Adjustable MA

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Trading indices, for the most part, I would prefer the EA to avoid the Asian session ... Would it be possible to set the trading times ... As a starting point I am thinking of starting 16:30 (New York Open) to 23:00 (Lack of interest sets in) subject to optimisation

Preferably Start Hour - Start Minute - End Hour - End Minute

Talking of optimisation would it be possible to have the Time Frame in inputs

Thank you for your time

Last edited:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
I recommend hiring someone through MQL5.com, Upwork, or a similar website.
Be very careful hiring an MQL5 freelancer ... They like to think of themselves as Developers (name on the tab) BUT, in reality, are only coders looking for a fast buck and not prepared to think outside of the box ... Fine if you know EXACTLY what you want

The same applies to fiverr

Look at this thread I started ... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/457686 ... after being so annoyed with the freelancer I had hired

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
There is no common tab on my version

As I understand it the facility has to be coded into the EA
//----

hey maverick..... it should be there...... even a blank ea should have the about, common and input sections..... no code on our part is required.......

you might try downloading it again......h
//-----

common.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Trading indices, for the most part, I would prefer the EA to avoid the Asian session ... Would it be possible to set the trading times ... As a starting point I am thinking of starting 16:30 (New York Open) to 23:00 (Lack of interest sets in) subject to optimisation

Preferably Start Hour - Start Minute - End Hour - End Minute

Talking of optimisation would it be possible to have the Time Frame in inputs

Thank you for your time
What would happen to the existing trades when the "no-trade" time comes?

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
What would happen to the existing trades when the "no-trade" time comes?
Close all either TP or SL end of EA trading day (23:00) ... Next day EA waits for a cross after the EA start
Start and End need optimising for optimum results ... Market generally (not always) changes direction when the session changes
Asia to Europe ... Europe to London ... London to New York ... New York to Asia
Easier and quicker to optimise with separate Hour and Minute

The option needs to be True / False for those who don't want to use it ... for whatever reason
Post automatically merged:

The direction restricting feature is absent from MT5. It's only present in MT4.
It can be coded in ... have had to ask MQL5 "Developers" to include it

Last edited:

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
//----

hey maverick..... it should be there...... even a blank ea should have the about, common and input sections..... no code on our part is required.......

you might try downloading it again......h
//-----

View attachment 26348
Thanks, hayseed for the input :) ... Enivid set me straight (learn something new every day) ... ONLY there on MT4 platform

Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
What I am thinking at the moment ... split the day into zones (when the market changes direction) ... each zone having its own TP level ... Friday was a once-in-a-month event (NFP) ... Zone 3 TP set at 15 for the rest of the month [all settings subject to optimisation]

Because I trade the US500 (indices) it's Points, not Pips ... I could never get the MQL5 "Developers" to understand there was a difference

For those readers who don't know ... A point in Forex is the last decimal place of the price ... A point in stocks, indices futures, or commodities is one whole number

The MACD is just to emphasise the change points for me (pity it can only be used with EMA) ... Now thinking of having an indicator made based on the MACD but with all the methods in inputs ... possibly line instead of histogram

Zones.png

Last edited:

ghouri911

Trader
Apr 16, 2024
Hello all, anyone tried this bot as hft or fast paced scalping, i will try to optimise it for gold and eurusd trading meanwhile earning rebates from frequent trading, will let u guys know

matter2003

Trader
Apr 16, 2024
The backtest results are strange and it is opening positions WAY WAY after the MA's cross.

This is a screenshot of one of the trades opened on the EURUSD 15M chart.

It opens the trade 21 bars after the MA's ACTUALLY cross, which is a good 5+ hours later. Even so, with my TP at 200 it should have STILL closed the trade in profit, but instead didn't close it until it became a loss. Have tried this with even minimum distance at 1 and still the same thing happens.

using Period 1: 9 EMA and Period 2: 21 EMA. Even if I reverse the periods, the same thing happens.

Something is broken here.

forexma.png

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The backtest results are strange and it is opening positions WAY WAY after the MA's cross.

This is a screenshot of one of the trades opened on the EURUSD 15M chart.

It opens the trade 21 bars after the MA's ACTUALLY cross, which is a good 5+ hours later. Even so, with my TP at 200 it should have STILL closed the trade in profit, but instead didn't close it until it became a loss. Have tried this with even minimum distance at 1 and still the same thing happens.

using Period 1: 9 EMA and Period 2: 21 EMA. Even if I reverse the periods, the same thing happens.

Something is broken here.

forexma.png
The EA was entering later in your backtest due to the MinDiff parameter. You can set to to zero if you want faster entries.

This trade was nowhere near 200 pips of profit for such a TP to trigger. This EA's parameters are in pips (which is explicitly stated on the EA's description page), not in points.

matter2003

Trader
Apr 16, 2024
The EA was entering later in your backtest due to the MinDiff parameter. You can set to to zero if you want faster entries.

This trade was nowhere near 200 pips of profit for such a TP to trigger. This EA's parameters are in pips (which is explicitly stated on the EA's description page), not in points.

Even when I set it at 0, it was still entering trades late.

Ugh...that explains that on the pips/points thing...why would an EA be created in pips when points are so much more granular?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Even when I set it at 0, it was still entering trades late.
That's weird. Perhaps that was 1 bar "late" because it waits for the bars to finish forming before checking for the crossover?
Ugh...that explains that on the pips/points thing...why would an EA be created in pips when points are so much more granular?
I coded it at the time when people generally expected for all parameters to be in pips.