Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Discuss Trailing Stop on Profit expert advisor here. This free MT4/MT5 EA provides an automated trailing stop tool based on the classic trailing stop method with the only difference being that it activates once the given profit value in points is reached. You can ask any questions about this MetaTrader robot here.

• 👍
Reactions: Proseries

AndyMu

Trader
Sep 8, 2022
Hi,

Firstly thank you so much for the EA, I really appreciate it.

I have just downloaded the MT5 version and it is .mq5, I tried to compile it but am getting errors. Is it possible you could upload the .ex5 please?

Many thanks

Andy

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

Firstly thank you so much for the EA, I really appreciate it.

I have just downloaded the MT5 version and it is .mq5, I tried to compile it but am getting errors. Is it possible you could upload the .ex5 please?

Many thanks

Andy
Please make sure that you follow the installation instructions found here:
https://www.earnforex.com/metatrade.../#MT5_Trailing_Stop_on_Profit_EA_installation
You can download an .ex5 from our GitHub repository here:
https://github.com/EarnForex/Trailing-Stop-on-Profit/releases

Blurob29

Trader
Mar 5, 2022
Is there an ea that can Trail SL by the original SL? or would I need to attach this ea to each Chart?

Nov 28, 2022
please consider me a beginner and provide some simple explanation for me, i will be thankful to you. even a small example will help, like if i am going long and my entry point is at 100 , my SL is at 90, my TP1 is 110, TP2 is 120 and TP3 is 130, Lot size is 1, so how the trailing stop loss should be configured?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It looks like there is some misunderstanding here. This expert advisor cannot manage multiple TPs. The only thing it does is the classical trailing stop. The only difference with the classical trailing stop is that it starts triggering only when a certain threshold of profit has been reached.

Nov 28, 2022
It looks like there is some misunderstanding here. This expert advisor cannot manage multiple TPs. The only thing it does is the classical trailing stop. The only difference with the classical trailing stop is that it starts triggering only when a certain threshold of profit has been reached.
oh yes i meant to say that i have 3 targets in my analysis TP1, TP2 and TP3, yes its a single trade, so when i take the trade i set the TP with the value of TP3 in my analysis and i keep watching the trade, when my trade reaches to TP1, i close 50 percent of my lot and trail the SL to entry point, then when it reaches to TP2 i close the 0.25 % or remaining lot and trail the SL to TP1 level, and if it reaches to TP3 it get closed automatically by hitting the TP. so is this possible to execute it in EA or there is some other way to do it?

Tylergibson

Sep 17, 2022
Hi Envid, Thank you for the EA, I have been using it for a week now, for buy order it set the SL automatically as per the inputs and trails..but for sell order it does not set SL automatically but trails fine once created manually..pls help me identify the issue..

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Envid, Thank you for the EA, I have been using it for a week now, for buy order it set the SL automatically as per the inputs and trails..but for sell order it does not set SL automatically but trails fine once created manually..pls help me identify the issue..
Thanks for reporting! I have fixed it. Please download version 1.01.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Enivid, I have downloaded the file from the main page, but the mt4 version still says 1.00...pls help..
It should be fine. I just forgot to update the version number in the source file. Make sure you overwrite your old files.

I have also updated the files to show the new version number, so you can re-download them just in case.

abe7775

Trader
Jan 26, 2023
Hello,

first of all thanks for the deployment, its a great tool.

I want to ask if, i did not find a way, is possible to trigger the TS from an specific profit. I mean:
- Strategy risk 1-3: 1% loss - 3% profit
- I would like to configure the TS to be triggered in 1% profit steps but only after i reach my 3% profit of strategy

Thanks in advance