cpoolrn

Trader
Apr 30, 2021
Hi Enivid - I really like your MT5 market profile indicator. I just use the rectangle option as a flexible market profile to look into areas of interest. Is there a way to assign a hotkey that will place the rectangle object on the chart and have it already assigned the name "MPR" and subsequently number it, such as MPR1, MPR2, MPR3, etc., as it is applied multiple times on a chart or on other charts? I didn't know if there is a way for the indicator to keep track of the the rectangle names so they are not duplicated (so they will show the profile) and can be used endless times without having to manually enter a different name each time it is applied. Trader-Dale.com created an MT4 flexible volume profile that has a hotkey (letter R) assigned that places the rectangle on the chart with the volume profile activated, but it deletes when you change symbols or close MT4 and it is not as sophisticated as your market profile indicator. I also migrated over to MT5 recently and really like it better than MT4. Anyway, just wanted to ask if it is possible. Thanks!

CP

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Gonzalez74

Trader
Feb 6, 2021
Hello! First of all, thank you Enivid, for sharing this indicator with the community! Good work!
I would like to ask a small question: It is not a problem, just to know if there is a way to have customized color schemes. I'm not a developer, but I'm curious, so to try to have a custom color scheme, I added the following lines to the code:

after Line 31, Add this line:
Code:
White_to_Gray, // White to Gray

after Line 875, Add this lines:
Code:
case White_to_Gray:
       colour = 0xF0F0F0; // clrGray;
       offset1 = 0x000300;
       offset2 = 0x000003;
       break;

Finaly, after Line 1946, Add this lines:

Code:
case White_to_Gray:
          if (CurrentBarDirection == Bullish)
          {
             colour = clrWhiteSmoke;
          }
          else if (CurrentBarDirection == Bearish)
          {
             colour = clrGray;
          }
          else if (CurrentBarDirection == Neutral)
          {
             colour = clrDarkGray;
          }
    break;

So I got an interesting effect, but from White to two shades of blue and then red! ... It wasn't quite what I wanted, but it didn't look bad :) lol
I don't understand what offset1 and offset2 are for ...

Can you help me to know what I'm doing wrong and how can I correct the color scheme, to get a gradient from White to light gray and dark gray, for example? Any help is welcome :)

Thank you very much again.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I don't understand what offset1 and offset2 are for ...
A multiple of offset1 is getting subtracted from the color code. A multiple ofoffset2 is getting added to the color code.
If you want a white to gray progression, you need to start with white:
MQL4:
colour = 0xFFFFFF;
And then use the offset1 that will equally decrement each part of the RGB:
MQL4:
offset1 = 0x030303;
You don't need to add to any of the RGB constituents, so offset2 should be zero:
MQL4:
offset2 = 0;

However, this will result in the final TPOs be colored black instead of gray. To avoid this, you can either change the offset to 0x010101 (but this will result in MT4 color glitches) or add some code after line 899 to prevent the colour variable from decreasing below 0xF0F0F0 or whatever is your standard for the end gray is (but this will result in the majority of the late TPOs be colored the same gray).

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.17 released to implement the following changes:
  1. Added a developing POC option to show how the Point of Control (median) developed during the session. (Suggested by @Loneblade)
  2. Added style and width input parameters for all lines and rays. (Suggested by @jagg)
  3. Added a hotkey ('r') to place a properly named rectangle chart object in the Rectangle session mode. (Suggested by @cpoolrn)
  4. Added an input parameter (ValueAreaPercentage) to control how many TPOs (the profile's building blocks) should be captured by the Value Area. (Suggested via email)
  5. Added an option for Single Print rays to mark the edges of single print profile ranges. (Suggested via GitHub issue)
  6. Fixed time zone shift parameter (TimeShiftMinutes) to work properly with Intraday sessions. (Reported via GitHub issue)
Please download and test.

• 👍
Reactions: Loneblade

Loneblade

Trader
Oct 9, 2019
Singapore/Beijing
Version 1.17 released to implement the following changes:
  1. Added a developing POC option to show how the Point of Control (median) developed during the session. (Suggested by @Loneblade)
  2. Added style and width input parameters for all lines and rays. (Suggested by @jagg)
  3. Added a hotkey ('r') to place a properly named rectangle chart object in the Rectangle session mode. (Suggested by @cpoolrn)
  4. Added an input parameter (ValueAreaPercentage) to control how many TPOs (the profile's building blocks) should be captured by the Value Area. (Suggested via email)
  5. Added an option for Single Print rays to mark the edges of single print profile ranges. (Suggested via GitHub issue)
  6. Fixed time zone shift parameter (TimeShiftMinutes) to work properly with Intraday sessions. (Reported via GitHub issue)
Please download and test.
Great job! DPOC will give you a heads up on where the market is building relative value (price).

cpoolrn

Trader
Apr 30, 2021
Thank you Enivid for the update!!!! Is there a way to stop the POC array when it touches a candle, to signal that the supply/demand zone is no longer fresh. I see there is a stop at the next MP, but can it be made to stop at the next candle body or wick within the same profile or continue into the next profile if needed and stop at the next candle body or wick. Thank you for your consideration.
1628380777830.png

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@cpoolrn No, there is no way to do that right now.
I might consider adding this option in the future, but having a POC stop upon hitting a candle inside the same trading session doesn't make sense to me. Because the POC itself could be based on that candle. Making a POC stop at a candle inside one of the next sessions make more sense, but it is little different from making it stop at the next profile (as it is done now).

cpoolrn

Trader
Apr 30, 2021
@cpoolrn No, there is no way to do that right now.
I might consider adding this option in the future, but having a POC stop upon hitting a candle inside the same trading session doesn't make sense to me. Because the POC itself could be based on that candle. Making a POC stop at a candle inside one of the next sessions make more sense, but it is little different from making it stop at the next profile (as it is done now).
Sorry if I was unclear. I was thinking more on the lines of supply and demand. Once the supply or demand has been tested, especially the POC as it was the highest traded volume in the area of interest, I would no longer look to trade it after first touch/test as show in the circle below (occured in the same profile).

1628519277480.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.18 of Market Profile is available for download - now with alerts! Here is the list of changes:
  1. Added alerts for crossing Median (Point of Control), Value Area, and Single Print zones. (Suggested via email.)
  2. Added a new ray drawing mode (via the HideRaysFromInvisibleSessions input parameter) where rays are not shown on the chart if their source sessions are behind the left edge of the screen. This helps to reduce chart clutter when working with many sessions at once. (Suggested via email.)
  3. Improved performance in both MT4 and MT5 version of the indicator.
  4. Fixed a bug with session colors in latest MT5 builds.
  5. Fixed Value Area lowest edge — it is now drawn at its real level. (Suggested via email.)
  6. Fixed a bug when all rays could disappear when a new session started.
You can download the new version now and test. Both source code and compiled .ex4/.ex5 files are also available via Github.

• 👍
Reactions: jagg
Jan 13, 2022
How can I create a Signals module of the Market profile indicator for MT5 Wizard?
Post automatically merged:

How can I create a Signals module of the Market profile indicator for MT5 Wizard?

Bilal8812

Trader
Feb 13, 2022
I Love This Indicator Thanks To Provide Us A Unique Thing For Us If You Have More Staff of Market Profile I mean Indicators Then Share Me I will Must try Your Hard Work Thanks I am Market Profile Trader

qwepoi123

May 20, 2021
1.Can zigzag mode be added to the session? 2.Can I join VWAP ?thank you

Attachments

• QQ截图20220222152047.png
    QQ截图20220222152047.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 10
  • QQ截图20220222152524.png
    QQ截图20220222152524.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 7