Sizqa

May 29, 2020
Hi, is there a way to let the indicator show the total open risk on a certain currency. Like if I have two trades open, one on USDJPY for 1% short and one on GBPJPY 1% short, the total risk open on JPY would be 2% short....

• 👍
Reactions: harriethayes

Sizqa

May 29, 2020
Actually, that's what it does. It should show the total 2% risk in that case.
But it gives the total risk of the whole portfolio. Not per currency. So I see 2% risk, but not on which currency. Because in my example I have 2% risk on the JPY short, but in the same time I have 1% risk long on the GBP and also 1% long on the USD. Or am I missing something here?

And what if I hedge a 2% trade for the JPY long. Is my risk than back to 0%? In that case this is not working for me because I want to know my overall risk and I'm not interested in taking more and more positions because they hedge eachother. Just want to risk a certain amount per currency long and/or short. Does that make sense? :p

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
No, it doesn't work on per currency basis, it works on per currency pair basis. In your example, you should see 1% risk for USD/JPY and 1% risk for GBP/JPY. This isn't something I am planning to change anytime soon because the code is already overly complex. However, you are free to make suggestions on how this potentially could be implemented.

• 👍
Reactions: Sizqa

Sizqa

May 29, 2020
Wait...I give a better example for what I'm looking for. I would like to have an overview like this:
Example trades open are: USDJPY long at 1%, GBPJPY long at 1%, CADJPY short at 2%.

Overview:
JPY long 2%
JPY short 2%
GBP long 1%
USD long 1%
CAD short 1%

Sizqa

May 29, 2020
No, it doesn't work on per currency basis, it works on per currency pair basis. In your example, you should see 1% risk for USD/JPY and 1% risk for GBP/JPY. This isn't something I am planning to change anytime soon because the code is already overly complex. However, you are free to make suggestions on how this potentially could be implemented.
Ok thanks! I will work around it.. ;)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Wait...I give a better example for what I'm looking for. I would like to have an overview like this:
Example trades open are: USDJPY long at 1%, GBPJPY long at 1%, CADJPY short at 2%.

Overview:
JPY long 2%
JPY short 2%
GBP long 1%
USD long 1%
CAD short 1%
I see... But how correct (or useful) would such representation be? After all, it implies that you are risking 7%, which of course isn't the case. BTW, shouldn't it be CAD short 2%?

Sizqa

May 29, 2020
I see... But how correct (or useful) would such representation be? After all, it implies that you are risking 7%, which of course isn't the case. BTW, shouldn't it be CAD short 2%?
Ow yes...would be cad 2%.

For my personal risk management I have max risk per currency. So the total amount of risk doesn't matter.

kizac72

Active Trader
May 7, 2014
hi, many thanks for all your hard work!

Is it possbile to separate the data presented into risk for active and pending orders. So that I can see what is the total risk for orders already triggered and orders pending ( limit orders?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it possbile to separate the data presented into risk for active and pending orders. So that I can see what is the total risk for orders already triggered and orders pending ( limit orders?
In theory, it could be coded like that - first, calculate potential risk for the open trades, then calculate potential risk for all pending orders like if there are no open trades. But what would be the point?

kizac72

Active Trader
May 7, 2014
Hi
In theory, it could be coded like that - first, calculate potential risk for the open trades, then calculate potential risk for all pending orders like if there are no open trades. But what would be the point?

Hi,

What I try to do is , for orders that are triggered and active, I let the market do its thing. But for pending orders, I may enter a limit order , for example, and I may want to adjust the order size along the way, before it is triggered, when I see additional opportunities elsewhere. I do so , {as in constantly adjust my pending positions}, in order to maintain my overall potential risk at a certain level. Right now, I do it manually, which can be time consuming or too slow..I found the Risk Calculator extremely useful. Would appreciate if u can help. Thanks

kizac72

Active Trader
May 7, 2014
Hi,

Many thanks for your great work!! Really appreciate it !! Will download and test it asap.

Thanks!!!!

sandhu1990

Trader
Aug 24, 2020
Hi

I tried installing, however im experiencing errors, maybe im doing something wrong.
Can anyone help?
Ive attacthed a screenshot.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 23.37.00.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 23.37.00.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 5