How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

caele

Trader
Dec 19, 2015
Would it be possible to add a comment to a trade using a text box in the indicator?
Would also be cool to be able to mark / make a note on a position you take in that way.

Jester73

Mar 6, 2017
Hi Enivid,

first of all a massive thank you for this great indicator and script to the person who developed/shared it. It makes my daily life much easier. I do have a suggestion. It would be great once the indicator is on the chart that the entry window stays closed once one changes timeframes. I know to a lot of people this not really is an issue but it just makes it cleaner when the window is closed if the indicator is not needed and one is more in "analysis" rather than "trading mode"

Other than that, I could not be happier

Thanks
Jester

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

caele

Trader
Dec 19, 2015
It's already there - Order commentary in the Script tab.
Sorry, missed that!
More development ideas: setting the comment and the commission "values" to some savable standard similar to how you can save initial % risk.
Thanks again for your time into this!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Do you mean saveable to templates? I can add those, but the problem with making too many variables saveable to templates is that it may be counterproductive to users who prefer the template to carry the indicator but not such parameters as the commission size or order commentary.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
first of all a massive thank you for this great indicator and script to the person who developed/shared it. It makes my daily life much easier. I do have a suggestion. It would be great once the indicator is on the chart that the entry window stays closed once one changes timeframes. I know to a lot of people this not really is an issue but it just makes it cleaner when the window is closed if the indicator is not needed and one is more in "analysis" rather than "trading mode"

I have uploaded the version 2.06, which has this issue fixed.

portugalrd

Trader
Mar 17, 2017
I've been trying to use the PSC Trader but it's been without success.
The Position Size Calculator opens as expected, but when I try to open one trade using the PSC Trader, the trade doesn't open.
Below there is a page print with the information I've got.

Attachments

• PSC-Trader-error.jpg
    PSC-Trader-error.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

McForex

Trader
Mar 24, 2017
Hello; new here

I'm using mt4 and have successfully downloaded the 'Position Size Calculator' (ver 2.04) to my indicators , however, I am not able to see the graphic interface; just the text in the upper left hand corner. Please help. Thanks

John

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
That's the legacy version PSC you are attaching. The one with the panel should contain a folder PositionSizeCalculator in the archive file when you download it. When you copy the folder to /MQL4/Indicators/ and compile it (or simply restart the platform), the indicator should be available under Indicators->PositionSizeCalculator->PositionSizeCalculator. Like here:

psc.png

McForex

Trader
Mar 24, 2017
Oh, it got it. I wasn't copying the entire contents of the extracted file to my indicators folder; just the mq4 file by itself after compiling it in metaeditor to check for errors. It's working now.
Thank you very much

caele

Trader
Dec 19, 2015
Do you mean saveable to templates? I can add those, but the problem with making too many variables saveable to templates is that it may be counterproductive to users who prefer the template to carry the indicator but not such parameters as the commission size or order commentary.

I can see that point but think the positives will outweigh the negatives, most people will probably have some default commission and typ of basic commentary they would prefer. For the people who does not it will not bring as much negative change compared to the positives it would bring to the people who would prefer it Im thinking.

Btw, curious if have you considered thees suggestions any further?

"One feature that would be nice is to have a line showing where price would have to go to break even on the current position size set up you have, including commission.
The option to show more lines of where price would have to go for 2x the risk or 3x could be nice too.

The pending/ instant button is super useful to get the entry price line onto the screen so that you can then move it with the mouse.
I use it every time I switch markets and it would be very nice if the stop loss line would act similarly so that it moved to lets say the current ask price.
That way you could set up the trade without using the keyboard at all super fast and easy.

Just some ideas/suggestions for future developments, thanks for all your effort into this "indicator"!
"

DerekC

Trader
Mar 27, 2017
Pennsylvania, US
Though I have added hundreds of indicators, expert advisors and scripts to MT4 over the last year or two, I seem to be getting a boatload of errors (50+) when I attempt to compile this in the MetaQuotes editor. Has anyone used the indicator itself? Maybe I read the thread incorrectly. Do I need to add the scripts file to scripts as well as the indicator to the indicator folder? Thanks for any guidance you can provide...

Status
Not open for further replies.