How do you usually exeute trades calculated by Position Size Calculator?

• Manually

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • PSC-Trader script with a mouse click

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • PSC-Trader with a keyboard shortcut

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • Using third-party trading panel

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please provide details)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
hello sir/mam,
my self Jignesh from India.
I have download and install position size calculator MT4 ver. 2.42 as per your video of installation.
but when I place the any type of order than "ENTERY LINE NOT FOUND" error occurs.
so please help me how it solve.
I cant place any type of order.
please help me for this problem.
thank you.
Please see the solution from @EnrichWave above.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Dear @Enivid ,
Could you please make option to save and not save the entered parameters in the indicator.
If not to save the parameter enabled. It should always keep the value that we enter in the Input window even we change the currency..
At current, if I have set Default risk 1% in Input window and I changed to 2% in loaded indicator window on EURUSD and changed to GBPUSD It shows 1% risk. But when I changed to EURUSD It shows 2% which I already entered. But I always want it to be 1% even If I changed the pair and come back again.

Kind Regards

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Dear @Enivid ,
Could you please make option to save and not save the entered parameters in the indicator.
If not to save the parameter enabled. It should always keep the value that we enter in the Input window even we change the currency..
At current, if I have set Default risk 1% in Input window and I changed to 2% in loaded indicator window on EURUSD and changed to GBPUSD It shows 1% risk. But when I changed to EURUSD It shows 2% which I already entered. But I always want it to be 1% even If I changed the pair and come back again.

Kind Regards
I can try implementing that, but I think that if such an option is made and then enabled, the result will that the panel won't be saved even when you just switch timeframes or restart the platform.

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
I can try implementing that, but I think that if such an option is made and then enabled, the result will that the panel won't be saved even when you just switch timeframes or restart the platform.
Yes. Thats right. It always can have the value that we set it in Input window.
One suggession. May be You can make option that can be enabled only for "Risk %, Risk USD, Position size".,

nogamenolife

Trader
Jul 11, 2022
Hello, I want to inform about a possible error in this indicator, after testing the version available for Metatrader 5.

It appears only in "Long" trades, and in Instant Execution orders. It happens that the "Entry" label is not overlapping with the BID price label/line and there is a significant difference between the two prices (a few pips). Therefore, when the entry is executed, a price different from the market price is made. Interestingly, when you try to execute a market entry on "Short", the "Entry" label overlaps perfectly with the BID line of the price. That is, this error only occurs with long entrys and instant execution. I would like to know if there is any way to fix it.

Screenshot (In black Entry label of Position Size Calculator, and below the Bid line)
problema orden instantanea long.png

Screenshot 2 (In Short positions, the tickets overlap into one and the entry price is displayed correctly with the Bid line)
short.png

I take this opportunity to tell that the software seems very complete and very useful.
Thanks

Last edited:

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
Hello, I want to inform about a possible error in this indicator, after testing the version available for Metatrader 5.

It appears only in "Long" trades, and in Instant Execution orders. It happens that the "Entry" label is not overlapping with the BID price label/line and there is a significant difference between the two prices (a few pips). Therefore, when the entry is executed, a price different from the market price is made. Interestingly, when you try to execute a market entry on "Short", the "Entry" label overlaps perfectly with the BID line of the price. That is, this error only occurs with long entrys and instant execution. I would like to know if there is any way to fix it.

Screenshot (In black Entry label of Position Size Calculator, and below the Bid line)
View attachment 22039

Screenshot 2 (In Short positions, the tickets overlap into one and the entry price is displayed correctly with the Bid line)
View attachment 22040

I take this opportunity to tell that the software seems very complete and very useful.
Thanks
You have to check the price in Market Watch window.. Not in Chart Window... Because Brokers makes the price difference by modifying the spreads.
You can check the BID/ASK price difference between chart and Market watch without loading the indicator.

Last edited:

nogamenolife

Trader
Jul 11, 2022
You have to check the price in Market Watch window.. Not in Chart Window... Because Brokers makes the price difference by modifying the spreads.
You can check the BID/ASK price difference between chart and Market watch without loading the indicator.
I am not using any broker, just a demo account. But the question is, why does the spread occur only on the long and not on the short? Following this reasoning, it should happen in both

EnrichWave

Master Trader
May 15, 2018
India
I am not using any broker, just a demo account. But the question is, why does the spread occur only on the long and not on the short? Following this reasoning, it should happen in both
Read my previous answer. Had you checked with your Market watch price and chart price?. The broker makes difference in ask price. So. When you try to go long you may see the price difference. But when you go short you can't see any difference.
And you were mentioning this is Indicator error which is not correct. I hope you just involved started trading

PS: Open order window and see the BID-ASK price difference in chart and order widow so you will understand.

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

View attachment 22039

View attachment 22040

Thanks
Long entry is at Ask. Short entry is at Bid.

cbramall81

Jul 11, 2022
I'm using the calculator on an FTMO account when i go to execute a trade i get an error message, I've used it with other brokers and had no problems I spoke to FTMO support they said I'm allowed to use EA's so talk to the provider, please see screen shot attached, look fwd to your response, (Algo trading is on)

Attachments

• trade disabled SS.JPG
    trade disabled SS.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I'm using the calculator on an FTMO account when i go to execute a trade i get an error message, I've used it with other brokers and had no problems I spoke to FTMO support they said I'm allowed to use EA's so talk to the provider, please see screen shot attached, look fwd to your response, (Algo trading is on)
Do you have autotrading enabled in the platform? Also, make sure that you are supposed to trade that symbol (EURUSD) - perhaps, you are supposed to trade some other symbol (with a prefix/suffix).

Vitoraposo

Jul 12, 2022
Hi everyone!
I installed the Position Size Calculator on my MacBook MT5 Platform and the issues I found are:
1- I can't change the trading lines colours in the settings. It simply doesn't allow me to do it.
2- The PSC-Trader script short keys doesn't work as well. I need to have the Navigator window always open to place pending orders, I don't like the space it takes from the screen!
Does anybody knows how to fix it?
I would appreciate a lot some kind of help.
Best Regards,
Happy Trading!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi everyone!
I installed the Position Size Calculator on my MacBook MT5 Platform and the issues I found are:
1- I can't change the trading lines colours in the settings. It simply doesn't allow me to do it.
2- The PSC-Trader script short keys doesn't work as well. I need to have the Navigator window always open to place pending orders, I don't like the space it takes from the screen!
Does anybody knows how to fix it?
I would appreciate a lot some kind of help.
Best Regards,
Happy Trading!
1. Does the color palette selection simply not appear when you try to change it in the input parameters or does it appear and you are able to select another color but the lines do not change?
2. This likely has something to do with it being run on macOS. Unfortunately, the script's code has nothing to do with how the hotkey is set or triggered. It's the problem of the platform interacting with the operating system. Perhaps, someone else who is running PSC on macOS will be able to tell you if they managed to use hotkeys there...

Vitoraposo

Jul 12, 2022
1. Does the color palette selection simply not appear when you try to change it in the input parameters or does it appear and you are able to select another color but the lines do not change?
2. This likely has something to do with it being run on macOS. Unfortunately, the script's code has nothing to do with how the hotkey is set or triggered. It's the problem of the platform interacting with the operating system. Perhaps, someone else who is running PSC on macOS will be able to tell you if they managed to use hotkeys there...
1. Yes, the color palette simply doesn't appear when I click over the colour. I even tried to change the colours in the MetaEditor, compiled, but still not works. Maybe, as you say, it's simply because of running on macOS, and there's nothing to do about it.

Thanks for your help!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1. Yes, the color palette simply doesn't appear when I click over the colour. I even tried to change the colours in the MetaEditor, compiled, but still not works. Maybe, as you say, it's simply because of running on macOS, and there's nothing to do about it.
The color palette not appearing is the MT4-on-macOS issue. However, you should still be able to change the colors via MetaEditor in the .mq4 file. Make sure you re-attach the indicator after changing the colors. Also, be wary of what you change - e.g., sl_label_font_color is for the text labels, not lines, while stoploss_line_color is for the line itself.

Vitoraposo

Jul 12, 2022
The color palette not appearing is the MT4-on-macOS issue. However, you should still be able to change the colors via MetaEditor in the .mq4 file. Make sure you re-attach the indicator after changing the colors. Also, be wary of what you change - e.g., sl_label_font_color is for the text labels, not lines, while stoploss_line_color is for the line itself.
In fact, after re-attach the indicator now I have the colors I want to. That was my error.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

cpoolrn

Trader
Apr 30, 2021
Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer and reinstalled Position Size Calculator v2.42. After entering all the inputs, I can't get the "Stop-loss:" button to work in the main panel. This use to move the SL line to a specified number of pips below/above the entry line. The Take-profit button works appropriately and moves the TP line below/above the entry line when activated, but the SL button doesn't do anything. Any suggestions? I've tried re-compiling it, and still doesn't work. Here are the settings:

1657998753668.png
1657998777487.png
1657998897329.png

Chris

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer and reinstalled Position Size Calculator v2.42. After entering all the inputs, I can't get the "Stop-loss:" button to work in the main panel. This use to move the SL line to a specified number of pips below/above the entry line. The Take-profit button works appropriately and moves the TP line below/above the entry line when activated, but the SL button doesn't do anything. Any suggestions? I've tried re-compiling it, and still doesn't work. Here are the settings:

View attachment 22073
View attachment 22074
View attachment 22075

Chris
You need to set some default SL value for the button to appear.

José321

Jul 17, 2022
Hello !

I'm having trouble installing the position size calculator on MT4. ive downloaded it but then MT4 will not let me copy the download into its folders, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.