WRB Hidden Gap

Trader_10

Trader
Dec 13, 2023
I find this indicator very useful and would like to make a request making it better by requesting the creator to add alert for when the gaps are filled. I have attached a labeled image to further explain my request.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 173017.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 173017.png
    42 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

futandxau

Trader
Mar 16, 2024
hi. I think i need change...

When there is a gap between the middle line and the left and right, and the message is sent out when it is satisfied at the same time. and push alert.

Attachments

• 微信图片_20240316143057.png
    微信图片_20240316143057.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 2

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi

I would like to ask for someone to pls explain to me why the "gap" in the blue circle is not a WRB area?

https://snipboard.io/9vZdJl.jpg

Thank you for the help

Kind regards
Do you mean why that bar isn't marked as WRB? By default, the indicator compares the bar to previous 3 bars. It should be wider than each of them to count as a WRB. Depending on the UseWholeBars input parameter's value it compares either the Open-Close or High-Low ranges.

jifesas

Mar 21, 2024
Do you mean why that bar isn't marked as WRB? By default, the indicator compares the bar to previous 3 bars. It should be wider than each of them to count as a WRB. Depending on the UseWholeBars input parameter's value it compares either the Open-Close or High-Low ranges.

I mean why is there no rectangle drawn? Its clearly a "breakaway gap" or a "runaway gap." but probably by definition of WRB not?
Where can I find more in-depth information about the indicator and the theory behind it?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I mean why is there no rectangle drawn? Its clearly a "breakaway gap" or a "runaway gap." but probably by definition of WRB not?
Where can I find more in-depth information about the indicator and the theory behind it?
It isn't marked as a gap because it isn't a WRB. For a gap to be marked by the indicator, the bar has first to be a WRB. There isn't much theory behind this. The gap is either getting filled or serves as a support/resistance when the price enters but is then rejected.

jifesas

Mar 21, 2024
It isn't marked as a gap because it isn't a WRB. For a gap to be marked by the indicator, the bar has first to be a WRB. There isn't much theory behind this. The gap is either getting filled or serves as a support/resistance when the price enters but is then rejected.
Ok clear

Where can I find more in-depth information about WRB and the theory behind it?

Trader_10

Trader
Dec 13, 2023
I find this indicator very useful and would like to make a request making it better by requesting the creator to add alert for when the gaps are filled. I have attached a labeled image to further explain my request.
Thank you for implementing my suggestion in the latest release of the indicator, however I will like to suggest a small correction to the implementation which is to include in the alert message if the message is from a bullish or bearish gap rectangle. Thank you again nd looking forward to this correction soon.