Criptofuture

Sep 24, 2021
He said: "Yes that's correct you can compile the mq4 and it'll work fine but I need the mqh file to compile to be able work with and make the changes".

If that is not true, does anybody know a good programmer that could make a couple of modifications?

Also, I assumed that if the code is openly given it is allowed to be modified at will. If not, please let me know.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
He said: "Yes that's correct you can compile the mq4 and it'll work fine but I need the mqh file to compile to be able work with and make the changes".

If that is not true, does anybody know a good programmer that could make a couple of modifications?

Also, I assumed that if the code is openly given it is allowed to be modified at will. If not, please let me know.
He can surely make modifications to the .mqh file without compiling it and compiling the .mq4 instead.

Criptofuture

Sep 24, 2021
I need 2 small modifications.
First I would like the trailing stop to work like the one on this video:
The example goes from minute 22:15 to 23:15. Its adviced to watch the video with automaticaly translated subtitles.
The trailing stop would move so to keep always a 1:1 ratio with the take profit.

Second I would like to switch to a second trailing stop once a certain point is reached.

Summarizing the 2 modifications:

1. Trailing stop that shrinks in value keeping with a one to one ratio with tp as the price gets closer to tp. As shown in the video from minute 22:15.

2. When price is X pips (variable) away from tp, tp gets erased and a fixed trailing stop of X pips (variable) starts to function.

I have attached a picture of how it should look like.

Im having a lot of trouble finding some one that can do it. I tried Fiverr, freelancer.com and mql5 freelancer marketplace.

Is it too complicated what Im asking? Is it possible?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it too complicated what Im asking? Is it possible?
It is possible and not extremely complicated, but this isn't something I would be adding to the Account Protector.

I recommend finding someone on Upwork to code that for you. Coders there are much more professional than on MQL5.com.

Criptofuture

Sep 24, 2021
It is possible and not extremely complicated, but this isn't something I would be adding to the Account Protector.

I recommend finding someone on Upwork to code that for you. Coders there are much more professional than on MQL5.com.
Thank you, I will give it a try!

doyathink

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2013
Hi...
seems like a great expert.
But
I downloaded this get 101 errors and 8 warning when compiling...
Am I missing something?

doyathink

Active Trader
Mar 8, 2013
Ok... got it working. Had to add the other files to the Experts folder, as I saw on the discussion on some previous pages. It
is working, but I can't get it to reset the Actions... tried both true and false on the menu, but after it's triggered, the Actions are gone.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ok... got it working. Had to add the other files to the Experts folder, as I saw on the discussion on some previous pages. It
is working, but I can't get it to reset the Actions... tried both true and false on the menu, but after it's triggered, the Actions are gone.
Setting DoNotResetActions to true should do the trick for you.

tennomen

Trader
Jul 10, 2021
I suggest EA can add more feature:

Conditions:
- Dailyloss
- Maxx loss

Actions:
1. If Dailyloss reached -> Run Action
2. Next day, Dailyloss reset => Run Action again.

Ex:
1. If Dailyloss reached -> Run : Close all position and turn off Auto Trading
2. Next day, Dailyloss reset => Run : Turn on Auto Trading

ajlal.mazha

Nov 16, 2021
How do I run the Protector with my EA running on the chart? When I move the protector onto the chart, it removes my EA from the chart. I want my EA to be running while the Protector acting on top of my EA.

ajlal.mazha

Nov 16, 2021
Just add it to another chart.
you mean add two Gold charts in MT4, on one chart have my EA running and on the other chart have the protector, The account stays the same, as well as the MT4 terminsl. And, when the EA running will hit a limit, the protector will close the EA?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
you mean add two Gold charts in MT4, on one chart have my EA running and on the other chart have the protector, The account stays the same, as well as the MT4 terminsl. And, when the EA running will hit a limit, the protector will close the EA?
Yes. It doesn't really matter what chart it is on (the Account Protector), unless you set it to filter the trades based on the chart it is on.

krazi

Trader
Nov 30, 2021
Hi Enivid, haven't had a chance to review AP in detail yet but could you please confirm if it's possible to configure AP based on the following? 1638302396836.png

Thanks!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, haven't had a chance to review AP in detail yet but could you please confirm if it's possible to configure AP based on the following? View attachment 19548

Thanks!
Yes, it can work like that, but you would have to update the equity snapshots manually at the beginning of each day.

Vikk

Dec 19, 2021
How do you set the protector not to lose the settings when changing from one profile to another?
Post automatically merged:

A question. How do you set the protector to mainitan the settings when switching to a different trading pair?