Post automatically merged:

Perfect piece of work. I am very thankfull for your generousity to share

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.01 of the AutoTrading Scheduler has been released. It implements multiple important changes:
  • Added optional alerts when AutoTrading is toggled. (@jaypebe74)
  • Added non-enforced schedule mode to only toggle AutoTrading when a new period stats or ends. (@hinde.usr)
  • Added input parameters with default values for all panel fields. This will simplify setup and copying the panel settings from one platform to another.
  • Optimized processing of chart timeframe/symbol change.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the panel from maximizing after minimization. (@Tylergibson)
  • Fixed a bug that could cause multiple triggers when the scheduler was set to close trades.
  • Fixed a bug with deletion of leftover chart objects from a previously crashed ATS panel.
  • Removed the PanelOnTopOfChart parameter. This should be handled by chart settings.

fix

May 11, 2023
Version 1.01 of the AutoTrading Scheduler has been released. It implements multiple important changes:
  • Added non-enforced schedule mode to only toggle AutoTrading when a new period stats or ends. (@hinde.usr)
  • Added input parameters with default values for all panel fields. This will simplify setup and copying the panel settings from one platform to another.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the panel from maximizing after minimization. (@Tylergibson)
  • Fixed a bug that could cause multiple triggers when the scheduler was set to close trades.
  • Fixed a bug with deletion of leftover chart objects from a previously crashed ATS panel.
  • Removed the PanelOnTopOfChart parameter. This should be handled by chart settings.

Excellent work!

I have two suggestions:

1. To give the option to only disable auto trading if there are no open trades (it should wait until trades have closed then disable auto trading, as long as it's still within the specified time to disable auto trading)

2. To give the option to disable auto trading by specific date, not just days of the week

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

chrissezhi

Trader
Jan 19, 2023
Hi there - using Account Protector as well. I have noticed in the past when using an "equity protector" if the auto scheduler is set, equity is hit, the terminal will disable auto trading but enable again because auto scheduler says run during the time. Is there a way around this?

Hi there - using Account Protector as well. I have noticed in the past when using an "equity protector" if the auto scheduler is set, equity is hit, the terminal will disable auto trading but enable again because auto scheduler says run during the time. Is there a way around this?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Yes, in the new version of the AutoTrading Scheduler, you can untick the Always enforce schedule checkbox and the Scheduler will only enable/disable during the border time.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello, I drag the EA to the chart but, nothing happen, the import External DLL is check, what can I do?
Please check the output in the Experts tab when you try to attach the EA to the chart. However, the likeliest reason is that you have to re-compile the EA's source code.

korthouj

Active Trader
Dec 2, 2014
I just tested the EA and it closed all trades (as I configured it that way) when reaching the local time I configured it to stop the trading, but other EA's opened trades again immediately. How to disable ALL trading after the EA closing the trades (automatically by the EA I mean). There is no configuration option for this? No possibility to disable the Automated Trading button or even close the whole terminal? Can somebody maybe implement that functionality? Thx - Johan

Attachments

• Autotrading_Scheduler_running.png
    Autotrading_Scheduler_running.png
    358.9 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I just tested the EA and it closed all trades (as I configured it that way) when reaching the local time I configured it to stop the trading, but other EA's opened trades again immediately. How to disable ALL trading after the EA closing the trades (automatically by the EA I mean). There is no configuration option for this? No possibility to disable the Automated Trading button or even close the whole terminal? Can somebody maybe implement that functionality? Thx - Johan
Did it fail to disable Autotrading?

However, the schedule you have there means that it will re-enable Autotrading in 1 minute (disable at 23:59, enable at 00:00).

korthouj

Active Trader
Dec 2, 2014
I tested yesterday (Tuesday) and I configured it to disable trading (and close trades) in a few minutes time.
The other days I had indeed set to 0:00-23:59 (although it's better to set it to: 0:00-0:00 if you want it to trade continually
without interference or trades closed.
What I noticed was that the EA tries to close trades FIRST and THEN disable Automated Trading (the button).
But when it closed the trades, some EA's immediately opened trades again before the Automated trading was disabled.
I checked the code and found the problem in one of the the .mqh files. I changed the order. I will try to attach my changed version
here. Replace this file with my changed version in the directory where it is now or before copying it to the right directory
(in the Experts folder).

Attachments

• AutoTrading Scheduler.mqh
    45.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Code_with_wrong_order.png
    Code_with_wrong_order.png
    504.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Edited_code_order_of_doing_things.png
    Edited_code_order_of_doing_things.png
    934.2 KB · Views: 3

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What I noticed was that the EA tries to close trades FIRST and THEN disable Automated Trading (the button).
But when it closed the trades, some EA's immediately opened trades again before the Automated trading was disabled.
I checked the code and found the problem in one of the the .mqh files. I changed the order. I will try to attach my changed version
here. Replace this file with my changed version in the directory where it is now or before copying it to the right directory
(in the Experts folder).
How do you think the Scheduler will be able to close the trades if you disable auto-trading first?

kryptoman

Aug 10, 2023
hello, one question. how can i schedule the trades so that it trades with different lot sizes?
for example, during NY session i want to trade with 0.10 lot size but during US session with 0.01 on the same account with the option to close all trades before disabling it, is that possible?
i opened two instances of MT4 on the same account and placed Autotraindg Scheduler for 2 different trading hours but as it closed all open trades disabling it obviously cant run properly. any idea?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello, one question. how can i schedule the trades so that it trades with different lot sizes?
for example, during NY session i want to trade with 0.10 lot size but during US session with 0.01 on the same account with the option to close all trades before disabling it, is that possible?
i opened two instances of MT4 on the same account and placed Autotraindg Scheduler for 2 different trading hours but as it closed all open trades disabling it obviously cant run properly. any idea?
AutoTrading Scheduler doesn't trade at all, so I'm not sure what you mean by different lot sizes. If you are using a second EA that trades, you should modify its code to change the position size it uses.

irene88

Trader
Sep 1, 2023
what should I put in the parameters if I want the EA to work from Monday 0.30 till Friday 18.00? So basically I would like to switch it off only during weekend, from Friday 18.00 to Monday 0.30. Many thanks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
what should I put in the parameters if I want the EA to work from Monday 0.30 till Friday 18.00? So basically I would like to switch it off only during weekend, from Friday 18.00 to Monday 0.30. Many thanks.
For Monday: 00:30-00:00.
For Tuesday through Thursday: 00:00-00:00.
For Friday: 00:00-18:00.
Empty for Saturday and Sunday.

• ℹ️
Reactions: EnrichWave

camscott68

Trader
Apr 22, 2023
hello how do I set the scheduler if I want to switch off during news. so say I run the scheduler 24/7 then for example on wednesday at 1pm to 3pm I want to turn the scheduler off at 1pm & back on at 3pm. I know to run 24/7 we set each day as 00:00-00:00 but hiow do I set this off for thise 2 hrs ? cheers

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello how do I set the scheduler if I want to switch off during news. so say I run the scheduler 24/7 then for example on wednesday at 1pm to 3pm I want to turn the scheduler off at 1pm & back on at 3pm. I know to run 24/7 we set each day as 00:00-00:00 but hiow do I set this off for thise 2 hrs ? cheers
You put this in Wednesday: 00:00-13:00,15:00-00:00