Better Volume Indicator v1.5 with Sound and Email Alert

KyriosChris

Trader
Jul 26, 2017
London
Thanks for your kind words, but you should really thank the author of the Better Volume Indicator - Barry Taylor from Emini-Watch. We just added some features to this indicator.
Hi Enivid,
I just joined this forum while I was searching for the Better Volume Indicator. I have downloaded the Indicator and will use it and if there is any problems I will post. Thank you.

sabpf

Jan 1, 2018
Hi Enivid, thank you very much for modifying and sharing this Better Volume indicator (I've been searching for this indicator for quite some time).

ClauTrade

Trader
Sep 5, 2018
Hello Envid and all, many thanks for your great job. I find you today searching Better Volume for MT5 ...until now I used it in NT8.
I added a buffer(2) with int value if someone need use it for EA, it detect ticks colours changed in ID0 or last candle colour in ID1.

mql5 file: BetterVolumeChart_mod.mq5 (added buffer out int value about colors ... values from -1 to 4)
I used the following number but is possible to change it easily in the end of code (Out_value)

White: -1
No signal: 0
Red: 1
Yellow: 2
Lime:3
Magenta: 4

better_1.png

REQUEST PLEASE:
I have a help request please: I'm trying modified BetterVolume to "MultiTimeFrame".
I tried to get the 1H tick values of the indicator to build the bar color chart of the M1 but unfortunately not work fine! :(
Any idea, suggest or help please?
Thanks

Attachments

• BetterVolumeChartBars_mod.mq5
    9.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 👍
Reactions: mntiwana and Enivid

ClauTrade

Trader
Sep 5, 2018
Hello.. :) thanks to you for so fast reply!
Really I think it will be very interesting to work in Tick to see in low TF the exactly "thresholds/changes" of "range/volume" of the high TF.
Example for 2 Time Frame (high 1H and low 1M).

During the 1H candle building the BV change colour more times, it will be interesting in current time chart (1M) to see and paint the same changes of colour (of H1) and finally the 1M candle close getting the colour find in the H1.
In other worlds ...to get the tick values of the high time frame to paint the candle of the low time frame.

Is more easy do it in EA (simply using copybuffer in high TF) but in the indi I have some problem... :(
Thanks for your availability!

ClauTrade

Trader
Sep 5, 2018
Hello ...here an improve version, it use "draw candle" and you can choose Tick or Real volume in case you will use it in futures.

Use buffer (4) like output colour value:

White: -1
No signal: 0
Red: 1
Yellow: 2
Lime:3
Magenta: 4

Good luck! ;)

better_2.png

Attachments

• BetterVolumeBars.mq5
    17.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 👍
Reactions: mntiwana, jali and Enivid

ropopo

Trader
Dec 21, 2018
Hey guys , is it possible to code better volume with alerts , what it would show on the message what currency pair is alerting and what color in letters has change ?

ropopo

Trader
Dec 21, 2018
Hey guys , is it possible to code better volume with alerts , what it would show on the message what currency pair is alerting and what color in letters has change ?
upload_2019-2-2_21-9-56.png

When i get an email alert , i down know which pair to look or what volume has changed ...

• 👍
Reactions: Zack King

ropopo

Trader
Dec 21, 2018
@ropopo Which version are you using? It is better to attach it here to avoid confusion because there are so many...
Hey man , thanks for reply. I am using 1.5 version with color ingoring , it would be very useful if I could see easy to read information when i get an alert to my email.
Like USD/CHF 4h volume color changed from white to red , or any color you choose on indicator. I am more familiar with colors of version 1.4 white sell red buy at the moment. It would save me time looking all the pairs volume.. like i would always now at the end of the day , what volume was on D1 charts just looking to my phone.. If it's sell volume on a given pair , i could look for retracement , some candle stick pattern , nice volume to jump in on lower time frames ect.

Attachments

• BetterVolume 1.5 new with Alerts and Color Ingoring.mq4
    7.7 KB · Views: 60
  • BetterVolume 1.5 new with Alerts and Color Ingoring.ex4
    24.5 KB · Views: 41

dinhvu

Trader
May 14, 2019
Hi everybody!
It's great when I know this forum.
I want to ask the experts to help me.
Better Volume 1.4 has warnings by color(option) and can run on multiple time frames (can be set according to a specific time frame).
Thank you so much!

Attachments

• BetterVolume 1.4.rar
    4.9 KB · Views: 35

taorobin

Trader
Dec 8, 2019
Hello
Here with alerts indicating the pair and the TF! + Push

But I would like to replace the "ColorToString (CurrentColor [...]" by the name of the color (example Red, White, green, yellow ....) and I can not?

Attachments

• BetterVolume 1.5 new with Alerts, Color Ignoring, and TSV.ex4
    28 KB · Views: 11
  • BetterVolume 1.5 new with Alerts, Color Ignoring, and TSV.mq4
    22.8 KB · Views: 15

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
But I would like to replace the "ColorToString (CurrentColor [...]" by the name of the color (example Red, White, green, yellow ....) and I can not?
You definitely can, but the problem is that the exact value of the CurrentColor[] isn't known at compilation time. What you can do, since there is a limited number of colors involved here, is to write some simple function that would return the desired string value for a given color value. For example:
MQL4:
string ColorNormalName(color c)
{
  switch(c)
  {
    case clrRed: return("Red");
    case clrGreen: return("Green");
    case clrBlue: return("Blue");
    default: return("Unknown color");
  }
}

• 👍
Reactions: taorobin

taorobin

Trader
Dec 8, 2019
You definitely can, but the problem is that the exact value of the CurrentColor[] isn't known at compilation time. What you can do, since there is a limited number of colors involved here, is to write some simple function that would return the desired string value for a given color value. For example:
MQL4:
string ColorNormalName(color c)
{
  switch(c)
  {
    case clrRed: return("Red");
    case clrGreen: return("Green");
    case clrBlue: return("Blue");
    default: return("Unknown color");
  }
}

Great ! it works !