Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@vhagwie You need to copy all three files into Experts folder. You need to compile either AccountProtector.mq4 or AccountProtector.mq5 depending on which MetaTrader you are using. You will have one compiled file as a result - you will need to attach it to the chart.

vhagwie

Trader
Dec 5, 2019
@vhagwie You need to copy all three files into Experts folder. You need to compile either AccountProtector.mq4 or AccountProtector.mq5 depending on which MetaTrader you are using. You will have one compiled file as a result - you will need to attach it to the chart.

Ok. Thanks a lot

vhagwie

Trader
Dec 5, 2019
Hi envid, i already made the AP running. Thanks for this wonderful ea.

I have several questions though....

1) under the condition tab, if i choose the "equity>= % of snapshot", does the equity snapshot refresh itself after condition is met/trades are closed? Or do i need to manually press the snapshot everytime trades are closed?

2)still under the condition tab, if i choose the "floating profit reaches % of balance", does this profit % includes both the open and the closed trades? Or just the open trades only?

3) if i set the AP to disable ea on a friday, does it automatically, re-enable the running ea after that day? Or do i need to toggle off the "set timer" before it will resume/activate other ea

4) lastly, with regards to trailing stop loss, does this apply to the entire equity? Or just on the chart where AP is attached to.

Hope you can give clarifications on these matters.

Thanks a lot sir :)

• 👍
Reactions: milo_of_ persia

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Do i need to attach it to all the charts opened? Or jus one chart?

As you wish. You can use it on one chart or you can attach it to several charts if you want to use more than one set of actions/conditions/filters.

1) under the condition tab, if i choose the "equity>= % of snapshot", does the equity snapshot refresh itself after condition is met/trades are closed? Or do i need to manually press the snapshot everytime trades are closed?
You would have to refresh the snapshot manually.

2)still under the condition tab, if i choose the "floating profit reaches % of balance", does this profit % includes both the open and the closed trades? Or just the open trades only?
Only open trades.

3) if i set the AP to disable ea on a friday, does it automatically, re-enable the running ea after that day? Or do i need to toggle off the "set timer" before it will resume/activate other ea
No, you would need to re-enable it manually.

4) lastly, with regards to trailing stop loss, does this apply to the entire equity? Or just on the chart where AP is attached to.
If you don't set any filters it will apply to the entire account. If you set up a filter to work only with the specific currency pair, it will work only with it.

vhagwie

Trader
Dec 5, 2019
Thanks envid. The AP works as it is supposed to.

However, id like to suggest some additional features. Would it be possible for the AP to have the following:

1) under conditions, would it be possible if "equity>= % of snapshot" condition is met, the equity snapshot automatically refreshes to current value after every action (i.e. close all open trades) is trigerred.

2) an additional feature : trading days and time filter --> when you want expert advisor's actions to be executed.
Therefore, AP can limit and control the trading days (Mondays to sundays) and trading hours (0-24 hrs) of other eas on the chart

3) under action tab, can you add enable autotrading option, aside from disable autotrading?

Sorry this very long message. I hope you update the ea with these feature, if these are possible.

Thanks so much sir

diyforexskills

Active Trader
Feb 27, 2014
www.diyforexskills.com
Would it be possible to add a hedge/lock feature? So instead of trades being closed when a certain DD is reached for the trades of a specified currency, it would place a hedge trade of equal lot size; with a hedge order multiplier function if we want a larger or smaller hedge . The trader can then decide how he wants to recover from that position manually.

srvman

Feb 3, 2020
Hi Enivid,

Many thanks for this EA. I browsed this forum to find if there was a possibility that the AP EA will reset automatically after being triggered, but I read that when triggered the EA will stay in that status. Is it an idea to make this a setting (choice)? Because I am running a scalper EA and every time the losses exceeds a certain amount of USD (Floating loss reaching currency units) I choose to close every trade in that instrument. But after that it is ok with me that the AP will come out of the triggered state and monitor this rule again, because the scalping EA will continue as well.

Thanks for your excellent work.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid,

Many thanks for this EA. I browsed this forum to find if there was a possibility that the AP EA will reset automatically after being triggered, but I read that when triggered the EA will stay in that status. Is it an idea to make this a setting (choice)? Because I am running a scalper EA and every time the losses exceeds a certain amount of USD (Floating loss reaching currency units) I choose to close every trade in that instrument. But after that it is ok with me that the AP will come out of the triggered state and monitor this rule again, because the scalping EA will continue as well.

Thanks for your excellent work.
If you set DoNotResetConditions and DoNotResetActions to true, the EA will continue working with new positions even if you don't do anything. It will show "Triggered" state, but it will continue looking for new trigger situations as long as there is some condition and action set.

srvman

Feb 3, 2020
If you set DoNotResetConditions and DoNotResetActions to true, the EA will continue working with new positions even if you don't do anything. It will show "Triggered" state, but it will continue looking for new trigger situations as long as there is some condition and action set.
Hi Enivid,

Yes, I have tested it now and it works like charm. The AP is a very nice EA which helps me a lot. Thank you very much!

srvman

Feb 3, 2020
Hi Enivid,

I have another question: I want to use the condition Equity >= % of snapshot after any percentage I put in the condition is triggered immediately despite the equity snapshot is exactly the same as the current equity. There are no trades active at that moment.
I did:
1) Make a snapshot
2) Choose Do not filter by trading instrument
3) fill in 1.00 in Equity >= % of snapshot
4) Checked the action Send Email (for testing only)
5) Checked the condition Equity >= % of snapshot
AP is triggerd immediately.

Can you help me out?

srvman

Feb 3, 2020
Your equity is probably 100% of the snapshot equity if you just made the snapshot. If you set a condition for equity to be >= 1% of snapshot, of course it will get triggered immediately.
Ah right... Thank you for also answering less intelligent questions:oops::)

brusch

Feb 10, 2020
Hi,

Hello to everybody.

I would like tot get a little confirmation about action of partially closing 'all trades'

1) if I set a filter to include a specific magic, will all partial close apply only to this specific magic ( as I would guess this beeing the expected way of action) ?
2 )if I want a partial close of, say 30%, will each position be partially closed ( from ... to ...) or will the system try to close the positions entirely untill the percentage of the volume is reached ?

Many thanks for this great tool!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1) if I set a filter to include a specific magic, will all partial close apply only to this specific magic ( as I would guess this beeing the expected way of action) ?
Yes, it will apply only to orders with specified Magic number.

2 )if I want a partial close of, say 30%, will each position be partially closed ( from ... to ...) or will the system try to close the positions entirely untill the percentage of the volume is reached ?
It will partially close positions. So, if you have two trades for 1 lot each, it will try to close 0.3 lot in each of them.

olgrim

Feb 20, 2020
Hello, thank you for Account protector.
When i have other EA open on a chart, seems I can't add AP. Should the AP be added on any chart without other EA?
Once opened (as I understand) it can control all Expert Advisors orders on any other charts with EAs. Only 1 EA can be open on a particular chart, right?
Sorry I misunderstood something.

AP is also asking to cancel autotrade. So AP will not work with active Expert Advisors in auto trade mode.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-02-20 15.09.31.png

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
When i have other EA open on a chart, seems I can't add AP. Should the AP be added on any chart without other EA?
MT4 doesn’t allow adding more than one EA on a single chart.

Once opened (as I understand) it can control all Expert Advisors orders on any other charts with EAs. Only 1 EA can be open on a particular chart, right?

Yes, AP can control all orders depending on the filters you set.

AP is also asking to cancel autotrade.

I don’t believe it does. On the contrary, it needs AutoTrade to be on to be able to close trades.

• 👍
Reactions: olgrim
Apr 10, 2020
Persia
hi
i wanted to ask few very simple but important questions
in the conditions tab we have
Equity<=% of snapshot (can i use it as hidden equity trilling stop loss??? )

now imagine i have 1000 usd as my floating equity and as my floating balance increase the equity will increase. now i want to risk 20% of my equity only.
what should be the number written in the condition column? should is write 20 or 80?

will the AP EA fallow the equity as it increase or decrease by the floating P\L or i should manually take new snapshots EACH TIME it reaches a new height as my floating P\L increase or decrease?
and if it is automatically tracing the floating equity, will it always count the 20% of the latest height of equity and trill my hidden stop-loss with the new height?

i can not see the smile sign of auto traders being active(being ON) on all of my charts, so is it controlling my entire portfolio or only the trades of that single instruments where it is attached to its chart? (no filter is applied)
if i need it to control my entire profile do i need it to attach it to every chart or one chart and one condition set is enough ?

thanks for putting lots of time for it and helping us.
i have disabled my add blocker also on this website very willingly
thanks again

Last edited: