader
May 7, 2014
Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. Pardon my ignorance, but if my base currency is in SGD, putting 100 into MoneyRisk parameter, and i trade AUD/USD, would the risk be calulated based on USD or does it work into SGD?

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Own Space

Who Turned The Light On ?

cbc68138-a046-43ec-ba50-32a9804f39e6_zpsae4fcb90.jpg

The Position Size Calculator which WE finally made good has one drawback - The chart often gets in the way !

Doesn't matter where you put it - At some point in time the chart IS going to get in the way !

BetSize_zpsc52f2251.jpg

What's the chances of it having it's own window ?

BetSize_2_zpsf5ed42c4.jpg

This way the window can be dragged Open or Closed as and when required - (see first image bottom left corner)

Brilliant . . . . Why didn't I think of this first time round !

You may have noticed that my end product is slightly different to yours

I tried to make it L@@k better (Full extent of my coding ability) - Not that there was anything wrong with yours - just my personal opinion and that I am a Spread Better as opposed to a Trader - BetSize as opposed to PositionSize - H'mmm

The reason I mention the above - Is there a code in yours that WILL be in mine to change that would just put it in it's own window - Save a lot of messing around For Me

Thank you for our consideration - Appreciated

PS Room for something else at a later date

PPS The White Border is just me tidying up - Yes I would like it - BUT it's not essential - Because I can't write code I don't know how difficult what I am asking is.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, you can change the code to generate the text labels in a separate window of the chart. But what is the point if you can just scale the vertical axis down whenever the chart gets in the way?

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
I Tried

Because when you are watching multiple charts in multiple timeframes on multiple monitors like I am it's hassle I can do without.

Besides, if you have other information and or indicators displayed quite often there is simply no where to move to.

It also helps provide a cleaner chart space - You just don't need it constantly in your face. Even the three lines I move off screen when I am not using the indi.

Just opened my MetaEditor to see if I could figure it out myself.

Compared my BetSize Indi with BetterVolume Indi and I was sure I had it sassed out.

Line 13 #property indicator_chart_window change to #property indicator_separate_window (as seen on line 8 BetterVolume)

It SHOULD have worked BUT it didn't - for whatever reason - Yes I even tried closing and re-opening the MT4

H'mmm

I still can't believe MY change of code didn't work - another sleepless night :confused:

My only hope now is for other members to join this conversation and add support for a SEPARATE window

**********************************************************************************************

Would you Adam and Eve it

Whilst writing this message the separate window HAS opened BUT the indi is still on the main window

BetSize_4_zps11e4670e.jpg

I also looked into using ScaleFix to move the chart - NO - it doesn't work - sorry

Yes the chart moves BUT not of any use

Separate Window IS the way forward

Status
Not open for further replies.