piranzamate

Trader
Apr 27, 2024
I try in MT5 version on Real Account of FBS that show error

Wrong position modification request: -1283766019 in XRPUSD at SL = 0.56196, TP = 0.0
SO , i checked this ticket order is not 1283766019 I think ea not catch the ticket number on real account
But , EA still work on demo account with out any error

I need to ask you that the ticket number on real account and demo account are different right? or EA problem , thank

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I try in MT5 version on Real Account of FBS that show error

Wrong position modification request: -1283766019 in XRPUSD at SL = 0.56196, TP = 0.0
SO , i checked this ticket order is not 1283766019 I think ea not catch the ticket number on real account
But , EA still work on demo account with out any error

I need to ask you that the ticket number on real account and demo account are different right? or EA problem , thank
Please try the attached version. I think the issue isn't in real vs. demo. It looks like the ticker number is so large it doesn't fit into an normal integer variable, so an unsigned long integer should be used instead. Please let me know whether this fixed the problem, so I could update this for everyone. Thanks!

Attachments

• MQLTA MT5 ATR Trailing Stop.ex5
    62.9 KB · Views: 1

piranzamate

Trader
Apr 27, 2024
Please try the attached version. I think the issue isn't in real vs. demo. It looks like the ticker number is so large it doesn't fit into an normal integer variable, so an unsigned long integer should be used instead. Please let me know whether this fixed the problem, so I could update this for everyone. Thanks!
i had Tried attachment version work on real and demo account with out any error , thank for good tool

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Mahoons

Trader
Aug 6, 2024
Hi,

I downloaded your indicator and loaded it on MT4. When I activated the indicator, I placed a new trade to test it. The ATR Trailer indicator applied to my old positions as well, using the current price with my old trades. It did not account for the fact that the old trades cannot be filled with the new trade's ATR values. Consequently, the indicator set the same stop-loss for the old trades as the new trade I experimented with, unfortunately closing 2 of my old trades and causing a loss of $1464.75. I am not very happy about this. Please be careful. Perhaps I could have prevented it, but I could not apply the indicator only to new trades and did not anticipate this issue since the ATR values are not the same for a new trade today.

Best regards.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com

Mahoons

Trader
Aug 6, 2024
Yes, it is the Expert advisor.....https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-expert-advisors/atr-trailing-stop/

My apologies, not necessary to get nasty!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yes, it is the Expert advisor.....https://www.earnforex.com/metatrader-expert-advisors/atr-trailing-stop/

My apologies, not necessary to get nasty!
If you want to avoid ATR Trailing Stop EA from applying to some of your trades, you can use its filtering options. For the trades on the same symbol, there's a magic number filter and a commentary filter. There's no trade age filter.