klavermight

Trader
Apr 4, 2012
please i have downloaded this ea sometime ago but it have stopped working...is there a way I can get it back on track or can i get any other ea that trails the price to the set news time....any help is highly welcome

denn112

Trader
Nov 11, 2012
Amazing EA MT5

hello all, I am having problem with this Amazing EA MT5 version.
I believe its a minor problem, but i cannot solve it because am not a programmer.

The problem is this.

i backtested a couple of news releases, the results where good. I backtested on the 5min time frame I speed up the strategy tester visualisation screen and slowed down visualisation to see what is happening at the news.

Based on user inputsThe EA activates trailing stops on buy positions and also moves breakeven to +1,

but it does not activate trailing stops on sell positions and also does not move break even to +1, I have been trying to correct this.

I have not used this EA live because if trailing stop & breakeven cannot be activated on sell positions then there is a high chace losses.

Please Help, email me for any solution, has anyone else noticed this or am I the first user to notice this?

Last edited:

denn112

Trader
Nov 11, 2012
Amazing EA MT5

hello ea master I have attached the Amazing EA with this reply.

Attachments

• Amazing.mq5
    25.8 KB · Views: 37

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello all, I am having problem with this Amazing EA MT5 version.
I believe its a minor problem, but i cannot solve it because am not a programmer.

The problem is this.

i backtested a couple of news releases, the results where good. I backtested on the 5min time frame I speed up the strategy tester visualisation screen and slowed down visualisation to see what is happening at the news.

Based on user inputsThe EA activates trailing stops on buy positions and also moves breakeven to +1,

but it does not activate trailing stops on sell positions and also does not move break even to +1, I have been trying to correct this.

I have not used this EA live because if trailing stop & breakeven cannot be activated on sell positions then there is a high chace losses.

Please Help, email me for any solution, has anyone else noticed this or am I the first user to notice this?
I am trying to fix this problem, but I need more information:
What input parameters do you use it with? You can save them to file and simply attach here to make the things easier. And what currency pair did you use?

denn112

Trader
Nov 11, 2012
I used the AUD/USD, newsday 2, news hour 7,news min 30, look below for complete input. I used a very large TP, to make sure the BEpips & TS kicks in.

TP=60
BEPips=2
TrailingStop=3
NDay=2
NHour=7
NMin=30
CTCBN=1
SecBPO=10
SecBMO=10
STWAN=360
OCO=false
MM=false
RiskPercent=3
Lots=0.09
Slippage=0
TradeLog=AmazingLog
OrderComment=AmazingEA

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
Amazing EA needs help

hey guys,

I have a really good news trading expert adviser that I would like to modify to make it even better.

This EA is called Amazing EA and I will share it here in this forum. The other indicator I have is called Better Volume 1.5 with Alerts and color.

What I would like to do is modify my existing Amazing ea to add a new feature to it when it comes to closing out positions. I would like this new feature to come from a signal alert which could be found in the Better Volume indicator (see attachments).

As, of right now, the better volume 1.5 has many colors that signal if there is a possible change in trend. what I would like to ask you to do, is combine the signal options from the Better Volume TO the Amazing EA, so I could set the "TP" (take profit) option within the Amazing EA to be closing out positions if two conditions met: one of the colors signal an alert AND the next candle closes out LOWER then the previous! There should be an option on the TP to be as it is right now OR if a color signal alerts and the next candle is lower than the previous to close out the position, and if not than just wait for the TP to get hit.

Attachments

• AmazingEA-1[1].1.8.NEW.mq4
    21.8 KB · Views: 93
  • BetterVolume 1.5 new with Alerts and Color Ingoring.mq4
    8 KB · Views: 88
  • amazing News EA Instructions.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image one.jpg
    image one.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 105

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I used the AUD/USD, newsday 2, news hour 7,news min 30, look below for complete input. I used a very large TP, to make sure the BEpips & TS kicks in.

TP=60
BEPips=2
TrailingStop=3
NDay=2
NHour=7
NMin=30
CTCBN=1
SecBPO=10
SecBMO=10
STWAN=360
OCO=false
MM=false
RiskPercent=3
Lots=0.09
Slippage=0
TradeLog=AmazingLog
OrderComment=AmazingEA
Try downloading the new version (1.2). I've tried to fix those issues. You should also be aware that with such low values of BE and TS, you get two obstacles for them to kick in with a sell order:

1. The resulting SL should be far enough from the current Ask price (depends on currency pair and broker).

2. What you see on chart is a Bid price, while the sell position uses Ask as reference for its BE and TS. So you might see a price going down on a chart to a an expected BE-setting level, but since the Ask is slightly above, it doesn't set it.

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
hey Enivid,

Please let me know if you are interested in helping me to combine Amazing EA and Better volume, as I posted earlier,

thank you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hey Enivid,

Please let me know if you are interested in helping me to combine Amazing EA and Better volume, as I posted earlier,

thank you.
Sorry but it is not a trivial task. And both the indicator and the EA were not coded by me, so I doubt that I will be able to help here.

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
I have no doubt that you can do it. And once completed, this ea will be a literal gold mine, since the profit potentials are enormous. Are you sure you can't?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
OK, I've modified the EA exactly as described in your attached image. Set UseBetterVolumeForExit to true for the new TP to work. Try it.

It currently uses the BV's default input parameters. If you want to be able to modify them, you'll have to substitute them in EA's code with new input variables.

Attachments

• AmazingEA-1[1].1.8.NEW_BVTP.mq4
    23.2 KB · Views: 96

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
// Lower-close bar?
if (Close[1] < Close[2])
{
// LightSeaGreen Histogram Bar Appeared before that lower-close bar?
if (iCustom(NULL, 0, "BetterVolume 1.5 new with Alerts and Color Ingoring", 0, "0 means Display all bars", 14, 20, 4, 4, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, false, 0, 2) > 0)
{
ClosePrev();

How do I set the "usebettervolumeforexit" to LightSeeGreen so if the next bar is lower/higher than the light see green signal than the trade will close?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I don't understand your question. You cannot set UseBetterVolumeForExit parameter to LightSeaGreen, it just doesn't make sense as UseBetterVolumeForExit can be either true or false.

And how can a bar be lower or higher than LightSeaGreen line (MA of volume)? They cannot be compared as the former is the price and the latter is volume.

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
"it just doesn't make sense as UseBetterVolumeForExit can be either true or false."

What I meant was that the Better volume indicator has many signals (colors) that I just need one to signal (the LightSeeGreen). All the other colors are insignificant. What I meant before was that perhaps you can set the UseBetterVolumeForExit parameters within the AmazingEA-1[1].1.8.NEW_BVTP.mq4 to only be relative to the signal (color) of the LightSeeGreen.

ps: it doesn't make any sense for the EA to close out positions upon all the other colors since they are false signals and no money will be made if the EA relies on all of them..(except the LightSeeGreen which is the one we need only)

"And how can a bar be lower or higher than LightSeaGreen line (MA of volume)? They cannot be compared as the former is the price and the latter is volume."

What I meant by that is that if you look the picture that I attached earlier, than you will see that the LightSeeGreen signal gets activated relative to parameters in price movement. If you will look into the Better volume indicator, you will see exactly which parameters activate the LightSeeGreen to signal relative to price movement. So, YES it is ultimately price but form certain conditions/parameters from the LightSeeGreen signal. If you can identify which parameters activate the LightSeeGreen, that all you need to do is add the "next candle feature" which needs to be closed lower or higher (compared to the previous bar's trend).

ps; I hope I explained it right so you can understand it, but please feel free to ask any questions and I really want this to work so we could all benefit from this Amazing EA.

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
"What I meant by that is that if you look the picture that I attached earlier, than you will see that the LightSeeGreen signal gets activated relative to parameters in price movement."----> or volume

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It already reacts only on LightSeaGreen color. But I mean LightSeaGreen color of the histogram bar, not the LightSeaGreen of the volume MA line.

It waits for price bar with lower close and then looks if the previous BV histogram bar is of the LightSeaGreen color. If it is, it closes the position.