kryptoman

Aug 10, 2023
Unfortunately, no. Together they will keep autotrading always off because for each separate instance, the periods allowed by other instances will be periods when autotrading shouldn't be allowed.

I am currently considering some solutions to this, but I don't have a definite fix yet.
OK i guess the only solution currently i see is to open 4 or 5 MT4 instances and have on each different times in there to implement this...

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.02 of the AutoTrading Scheduler has been just released. It adds the following two changes:
  • Added an option to load the schedule via a text file (ScheduleFile). (@kryptoman)
  • Added a way to make the Scheduler to wait until there are no open positions (WaitForNoPositions) or pending orders (WaitForNoOrders) before switching AutoTrading off. (@fix)

jiggadoit

Trader
Dec 17, 2023
so if i want it to be 24/7 monday - thursday , i just input 00:00-00:00 for those days?
Also if i dont click the box" Attempt to close all trades before disabling autotrading" does that mean itll turn off autotrading once the current trades are closed...even if it goes over time?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
so if i want it to be 24/7 monday - thursday , i just input 00:00-00:00 for those days?
That wouldn't be 24/7, but that would be 24h during those 4 days, yes.

Also if i dont click the box" Attempt to close all trades before disabling autotrading" does that mean itll turn off autotrading once the current trades are closed...even if it goes over time?
No, it will just disable autotrading. It won't try to close any trades. It won't even check if there are any trades.

If you want the Scheduler to disable autotrading only when no open trades are left (they are either closed manually, or by SL/TP, or with some other EA), then you need to set the WaitForNoPositions (and WaitForNoOrders if you want no pending orders as well) input parameters to true. Make sure the 'Always enforce schedule' checkbox is ticked because otherwise, the Scheduler won't switch autotrading off for the period if there are open trades at switching time.

jiggadoit

Trader
Dec 17, 2023
That wouldn't be 24/7, but that would be 24h during those 4 days, yes.

No, it will just disable autotrading. It won't try to close any trades. It won't even check if there are any trades.

If you want the Scheduler to disable autotrading only when no open trades are left (they are either closed manually, or by SL/TP, or with some other EA), then you need to set the WaitForNoPositions (and WaitForNoOrders if you want no pending orders as well) input parameters to true. Make sure the 'Always enforce schedule' checkbox is ticked because otherwise, the Scheduler won't switch autotrading off for the period if there are open trades at switching time.
Thanks for the promt reply. I have followed the instructions. Ive set those above options to "true" and also ticked "always enforce schedule". Now it should only turn autotrading off once all trades are closed

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for the promt reply. I have followed the instructions. Ive set those above options to "true" and also ticked "always enforce schedule". Now it should only turn autotrading off once all trades are closed
Yes, it should work like that now. I recommend testing that on a demo account first to see that everything works as you expect it to work.

jiggadoit

Trader
Dec 17, 2023
Yes, it should work like that now. I recommend testing that on a demo account first to see that everything works as you expect it to work.
Hi,

I found that if I manually close all my trades it will turn the auto trading off as above, but I’m running another EA that takes and closes trades. But when my EA closes all trades it still won’t turn off auto trading, only when I manually close them..

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

I found that if I manually close all my trades it will turn the auto trading off as above, but I’m running another EA that takes and closes trades. But when my EA closes all trades it still won’t turn off auto trading, only when I manually close them..
Are you sure it doesn't turn it off? The icon doesn't change from green to red until you move your mouse in MetaTrader.

jiggadoit

Trader
Dec 17, 2023
Are you sure it doesn't turn it off? The icon doesn't change from green to red until you move your mouse in MetaTrader.
yeah i saw it open another trade after the time set. So i manually closed the last one and then it turned off.... This is my settings

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 2.54.43 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 2.54.43 pm.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 2

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
yeah i saw it open another trade after the time set. So i manually closed the last one and then it turned off.... This is my settings
Perhaps, the EA closed and opened the trade with delay? The scheduler won't have time to react and disable autotrading if the EA send a close order and then immediately an open order.

eruleht

Trader
Dec 30, 2023
Thank you for sharing. I have been using it for a few days and it works great.
But I just want to stop EA trading 2-3 hours before and after the market close on weekdays, and close all on Fridays. So can the closed
trading checkbox be moved to every weekday?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for sharing. I have been using it for a few days and it works great.
But I just want to stop EA trading 2-3 hours before and after the market close on weekdays, and close all on Fridays. So can the closed
trading checkbox be moved to every weekday?
Please consider using the AutoTrading Scheduler for setting the allowed periods (without position closing) and use the Account Protector with a timer to close all trades on Friday.

eruleht

Trader
Dec 30, 2023
Please consider using the AutoTrading Scheduler for setting the allowed periods (without position closing) and use the Account Protector with a timer to close all trades on Friday.
Thanks for your advice,i'll try that.

SebastianVS

Trader
Jan 5, 2024
Hello everyone

Thank you very much for providing this EA. It has been exactly what I've been searching for.

I do have problems trying to run it.

Currently I have installed in in mt4 but when I try to put in time paramters to start and stop the input dissapears after about 5 seconds. I also am not able to change the 'local time' to 'server time'.

Do you guys have suggestions to fix this?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello everyone

Thank you very much for providing this EA. It has been exactly what I've been searching for.

I do have problems trying to run it.

Currently I have installed in in mt4 but when I try to put in time paramters to start and stop the input dissapears after about 5 seconds. I also am not able to change the 'local time' to 'server time'.

Do you guys have suggestions to fix this?
Is there any output in the Experts tab when you attach the EA to the chart or when you are trying to switch time type or set a schedule?

SebastianVS

Trader
Jan 5, 2024
Is there any output in the Experts tab when you attach the EA to the chart or when you are trying to switch time type or set a schedule?
Hello Enivid

Thank you for your quick response.
I do see a notification in the 'experts' tab when I place the EA on a chart.
But when I try to apply a schedule such as 'Monday - 09:00-17:00 etc. The changes are not saved and vanish within 5 seconds.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello Enivid

Thank you for your quick response.
I do see a notification in the 'experts' tab when I place the EA on a chart.
But when I try to apply a schedule such as 'Monday - 09:00-17:00 etc. The changes are not saved and vanish within 5 seconds.
So, what does it say there in the Experts tab? Can you show a screenshot please?

SebastianVS

Trader
Jan 5, 2024
So, what does it say there in the Experts tab? Can you show a screenshot please?
Dear Enivid

Thanks for the quick response.
I managed to get the EA working I believe.

After initially not being able to change the parameters and settings I deleted the chart, restarted mt4 and opened a new chart where I reloaded the EA and this time it seems I am able to configure it all 100%. So maybe just an initial minor bug.

The expert tab seems to give a lot of responses this time,

I will try it out next week during the live trading hours. Currently I want to operate it during the Asian session.

Thank you Enivid for your willingness to help and quick responses. I wish you a good weekend. I shall update my results next week

SebastianVS

Trader
Jan 5, 2024
Hello dear all

This EA is a very nice piece of software to accompany any trader. Thank you very much for making and providing it.

I now have been experimenting with it for 2-3 weeks. I am overall very satisfied but I do find that sometimes the 'close all positions before turing Autotrading Off' is not always functioning.

I've designed the schedule to trade at night, so it the settings are like the screenshots I've attached.
But I do find that in the morning some trades opened by another EA op a seperate chart are still open and not closed at the desired time (04:30) (and in negative, generating drawdown).

Does anyone have an idea what I can implement to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance, you guys rock!

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2024-02-01 om 20.44.15.png
    Schermafbeelding 2024-02-01 om 20.44.15.png
    169.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Schermafbeelding 2024-02-01 om 20.43.11.png
    Schermafbeelding 2024-02-01 om 20.43.11.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 3