Vikk

Dec 19, 2021
I have migrated my trading EA's to a faster vps but the account protector did not since it has a dll (as was indicated at the time of migrating the trading EA's) but I have attached it to a chart in my mt4 vps and autotrading is enabled. Will it work in controlling the EA's already migrated to the faster VPS?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
How do you set the protector not to lose the settings when changing from one profile to another?
There is no way to do it - changing the profile leads to REASON_CHARTCLOSE signal, which causes AP to delete its settings file.
A question. How do you set the protector to mainitan the settings when switching to a different trading pair?
It already works like that. Are you sure it didn't preserve its settings when switching the chart's pair?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have migrated my trading EA's to a faster vps but the account protector did not since it has a dll (as was indicated at the time of migrating the trading EA's) but I have attached it to a chart in my mt4 vps and autotrading is enabled. Will it work in controlling the EA's already migrated to the faster VPS?
The DLL is used only to disable autotrading, it is not needed to close trades. If you are using Account Protector to disable/enable autotrading (to prevent other EAs from trading), then it won't work for you without the DLL.

Vikk

Dec 19, 2021
The DLL is used only to disable autotrading, it is not needed to close trades. If you are using Account Protector to disable/enable autotrading (to prevent other EAs from trading), then it won't work for you without the DLL.
Okay, I do not intend ti disable/enable autotrading but only close trades when loss setting is reached. Will the equity protector be required to be migrated together with the trading EA's to the rented VPS server?
Post automatically merged:

Also, is it possible to test the equity protector in a demo account?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Okay, I do not intend ti disable/enable autotrading but only close trades when loss setting is reached. Will the equity protector be required to be migrated together with the trading EA's to the rented VPS server?
You can use it on another PC or on a different VPS server, but it should be attached to a chart in the platform that is connected to the same account that are those other EAs.
Also, is it possible to test the equity protector in a demo account?
Yes, of course!

Vikk

Dec 19, 2021
You can use it on another PC or on a different VPS server, but it should be attached to a chart in the platform that is connected to the same account that are those other EAs.

Yes, of course!
Sorry for asking many questions, I need some clarification. I unchecked the dll on the account protector, and commenced to migrate the trading ea's and the account protector to the rented vps server. As I am using 3 trading EA's, I checked the logs and saw only 3 EA's loaded (see massage below from the logs) . Was the account protector also loaded as well?

2021.12.23 06:59:47.949 : 3 charts, 3 EAs, 0 custom indicators, signal disabled

nkosivuma

Dec 23, 2021
Discuss Account Protector expert advisor here. This EA lets you control your orders and positions with a chart panel. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader tool here.
Great EA. I installed it but I haven't been able to figure out how to display the front end user panel. How does one access the front end interface? I'm stuck at the inputs in the backend.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry for asking many questions, I need some clarification. I unchecked the dll on the account protector, and commenced to migrate the trading ea's and the account protector to the rented vps server. As I am using 3 trading EA's, I checked the logs and saw only 3 EA's loaded (see massage below from the logs) . Was the account protector also loaded as well?

2021.12.23 06:59:47.949 : 3 charts, 3 EAs, 0 custom indicators, signal disabled
I have no idea. Doesn't it list which EAs it moved to the VPS? My bet is that it didn't move the AP there because it uses DLLs.

Are you moving to the MetaQuotes' built-in virtual server? I don't recommend that. Better rent a proper VPS and move everything there. You won't be restricted so heavily.

Chopchop

Dec 27, 2021
Hi Enivid, is it possible that you can add any additional parameters to this wonderful ea if suggested?
Post automatically merged:

This is a superb piece of work, I use it for all my trades but I too would be interested in the suggestion previously put forward about adding a max daily loss etc. Any chance of something like this being added in the near future? I’ve tried other programmers but no one has been able to work out how to do it properly yet.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, is it possible that you can add any additional parameters to this wonderful ea if suggested?
This is a superb piece of work, I use it for all my trades but I too would be interested in the suggestion previously put forward about adding a max daily loss etc. Any chance of something like this being added in the near future? I’ve tried other programmers but no one has been able to work out how to do it properly yet.
Of course, you can submit suggestions and I will consider them.
Adding daily drawdown/loss tracking is quite tricky. I am not sure that I will be able to do that.

Vikk

Dec 19, 2021
I have no idea. Doesn't it list which EAs it moved to the VPS? My bet is that it didn't move the AP there because it uses DLLs.

Are you moving to the MetaQuotes' built-in virtual server? I don't recommend that. Better rent a proper VPS and move everything there. You won't be restricted so heavily.
Hello Enivid, and happy new year!
I was able to test the account protector (it did not move to the rented vps btw :) ), so this is what I was able to observe:

The losing trades were closed when the set test floating loss was reached.
However, due to the latency difference between the brokers mt4 (about 200ms) and the rented vps latency (about 2ms), the trades were closed way after the floating loss had been reached (closed at about 4.5 usd where the test setting loss was 1usd).
Is there a way of hiding/removing the dll setting (for those who do not want to disable trading but only want to close the open positions only, so that the account protector can be migrated to the rented VPS provided by the mql5 platform?

Or are there any fast vps that can be used to ensure both the trading EA's and the Account Protector are on the same latency?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
However, due to the latency difference between the brokers mt4 (about 200ms) and the rented vps latency (about 2ms), the trades were closed way after the floating loss had been reached (closed at about 4.5 usd where the test setting loss was 1usd).
This could be not only due to the 200 ms lag, but also due the prices moving rather fast in the market. If the price changed so that the total loss moved immediately to 4.5 USD there is no chance to close the trades at the requested 1 USD loss even for a no-lag connection.
Is there a way of hiding/removing the dll setting (for those who do not want to disable trading but only want to close the open positions only, so that the account protector can be migrated to the rented VPS provided by the mql5 platform?
You can comment out the lines 10-12 in the AccountProtector.mqh and then comment out three lines that use GetAncestor() function in the same file. After that recompile AccountProtector.mq4. This should remove any DLL calls from the EA.

Phylix

Jan 5, 2022
What happens when you try to attach it to your chart?
Nothing happens, I tried to drag and drop it to a chart, and literally, nothing happens while other EAs work perfectly fine with drag and drop. Also tried right-clicking > Attach to chart, and still nothing happens

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Nothing happens, I tried to drag and drop it to a chart, and literally, nothing happens while other EAs work perfectly fine with drag and drop. Also tried right-clicking > Attach to chart, and still nothing happens
What does it say in the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow when you do that?

Phylix

Jan 5, 2022
What does it say in the Experts tab of the Terminal subwindow when you do that?
It says "
2022.01.05 16:55:46.431 cannot open file 'C:\Users\flxol...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\6D2008B64D7AC47CAB715862677440EC\MQL4\Experts\Account Protector.ex4' [2]"