amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
Hello Enivid.

So, I have been using Amazing Ea with great results, and it is becoming a great trading tool.

But I need your help again, this should be very simple for you.

Do you think you could change the settings so the ea would place trades based on a volume level instead of any hour, so when a specific volume is crossed, the points aways would appear as pending orders.

Thank you

peji

Trader
Aug 14, 2014
Oh and here is the ea to work with

Thanks for sharing latest version
I saw you are working on this EA for long time , I am newly started to use it and still n demo version. could you please write what are the best settings based on your experience ? Is timeframe important ? I am using it with m1 .

Thank you in advance

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
Hello Peji,

The ea works great but is still incomplete. I asked Enivid to add codes to it, so perhaps it would consider volume instead of pipsaway to enter trades. If he would decide to code it it would be more effective.

nuwanda21

Trader
Aug 18, 2014
problems

hi guys,
i have just started to use this ea. to me it looks quite promising. my only concern is that i cannot rely on it. why does it sometimes work, but sometimes it just doesnt, there is no error message in the expert or journal tab. so what could it be ? i am setting the time and everything correctly, but then it wont open the trade when it is time for it. if i wanna start trading with 1 or 2 lots i need to be able rely on this ea, what can i do ?
could it be related to the spread ? i am using 5 pips difference. or does it have to do with some kind of magic number problems ?

thanks in advance

UPDATE
i have tried to raise the spread, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. i cant seem to figure out what could be causing this.
The strange part is that the amazing_ea_News_trader which has been posted earlier does work, but it has been coded wrongly, as it tries to open a sell and a buy limit which results in opening just a sell order. I would try to fix that but the source code is not accessible :(
when i compile the EA there are 0 errors but abou 19 warnings. could that be a reason ? Any help or suggestion would help. thanks

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
So, it does not place pending orders before the news? Or does it place them and then deletes them? Could you please check the order history?

What version exactly do you use and what are your input parameters' values?

nuwanda21

Trader
Aug 18, 2014
problems

hi enivid,
currently i am using your amazing ea everyday anyhour which you posted.
the EA doesnt open the orders at all. i have tried to change the settings, but nothing worked. now i am using the older version, which is just called amazing ea. that one does work for me. only problem with that one is that you cannot change the amount of pips above and below the current price where the orders will be placed. i tried to use 10 pips with your EA as well, but that didnt help either.
for the settings, to check whether it works or not, i usually just enter the date and leave everything else as default, to check whether it will open trades about 2 minutes later or not. well usually nothing happens.

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
Hello Enivid, thank you for considering coding an update to AmazingEA_EveryDay_AnyHour.mq4. This will worth your time.

So the change I want to to make is related to the "pipsaway function" to place pending orders.

The way this new function would work is for the EA to place pending orders based on a specific volume number which could be set by the user. Once the volume number is set, the ea will look for that number, if that number is reached, the ea will place pending orders as "pipsaway"

Example: Let's say we are looking for volumes of 2000 on the eur/usd, on 20 pips "pipsaway", if the volume is hit, then the ea will place pending orders as 20 "pipsaway" from that particular number...so we are no longer looking at price changes but volume changes.

Thank you Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello Enivid, thank you for considering coding an update to AmazingEA_EveryDay_AnyHour.mq4. This will worth your time.

So the change I want to to make is related to the "pipsaway function" to place pending orders.

The way this new function would work is for the EA to place pending orders based on a specific volume number which could be set by the user. Once the volume number is set, the ea will look for that number, if that number is reached, the ea will place pending orders as "pipsaway"

Example: Let's say we are looking for volumes of 2000 on the eur/usd, on 20 pips "pipsaway", if the volume is hit, then the ea will place pending orders as 20 "pipsaway" from that particular number...so we are no longer looking at price changes but volume changes.

Thank you Enivid
Sorry, but if by "volume" you mean tick volume, I am not going to implement that change. I do not believe that tick volume has anything to do with real volume in Forex and I am not fond of doing something that I do not believe in.

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
Sorry, but if by "volume" you mean tick volume, I am not going to implement that change. I do not believe that tick volume has anything to do with real volume in Forex and I am not fond of doing something that I do not believe in.

Enivid, I agree with you, tick volume does not resemble real volume. However, for whatever odd reason, if the tick volume reaches a certain number, the market will move exponentially in one direction, or another in several occasions which would be trade-able. I know this sounds crazy, but so is the market. I have been following volume/price movement for some time now and I came to the conclusion that most people don't take take tick volume seriously and perhaps that's why 90% of traders lose their money.

I will attach some examples for you to reconsider coding it.

Attachments

• volume ea.png
    volume ea.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 32

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It would take a lot more than one image showing some tick volume correlation with trend reversal to change my mind :).

That does not mean that I won't help you. If you really believe in your system, you can try changing the code yourself, I will gladly advise you on it.

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
On second thought, I looked more into it. By the time the Volume indicates movement, the trend could be over, reverse or create false entry positions. So I will let you know if I have other ideas, but for now, I will try to see what works most of the time.

Thank you.

Last edited: