Better Volume Indicator v1.5 with Sound and Email Alert

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
Hey Guys,

I would like some help with a very useful indicator which is good by itself but could be improved if a new feature would be added...

The new feature which I seek to be programmed would be this indicator with an option to have sound and email alert if the colors change

Thank you, this will help you as well as me to be notified in advance!
;)

Attachments

• image01.jpg
    image01.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 1,448
  • BetterVolume 1.5 new.mq4
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,541
  • image02.jpg
    image02.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 1,219
M

mjackson

Well even tick volume has very significant meaning ....The numbers of volume itself are not that much important...Volume represents activity and it is enough to compare volume bars to each other and be able to read chart as it is unfold...Those who doesn’t know to read volume deny value and importance of volume...Yes even tick volume is very valuable information there are lot of websites where you can learn about it...

Better volume that you converted from MT4 to MT5 several months ago is incomplete just because you don’t believe in volume....Do you mind to finish what you started...If interested in then we can continue in that already existing thread for Better Volume...

M

mjackson

OK, I wouldn't mind finishing it as I have some free time for MQL coding right now. Wouldn't it better to convert version 1.5 attached here, also adding alerts?

Thank you. This "BetterVolume 1.5 new" is something that I am not familiar with...it is an unknown version of of BetterVolume1.4. and I use BetterVolume 1.4 for years.Other two indicators are inteegral part of Better Volume 1.4 version. This version 1.4 is best representation of its real inovator ( some other website for some other platform then MT4)...In FF there are bunch of variations of 1.4 but all are useless...1.4 is the best Although need improvement.

I have no intention to experiment and test "BetterVolume 1.5 new" and spend my time for nothing....Regarding Alerts in BetterVolume 1.4 you can put only as optional as a matter of choice for each type of volume (like true/false or on/off). Regarding e-mail is same only as a personal choice (true/false or on/off)

So please back to Better Volume 1.4 and its thread to finish what we started...there are more to it...

Thank you for your willingness to continue.

P.S. What are you going to do with this "BetterVolume 1.5 new" I have no clue and I am not interested in to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Better Volume Indicator v1.5 with sound and e-mail alerts is attached here. Do not forget to turn alerts on using the input parameters. Your feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• BetterVolume 1.5 new with Alerts.mq4
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,219

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
It works fine, you did a wonderful job. Now, I have been using this indicator for a while and it does not disappoint! But you also need to know that there are some colors that really don't matter as much as the others...

Do you think you could program this a bit further by being able to turn certain colors on/off...doing so would make it even better because some colors identify major trends before they even occur...there are also colors that don't make any difference whether they appear or not...

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
Not exactly, because even if I ignore certain colors as of right now, the indicator would still alert if they appear...but certain colors don't matter as much as the others, so it is OK that they appear in the indicator window but they don't need to appear in the alert window

I am not sure if it's possible to turn on/off alerts for individual colors but let me know if it's possible...

Thanks again!

amsteronline

Master Trader
Jul 11, 2012
The important colors are LightSeaGreen and LightSalmon, but don't trade based only on these colors. After the signal, wait for the candles to close, and check the next candle to make sure that the direction is the same!!

Good Luck!

brownturtle

Trader
Nov 11, 2012
Hello, i noticed you had added alerts to the Better volume 1.5. Have you done the same for 1.4. I have 1.4 but would like a simple audible alert when the bar changes color. Regards
anthony

sizabici

Active Trader
Mar 23, 2013
Modify Better Volume + Alert

The attached Better Volume indicator improves on the typical volume histogram by coloring the bars based on 5 criteria:

#Volume Climax Up - high volume, high range, up bars (red)
#Volume Climax Down - high volume, high range, down bars (white)
#High Volume Churn - high volume, low range bars (green, PaintBar blue)
#Volume Climax plus High Volume Churn - both the above conditions (magenta)
#Low Volume - low volume bars (yellow)
#When there are no volume signals the default histogram bar coloring is cyan

This indicator is made to sound alert and pop up a window when Volume Climax Up or Down bars are identified, but at this moment it only signals when the candle is already closed.

Can you please modify and to make it alert and pop up a window, showing the same message as it is set now, and do not alter the message, but the alert pop up once the color turns RED or WHITE, and not after the bar is closed!

Looking forward
Regards
Simon

Attachments

• BetterVolume 1.4+Alert.mq4
    7 KB · Views: 552
  • 👍
Reactions: mehdi