Account Protector

Discussion in 'MetaTrader Expert Advisors' started by Enivid, Feb 6, 2017.

1. jagg

jagg Active Trader

Like the partial take profit(s) idea ;)

2. Enivid

Enivid Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for suggestion, I will definitely consider implementing it in the next version of the Account Protector.

MrIvanGold and jagg like this.
  3. Florida Trader

Florida Trader Trader

I have Account Protector v.1.01 for MT4. All three components are successfully loaded in the Experts folder. The .mq4 file has been compiled. Two questions to confirm my assumptions. (1) The EA is tracking the Account Equity Balance in real time for the Condition settings (Floating Loss reaches % of balance) True/False? The reason for the question, on the Main page you manually update the "snapshot" of Equity Balance. Hopefully, the EA is tracking Account Equity Balance in real time and not dependent on manually updating the "snapshot". (2) I trade manually on my PC terminal and have the Account Protector set up on the VPS for the same live account. Please confirm, the charts do not need to be loaded in the VPS. The Account Protector will take Action based on the Account Equity Balance. True/False? Thanks for the excellent service, products and trust

4. Enivid

Floating loss reaches % of balance condition does not depend on the snapshot.

You need to have at least one chart open on your VPS platform to attach the Account Protector to it. Also, you have to make sure that the automated trading is enabled at your VPS platform.

Florida Trader likes this.
  5. ipippo

ipippo Newbie

Guys,

some suggestions:

1) "Close on Friday" at specific "hh:mm" option would be great.
    with option to filter include/exclude certain magic-numbers.

2) Possibility to filter not only by magic-numbers but by comment
    ie. "MySuperEA" will correspond to all comments started with "MySuperEA"

Enivid likes this.
  6. Enivid

Yeah, good idea. I will try to add it.

It already can filter by magic numbers.

This is already implemented. You can filter by comments via the Filters tab (look at the bottom of the tab).

ipippo likes this.
  7. Elie k

Elie k Trader

Hello,

Is it possible to add hidden SL feature (from broker) into this EA?

Br
    Ek

8. Enivid

Account Protector can work as a hidden SL - you set a loss condition and close positions in actions and it will close the trades when the condition is met.

9. Elie k

Elie k Trader

Thank you, is there a way to make this EA trail the stoploss based on an input of indicator , example supertrend?

10. Enivid

No, it would require some custom coding.

11. ipippo

ipippo Newbie

Thank you! :)

12. krishcsebd

krishcsebd Active Trader

Dear admin,
    today i download account protector ea but it's not working please solve this problem or give me a working verson i need this ea please solve this

13. Enivid

What was your course of actions and at what step did it stop working?

14. krishcsebd

krishcsebd Active Trader

Dear admin,
    thanks for replay it was my internal mt4 problem it's ok now if i find any problem i will report you again
    Thanks

15. diyforexskills

diyforexskills Active Trader

This a great trading tool. Thank you.
    Was wondering whether it can be used as an analysis tool in conjunction with the report analyser.
    So I have backtested a dozen EAs and merged the reports into a portfolio report. Now I want to see how that portfolio might have performed if I had used the Account Protector and closed all trade at a certain floating profit level and/or used the TS etc. In other words be able to do some whatif analysis.
    Could that be made to worK?

16. Enivid

This sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately, there is no way to integrate (or more accurately, emulate) the action of Account Protector into a backtest.

17. diyforexskills

diyforexskills Active Trader

And no way of adding a whatif type anlaysis like this in the Report Analyser?

18. Enivid

It would require transforming the RP from analyzer into a simulator with some kind of price feed analysis, which is not something I am planning to do with it.

19. Enivid

I am currently thinking how to best implement this partial close, and the only idea I get to (without messing up the whole UI) is to add a percentage the Close all positions action. Something like this:
    psc-partial-close.png
    This means that after the action is triggered, the EA closes 10% of volume of all trades and you have to reset the EA again to trigger at a new TP and close the 100% of what is remaining (which is 90% of the previous positions' size).

This isn't ideal, that's why I am asking for suggestions on how to make the partial close feature more convenient.

20. Aleks_

Aleks_ Newbie

Hi Enivid,

I got a stupid question (I guess) that I didn't find the answer yet..

I plan to use AP to help me with my manuals trades, especially for the TL features.

My question is, do we need to get AP on every charts we are trading, or if it's open on let's say EUR/USD only, it can manage TL on EUR/AUD trades too, etc etc ?

Thanks by advance !