Artattack

Trader
Feb 5, 2021
Could it be that your other AP disables autotrading just when the first AP tries to close the trades? It won't be able to do it if autotrading is disabled by another AP.
Hi Enivid.
Thank you for getting back.
Can I just clarify that if autotrading is disabled AP will not close trades if so that is obviously the case and makes sense.
I know there is a message to say that EA will not perform trading operations. I assumed that did not apply to AP
I was under the impression that AP will still close trades even though autotrading is disabled.

For your interest I have tried a different currency pair for each.

XAUUSD for AP 1

XAGUSD for AP 2

this did not solve the problem.
Thanks again for this great piece of trading software.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid.
Thank you for getting back.
Can I just clarify that if autotrading is disabled AP will not close trades if so that is obviously the case and makes sense.
I know there is a message to say that EA will not perform trading operations. I assumed that did not apply to AP
I was under the impression that AP will still close trades even though autotrading is disabled.

For your interest I have tried a different currency pair for each.

XAUUSD for AP 1

XAGUSD for AP 2

this did not solve the problem.
Thanks again for this great piece of trading software.
No, sorry. Unfortunately, there is no way to let the EA close trades when autotrading is disabled, even for the Account Protector.

But why are you using two APs for closing and disabling? If you set up a single AP to do that, it will first close the trades and only then it will disable autotrading.

Artattack

Trader
Feb 5, 2021
Thanks for clarifying that Enivid that helps a lot.
The reason for using AP in this way is this.
I have an EA monitoring 28 currency pairs for this demo I am experimenting with.
Every 15 minutes the EA checks to see if certain conditions are met if yes the EA opens a trade. (sometimes two trades (currency pairs) open due to them both meeting the requirements.
Once a trade(s) is open I do not wish any further trades to open thus limiting it to just one or two. That is why AP disables autotrading thus not allowing my EA to open any further trades.
AP then takes over and monitors the equity once equity has reach a certain % win /lose then AP closes the trade(s).
I could of course use AP to disable trades and then manually close or remove the EA from the other 27 currency pairs and then re-enable auto trading and allow AP to complete its task of monitoring the remaining open trade(s)
Arthur.

ccoltmanm

Trader
May 27, 2022
If I want the Account Protector to close all trades when I hit $100 floating profit by currency, I have that set up. But it seems to turn off and reset the filters after it closes all orders.

How do I get Account Protector to ALWAYS take profit when it hits $100 floating profit, not by having to turn it back on each time it triggers?

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
Hello Enivid,
Can you please help with the following setup :-

I need to set the AP to close ALL trades when a certain Equity level is reached.
Example current equity is = £5000
Equity level for closing ALL trades = £6000

I have tried to do this using the main trailing equity stop on front panel but it did not work.
Please advise me.

Regards,

usd_linux

Trader
May 27, 2022
what problems you having its a very simple tool to use. just play with it everyday to you get to know it. it really isnt complex at all
Post automatically merged:

(conditions) equity currency units >= 6000 tick that then tick close 100.00 percent in actions

AP is very very impressive tool if used correctly

usd_linux

Trader
May 27, 2022
ive never used that function. i cut my losses not by single pair stop loss but by basket full of pips :). you can stop it reseting too ;) change from false to true before you load it

all im saying is load it on a demo and play with it for days if you have to. explore every function.

i would go as far to say. it the best account protector on the web and its free. very impressive

usd_linux

Trader
May 27, 2022
also a little tip. you can run 2 AP same time use one for loss and one for profit . have 2 active charts side by side. get one to ignore profitable trades the other to ignore losses. they will work on all active charts

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
also a little tip. you can run 2 AP same time use one for loss and one for profit . have 2 active charts side by side. get one to ignore profitable trades the other to ignore losses. they will work on all active charts
Thanks for your input.
I have done just as you suggested several times
But still the trades remain open.
AP indicates that it was triggered but trades do not get closed.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello Enivid,
Can you please help with the following setup :-

I need to set the AP to close ALL trades when a certain Equity level is reached.
Example current equity is = £5000
Equity level for closing ALL trades = £6000

I have tried to do this using the main trailing equity stop on front panel but it did not work.
Please advise me.

Regards,
In the Conditions tab, tick the "Equity >= currency units" and set the value to 6000.
In the Actions tab, tick the "Close " checkbox , set the value to 100%, and set the button to "All".
That's it.

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
In the Conditions tab, tick the "Equity >= currency units" and set the value to 6000.
In the Actions tab, tick the "Close " checkbox , set the value to 100%, and set the button to "All".
That's it.
I have done that several times.
The AP indicates that it was triggered but the trades do not get closed.
MT4 works OK on all other EA's and indicators.
It seems that AP indicates trigger but all trades are left running.

AP has just indicated that it has triggered.
The Experts tab also shows text "ACTION IS TAKEN equity rose to correct amount but positions were not closed

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I have done that several times.
The AP indicates that it was triggered but the trades do not get closed.
MT4 works OK on all other EA's and indicators.
It seems that AP indicates trigger but all trades are left running.

AP has just indicated that it has triggered.
The Experts tab also shows text "ACTION IS TAKEN equity rose to correct amount but positions were not closed
Could you please copy over the relevant lines from the Experts section? Perhaps there are some error messages?
Also, did you change any settings in the Filters tab?

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
OK Here we go..........

Some files attached.
The AP did trigger but trades remain open.
Regards.
thanks for your support.

Attachments

• Capture_3.JPG
    Capture_3.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture_4.JPG
    Capture_4.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture_5.JPG
    Capture_5.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 5

usd_linux

Trader
May 27, 2022
looks like it should of closed . you have it set up correct and you have confirmation. does your broker allow ALL type of EA? if it will not work. equity is just balance and unrealized profit or loss. make a note of your balance and try another function. if your balance is 5000, use floating profit rises to currency units 1000. it will give you same results. if that fails too then i reckon its your broker

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
Thanks for your help so far.
I will try as you have suggested.

Then if no success I will grab another account with different broker.
Much appreciated your help.

Regards

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
Hello,

I have tried the suggested alternative method but same result.
The trades do not get closed at any stage.

I have attached a screen grab from the experts tab.
It might help in resolving the issue.

If it is not apparent to you then I will try an alternative broker.

Best Regards,

Attachments

• Capture_6.JPG
    Capture_6.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 2

usd_linux

Trader
May 27, 2022
try this. its the previous AP. you have 1.07 this one is 1.061 but 1.07 works fine for me as does 1.061

Attachments

• Account Protector.mq5
    33.3 KB · Views: 4