Ichimoku Chikou Cross

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
Thank you for your fast answer!
I think it is better to use an emergency SL for the time between the bars. Is it possible to add this in the code?

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
Hello,

I have a question about the Money Managment of this EA. Do it use the relation between the account currency and the pip currency of the traded pair for the calculation of the lot size?

Have a nice week!

hugo

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Baribal

Trader
May 19, 2014
Some problems with installation

I know simple quastions should be avoided on this forum however I want to ask for help in Ichimoku cross EA setting - up (I am using Build 646 version 4). The problem is that I can see it in MQL4/Experts folder (Ichimoku-Chinkou-Cross.ex4) and simultanoulsly it is invisible in Navigator panel in Experts folder. When I double click it in MQL4/Experts folder MetaQuotes Editor is not getting started. When I open it manually (F4) a file with Ichimoku-Chinkou-Cross is not visible, Therefor I can not compile it. Can you hep me with this?
I am rrally happy to work with this indicator. I have been using Ichimoku for 2 years and EA would be a big help for me. However I will believe in manualy set targets.
Baribal

zer0

Feb 17, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

Devimt

Apr 25, 2016
Hi

Very nice EA with im looking an EA for Chikou cross so that why I'm here

Im looking to your code and have a plan to set other CLose trade. How do I do that istead of using chikou cross against as this curren EA?

Thank you

Hopefully help with hands will make this better EA

Devimt

Apr 25, 2016
hi

Im trying and do you think it work

Close when SMA 1 cross SMA 3, close buy when SMA 1 cross SMA 3 from the top down and reverse

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I think it will impair the EA's performance. Currently, the average length of the winning trade is about 40 bars. If you add such a sensitive close signal as SMA1/SMA3 cross, it will significantly shorten the lifetime of winning trades, decreasing their profitability.

But you are free to try. Please let us know the backtest results.

Devimt

Apr 25, 2016
Because I see some trade was in profit and turn to loss.

If I add it

How would I do?

Could you advise? Which line of code should I add to or something because I tried but I doesnt work

Thank you

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You would have to add quite a lot of lines of code to do that. If you want to do that yourself you would need to do the following:
1. Add a handle for each EMA.
2. At each bar, copy the values of the EMAs.
3. Check if they cross.
4. Close long if it exists and there is a bearish cross.
5. Close short if it exists and there is a bullish cross.

If you do not want to do it yourself, you would need to hire some coder.

• 👍
Reactions: new digital