Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
I have tried the replacement file
I get an error when trying to compile the file as instructed

I attach screen grab of compiler errors.
I assume this file is OK for MT4

Regards,

Attachments

• errors on compile.JPG
    errors on compile.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 2

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
I have tried the replacement file
I get an error when trying to compile the file as instructed

I attach screen grab of compiler errors.
I assume this file is OK for MT4

Regards,
Fixed for the time being !
I commented out the line and then recompiled the file.
All writes to the file take place OK.

Many thanks to you.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Fixed for the time being !
I commented out the line and then recompiled the file.
All writes to the file take place OK.

Many thanks to you.
Sorry! That was my bad. That file was from my "work in progress" version, so it wasn't really functional. Re-attaching the fixed one here if you need it.

Attachments

• Account Protector.mqh
    238.9 KB · Views: 4

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
Many thanks
Most appreciated
Regards,
Hi Enivid,

A new request to you if at all possible.
Can you add an option that will give a pop up alert for when the "Equity trailing stop (hidden)" is actually activated. ?
At the moment there is no way to know that the trailing stop on the main front panel has actually been hit (other than the MT4 terminal tab).

Thanks for all your previous support regarding other issues.
Regards,

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.08 released with a number of bug fixes (especially the one that prevented positions from closing when no log file specified) and adding three new input parameters - "do not disable equity trailing stop", "alert on equity trailing stop", and "close trades by distance".

Mick1

Jun 15, 2022
Hello

Will it be possible in a future update to include the option to close all charts first, to ensure other EAs are disabled, and then start closing the orders?

There are some EAs that open very fast new orders if they got closed, and with a big grid is a problem and some remained opened witouth the EA managing them

Thanks for considering

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello

Will it be possible in a future update to include the option to close all charts first, to ensure other EAs are disabled, and then start closing the orders?

There are some EAs that open very fast new orders if they got closed, and with a big grid is a problem and some remained opened witouth the EA managing them

Thanks for considering
It is possible with one exception - it won't close the chart it is attached to. Otherwise, it won't be able to finish other actions.

In any case, I will consider adding this as an action in the next version of the Account Protector. Thank you for your suggestion!

Mick1

Jun 15, 2022
It is possible with one exception - it won't close the chart it is attached to. Otherwise, it won't be able to finish other actions.

In any case, I will consider adding this as an action in the next version of the Account Protector. Thank you for your suggestion!
Thanks for quick reply

Yes that´s the idea, to close the other EA´s charts and maintain Account Protector´s chart open to finish the other actions.
That will be perfect

Thanks

ntk98

Jan 10, 2022
i use 1.08 why I can not save the set parameters?

What would be the right setting for this requirement: monitor both equity and balance. If any of the 2 which at any time is smaller, that will be watche, if that component falls under 5 percent then close all orders, all open and pending orders, then allow trading again after daily reset

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
i use 1.08 why I can not save the set parameters?
What do you mean? What steps do you take and what happens?
What would be the right setting for this requirement: monitor both equity and balance. If any of the 2 which at any time is smaller, that will be watche, if that component falls under 5 percent then close all orders, all open and pending orders, then allow trading again after daily reset
I guess you mean fall below 95% of initial values? There is no condition for balance. For equity, you just take a snapshot and set the Equity <= % of snapshot to 95. In Actions, you set Close and Delete. I didn't get if you want to disable autotrading or not, but if you do, then you also need to tick the Disable action.

You won't be able to restart everything with one instance of Account Protector. You can set up another instance with ticked 'Enable autotrading' option by Timer.

If you want the first instance to start monitoring everything again, you should also set the DoNotDisableActions and DoNotDisableConditions input parameters to true for the first instance. Also, "Recapture snapshots" action needs to be ticked there for equity snapshot to refresh and for the AP to work with that new action when new trades start opening.

However, as I said, it won't be able to detect balance change as there is no condition for that. You can try using "Daily profit/loss <= %" condition (by setting it to -5) - in theory, it should work in your case too.

ntk98

Jan 10, 2022
What do you mean? What steps do you take and what happens?

I guess you mean fall below 95% of initial values? There is no condition for balance. For equity, you just take a snapshot and set the Equity <= % of snapshot to 95. In Actions, you set Close and Delete. I didn't get if you want to disable autotrading or not, but if you do, then you also need to tick the Disable action.

You won't be able to restart everything with one instance of Account Protector. You can set up another instance with ticked 'Enable autotrading' option by Timer.

If you want the first instance to start monitoring everything again, you should also set the DoNotDisableActions and DoNotDisableConditions input parameters to true for the first instance. Also, "Recapture snapshots" action needs to be ticked there for equity snapshot to refresh and for the AP to work with that new action when new trades start opening.

However, as I said, it won't be able to detect balance change as there is no condition for that. You can try using "Daily profit/loss <= %" condition (by setting it to -5) - in theory, it should work in your case too.
I set parameters save in presets as account_protector_042022, when I attach the ea again and go to input, then load the acount_protector_042022 I expect every box should look like I filled previously, but nothing filled. all fields empty

that requirement is for prop fund evaluation. So yourr program monitor equity, and % DD? It may work. I had used other program where account balance was under monitor, but because open P/L going lower than 5% DD, I failed the evaluation hence my question: could we stop trading, close active orders when % DD happens?

You said here we dont monitor balance Is there any possible cause that balance gets smaller than equity, and loses 5% from its initial value?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I set parameters save in presets as account_protector_042022, when I attach the ea again and go to input, then load the acount_protector_042022 I expect every box should look like I filled previously, but nothing filled. all fields empty
.set files don't store the panel field values, they only store the input parameter values.

that requirement is for prop fund evaluation. So yourr program monitor equity, and % DD? It may work. I had used other program where account balance was under monitor, but because open P/L going lower than 5% DD, I failed the evaluation hence my question: could we stop trading, close active orders when % DD happens?
If you mean to catch only daily drawdown, then yes, via the "Daily profit/loss <= %" condition". If you mean overall (over several days), then that's possible only for equity, not for balance.
You said here we dont monitor balance Is there any possible cause that balance gets smaller than equity, and loses 5% from its initial value?
Yes, if you close some losing trades, but have some profitable open, you can have balance much lower than equity.

ntk98

Jan 10, 2022
.set files don't store the panel field values, they only store the input parameter values.

If you mean to catch only daily drawdown, then yes, via the "Daily profit/loss <= %" condition". If you mean overall (over several days), then that's possible only for equity, not for balance.

Yes, if you close some losing trades, but have some profitable open, you can have balance much lower than equity.
Thank you

Artattack

Trader
Feb 5, 2021
Hi Enivid.
Thank you for implementing Margin Level.
in the example shown below from the instructions
  • Margin level becomes less or equal to a given percentage value. E.g., margin level falls to or below 55%.
When there are no trades running it does not seem possible to set a value 55% and in actions disable autotrading.
What happens is autotrading is disabled as soon as the check box is selected. I assume that is because there are no open trades.
What I was hoping to do was to have is set at 100% (with no trades currently open) and after a trade or trades are opened and then if the margin falls below 100% autotrading would be disabled but the existing trades would continue.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Enivid