Why trade in demo not feel any risk??

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
I would feel the risk for example anyway. Cause imagine if you are loosing with demo acount sometime than what can be that with real money ? Do you see my point here ? So yes emotions are still here presented with all that, just not that much maybe.

The issue I see is that when you lose on demo, is the majority of people will have the attitude of Oh well its not actually my money.
I don't doubt people will try and want to win on demo, but there is no money on the line.
The other issue i see is having less fear, being less cautious when entering trades, which will change when using a live account.
Mindset and emotion are major factors in trading successfully.

DT77

Active Trader
Feb 24, 2019
Using a cent account is only slightly more stressful than demo as the money at risk doesn't amount to much. But you have to start somewhere so a natural progression from demo to tiniest lots and work your way up slowly is the way to go. The money you risk should not be stressing you out anyway, if it is then you are risking too much and then you'll start emotional trading and then you'll lose everything :)

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
Using a cent account is only slightly more stressful than demo as the money at risk doesn't amount to much. But you have to start somewhere so a natural progression from demo to tiniest lots and work your way up slowly is the way to go. The money you risk should not be stressing you out anyway, if it is then you are risking too much and then you'll start emotional trading and then you'll lose everything :)

Yes very good point!
Obviously no one wants to lose money lol but if you are emotionally attached to it and the outcome, its a recipe for disaster.
When i place a trade now, i consider the 2% lost, so there is no attachment to the outcome.

• 👍
Reactions: Dora_WalletInvestor

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
I would feel the risk for example anyway. Cause imagine if you are loosing with demo acount sometime than what can be that with real money ? Do you see my point here ? So yes emotions are still here presented with all that, just not that much maybe.

Basically, we can’t remove our emotions since, it’s a human nature but what we can do; learning the tactics on controlling the emotions & greed.

Oswald

Trader
Apr 12, 2019
I also think that the best way to start Forex trading is with cent or mini account, until you get familiar with real surroundings. When you get enough confidence in your trading skill and strategy, you can anytime switch to other accounts with higher initial investment

Most of the trader who learn to trade in demo account will never feel any risk.
How come??
And what is the effect of this?

This is dumb, there is no cash risked or real trading losses , how can you feel any risk , if there is no risk.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
I also think that the best way to start Forex trading is with cent or mini account, until you get familiar with real surroundings. When you get enough confidence in your trading skill and strategy, you can anytime switch to other accounts with higher initial investment
Basically, which traders are unable to concentrate in demo; they can go for cent type live account but till now demo is the 1st choice.

• 👍
Reactions: Anthony Lazarus
May 11, 2018
Basically, which traders are unable to concentrate in demo; they can go for cent type live account but till now demo is the 1st choice.
I agree, I'm more biased on live than demo for beginners, but still demo is important for those who have no knowledge of how the forex world is or testing some strategy. But should switch to cent account soon enough and not sleep in demo for long which is unhealthy.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
I agree, I'm more biased on live than demo for beginners, but still demo is important for those who have no knowledge of how the forex world is or testing some strategy. But should switch to cent account soon enough and not sleep in demo for long which is unhealthy.

Oh; now I got it! Really, it’s a smart option, I mean before the live account cent or micro type account.

mandy828

Jul 9, 2019
It is because when one uses demo account your real money is not involved one can trade with virtual money. Traders aren’t worried as it is not a real account so it depends upon the mindset. There is a huge difference between demo trading and live trading as things don’t go similar in these two account. However it is good to take minimum risks too in demo account.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
It is because when one uses demo account your real money is not involved one can trade with virtual money. Traders aren’t worried as it is not a real account so it depends upon the mindset. There is a huge difference between demo trading and live trading as things don’t go similar in these two account. However it is good to take minimum risks too in demo account.

Basically, it depends on trader’s mentality! You can take casually or seriously your demo! But as I see, a number of new traders take demo as casually!

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Demo account puts novice traders in a real life environment without putting their real money at risk which allows them to make common beginner's errors while they earn without paying for the consequences from their own pockets.

The beauty of demo trading is - the environment of trading! It’s almost same as like the real account; so new traders should grab this opportunities of learning!

james_5

Oct 19, 2019
Yeah right/ the only difference is that you don’t feel pressurized or risky because your real funds are not invested in a demo account.

K_Robdog

Trader
Nov 2, 2019
Demo accounts are good for learning the functions and features of a platform, getting used to the basics like how to place a trade etc, but after that you need to start out with a micro lot account and trade with real money (start with a small balance). Only then will you start to learn emotion control and get real feel for it.

Baazex

Trader
Oct 28, 2019
yes, because in demo account you are not trading with real money and you cannot feel the loss risk much in demo account.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
I'm finding this thread very useful. I knew you don't feel as much emotion with a demo account, but I never really considered how shifting to a real account would mess with the strategies and attitudes you developed during demo trading. However, is a cent account really that much better, if the idea is putting in only as much money as you're really willing to risk?

Zeenat shein

Banned
Apr 11, 2020
Because it is made like that way where a newbie can practice and understand how the market runs in a lower risk or risk-free environment.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
It's hard to feel risk when the money aren't real. Once people move onto a live account they feel the risk alright.

Hi3rophante

Trader
Dec 7, 2020
France
francetrading.net
We don't have to "feel" risk. Feelings in trading is BIG BS. All you need to look at, is your performance chart ; and to do this, you don't have to put money in the line ; people who are saying that with "demo we don't feel the risk" are simply saying that they are not enough disciplined and patience to follow a trading plan even if there is no money in the line.

In my opinion, as long as you can't produce a positive track record on demo for at least 6months straight, you are not a profitable trader and there is no point to put money because you will lose, it is simple mathematic ; if some one is starting to talk about "feelings" in trading, you can turn back and immediatly don't listen to this guy, because he has understood NOTHING about trading. And if I hurt your feelings by saying that, you are not mentally ready for trading, work on your mindset first.

We are here to earn money with our mathematically profitable solid systems, not to "have feelings". What a big BS this story of "risk feeling" LOL