How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevefx

Active Trader
Dec 7, 2012
NZ
I can't begin to tell you just how grateful I am for all your amazing indicator and script. It makes trading a breeze. One thing that I would find really helpful would be the ability to set stop to breakeven with one push of a button. Would this even be possible?

thealchemist

Trader
Oct 23, 2018
I'm trading with ICmarkets. PSC and its PSC-trader script are working great for everything but China50.
I've tried re-attaching the script.
Placing an order using the native MT4 "New order" works fine.
Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Attached are screenshots

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 17.08.31.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 17.08.31.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 17.08.40.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-05 at 17.08.40.png
    15 KB · Views: 2

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I can't begin to tell you just how grateful I am for all your amazing indicator and script. It makes trading a breeze. One thing that I would find really helpful would be the ability to set stop to breakeven with one push of a button. Would this even be possible?
The indicator cannot access orders. The script can do it, but adding this to the PSC-Trader script would significantly alter its usability for its main purpose - plain order opening based on PSC indicator's output. At the same time, there are plenty of breakeven scripts available online both for MT4 and MT5, which you could use (and even assign a hotkey combination for them if you need it).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm trading with ICmarkets. PSC and its PSC-trader script are working great for everything but China50.
I've tried re-attaching the script.
Placing an order using the native MT4 "New order" works fine.
Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

I would like to test for this bug, but I need to know which demo account type you have with ICmarkets - True ECN or Standard Account?
Also, does this happen only with pending orders or also with instant?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Position Size Calculator indicator has been updated to version 2.15 and PSC-Trader script has been updated to version 1.06. They implement a number of suggestions and fixes some bugs reported in this thread. The biggest change is the new design of the MT5 version of the calculator. Do not forget to download the new version.

• 👍
Reactions: thealchemist

DvaLdi

Trader
Nov 9, 2018
Hi,
super calculator. Please see why it does not work or repair the functioning on - MT5, AMP global, futures. When I enter FX pairs everything works well. I suppose the problem at trading futures. Thank you

Attachments

• Výstřižek.JPG
    Výstřižek.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
@Enivid My humbled Thanks and heartful Wishes to have happy life. Every time I amazed when I use the Indicator, Scripts. and Could you please confirm the option in "Script" tab "Subtract open positions volume" and "Subtract pending orders volume" are the update request I mentioned earlier?.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, but they might be working differently from what you expect. They will count all positions to determine the volume of a trade to open. So, if you have 0.3 buy and 0.2 buy for example, it will count that as 0.5 buy and if the calculated position size is 1 lot, it will only open 0.5 buy.

• 👍
Reactions: EnrichWave

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
I checked that Enivid. It works flawlessly as I was expecting. the maximum lot size limit is extra gift you made.

Best regards

PS: Kindly guide me how to set the "Disable Trading when lines are hidden" default checked while loading the indicator.

Last edited:

DvaLdi

Trader
Nov 9, 2018
hi, i have a problem using the script. Due to the size of tick0,25, invalids price is reported. can be used in the rounding calculator so that the lines - ENTRY SL and TP only move in tick size?
AMP global, MT5, futures
Thank you

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 👍

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
PS: Kindly guide me how to set the "Disable Trading when lines are hidden" default checked while loading the indicator.

Unfortunately, there is no default parameter of that.

hi, i have a problem using the script. Due to the size of tick0,25, invalids price is reported. can be used in the rounding calculator so that the lines - ENTRY SL and TP only move in tick size?

I will add that in the next version, but that won't be very soon. Thanks for pointing this out!

• 👍

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Kindly fix this also when you release the next version.
If I've already added the indicator on one chart and If I drag another currency pair into that it shows old TP,SL value which leads no TP,SL lines near the price line.

Kind Regards

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Kindly fix this also when you release the next version.
If I've already added the indicator on one chart and If I drag another currency pair into that it shows old TP,SL value which leads no TP,SL lines near the price line.

I am not sure that this needs to be fixed. It would tamper with the user's inputs. Currently, a user can change the pair, check something, then switch back and have his or her inputs intact. If I make it so that the SL/TP jumps to some nearby High/Low, it would irreversibly mess up the panel's values. Think of it like a timeframe change - switching from W1 to M5 will also make the lines appear outside the screen borders, but it does not mean that they should be moved automatically closer.

• 👍

fx.sniper

Trader
Oct 23, 2018
Thanks so much for this awesome tool. I understand that the calculator can only work with whole number, position sizes. So the resulting Risk percentage will vary depending on SL settings, etc. and since it can´t use fractional position sizing, it may vary a lot, especially with micro lots.

I have no commission specified, and entered a trade with 5.4 pips SL at 1% risk. But the calculator set a position size of 0.01 and Result risk Percentage of 50%. Why would it not size it at 0.02 with a resulting 100% risk percentage?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I understand that the calculator can only work with whole number, position sizes. So the resulting Risk percentage will vary depending on SL settings, etc. and since it can´t use fractional position sizing, it may vary a lot, especially with micro lots.

It can work with fractional position sizes - down to 0.01 in MT4 and down to 0.00000001 in MT5.

I have no commission specified, and entered a trade with 5.4 pips SL at 1% risk. But the calculator set a position size of 0.01 and Result risk Percentage of 50%. Why would it not size it at 0.02 with a resulting 100% risk percentage?

It outputs 0.01 position size because the platform does not allow smaller position size, why would it output a larger size in this case?

fx.sniper

Trader
Oct 23, 2018
It can work with fractional position sizes - down to 0.01 in MT4 and down to 0.00000001 in MT5.

It outputs 0.01 position size because the platform does not allow smaller position size, why would it output a larger size in this case?

As I mentioned, the calculator allows for a Risk setting, which I have at 1%. Then the calculator will fill in the variable field Result, with the actual resulting risk, which changes depending on where you place your Stop Loss. If everything matches, the Result risk will be 100%. At 5.4 pips, the calculator filled in a 0.01 position but with a resulting risk at only 50%, (meaning .5% risk, since I had set it at 1%). So the calculator needed to set the position size to 0.02, and the Result would have been 100%.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@fx.sniper It looks like you are misunderstanding the purpose of the panel's fields. The Result Risk is not given in percentage terms of the Input Risk. It is given in percentage terms of your account balance (same way as the Input Risk). Ideally, Result Risk should be the same as Input Risk. It is not equal when the position size cannot be set to the calculated value due to the platform's limitations (e.g., low minimum trade size or high lot step size).

In your example, the calculated position size is likely about 0.0002, but since the platform's minimum is 0.01, it shows the result of 0.01, which with your current account size and symbol's properties equals 50% risk.

Velgengni

Trader
Dec 21, 2018
Like many others, I am also grateful for this indicator. Thank you very much.
Just a quick feedback (or question): Is it only me, or does anyone else also have bug issue when it comes to calculate risk for GOLD (XAUUSD)?
I used the latest version (2.1.7) on MT4.

v6TXsCE.png

When did a plan with 1% risk, the indicator gave me $4.76 risk, $13.29 reward, with 0.03 lot.
However, when I executed it using PSC-trader, the risk was actually $19.77 (instead of $4.76) eventhough the lot size was correct:
3XG4h1c.png

Reward/Take Profit (TP) was $55.20 instead of $13.29
KmEPfsI.png

Perhaps I missed something, or is it a bug?

• 👍
Status
Not open for further replies.