qwepoi123

May 20, 2021
Not sure what you mean exactly, but you can attach other indicators (including ZigZag and VWAP) to the same chart where Market Profile is attached.
Sorry, maybe I didn't express it very clearly.

In addition to days, months, weeks, days, rectangles. Add zigzag to display the market profile like other modes.
Each zigzag can automatically display a market profile.thank you

• 👍
Reactions: Stohanov

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry, maybe I didn't express it very clearly.

In addition to days, months, weeks, days, rectangles. Add zigzag to display the market profile like other modes.
Each zigzag can automatically display a market profile.thank you
No, sorry. The closest thing you have is creating rectangle sessions and moving them according to the ZigZag levels.

pawned

Trader
Jul 1, 2022
I had a question, what does it exactly mean by "single print ray" how is this being calculated ? Im just confused on its purpose/difference from the other listed values.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I had a question, what does it exactly mean by "single print ray" how is this being calculated ? Im just confused on its purpose/difference from the other listed values.
Single Print rays mark the tops and bottoms of the Single Print. The Single Print is the area of the profile where the width is only one TPO (one small rectangle).

benz

Trader
Dec 12, 2022
@emc320 This happens because your indicator calls RemoveObjects() on each new tick. It is best to rewrite that indicator so as to remove objects when this is really needed. However, as a quick workaround to this problem, you can just change the prefix in that indicator from "MPR" to "MPRS" (or something else). It will stop messing with the MarketProfile objects then.
It'S not work.How to fix it?

Eraser

Active Trader
Jul 15, 2018
Hello @Enivid
Many thanks for this great indicator and for your efforts.
I have a strange behavior with it on the MT5. If I make only small moves or I move the cursor around on the chart it begins to disappearing and appearing again. It's flashing and redrawing. I noticed that this happen when SeamlessScrolling is active.
This happens only on the MT5 not on the MT4 and I have tested version 1.19 and 1.20 too - same behavior.
Is there any workaround for this?
Many thanks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello @Enivid
Many thanks for this great indicator and for your efforts.
I have a strange behavior with it on the MT5. If I make only small moves or I move the cursor around on the chart it begins to disappearing and appearing again. It's flashing and redrawing. I noticed that this happen when SeamlessScrolling is active.
This happens only on the MT5 not on the MT4 and I have tested version 1.19 and 1.20 too - same behavior.
Is there any workaround for this?
Many thanks.
Could you please save the input parameters you use into a .set file and attach it here?

Eraser

Active Trader
Jul 15, 2018
I see... Chart scrolling forces profile redrawing. I recommend switching Point Multiplier parameter to 0, to minimize the redrawing time.
Thank you for your feedback.
Yes - I have tested this before. The behavior is the same only slower.
Very strange - It's redrawing just if I only move the cursor at the same place on the chart (without moving the chart).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for your feedback.
Yes - I have tested this before. The behavior is the same only slower.
Very strange - It's redrawing just if I only move the cursor at the same place on the chart (without moving the chart).
Hm... You mean that you don't click left mouse button and it still redraws? That's strange... I will look into this.

Eraser

Active Trader
Jul 15, 2018
Hm... You mean that you don't click left mouse button and it still redraws? That's strange... I will look into this.
Yes without click on any mouse button.
Btw. I have no other indicators attached on the chart. The Market Profile is the only indicator on the chart. On the MT4 everything works fine.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid

slowpork

Trader
Jun 13, 2023
Hello @Enivid ,

First of all, I must say Market Profile is such a wonderful indicator, and thank very much for your time and efforts to make this available for everyone.

Btw, I have a little glitch in my application. When I apply the indicator on a synthetic instrument, which is a flipped dollar index on MT5, the histogram shows in a strange way. Please refer to screenshot. [ To flipp the instrument, I go to symbol/custom/create custom symbol and add a minus sign in the formula in order to create the flipped effect (upside down). ] I wonder if this can be adjust with not too much effort.

Best regards,

mkprofile.PNG