AfroButterfly

Trader
Jul 27, 2021
Hello community,

I have downloaded and applied AP to my account. I compiled the appropriate files and wanted to test out just a few of the parameters at a time to truly understand AP as an EA.

Thus far I have worked on applying the 'Close % of positions' set to 100% (so I am expecting all positions to close if any triggers are set off)

'Delete all pending orders' is checked. So I am expecting all pendings to be deleted based on the time parameter I set on the Main tab.

On the Main tab, I have the day set to Friday, broker time at 2315 , so based on that, I expect All pending orders to be deleted on Friday at 415pm EST. (Whereas, if I had the day set to Any, then, the pendings would delete daily at 415pm)

I have questions about DoNotResetConditions and DoNotResetActions. Is that based on the time parameter set on the Main time. For example, if they are both checked to true, and the time is set to Any Day, is it at the daily candle opening that everything resets, or is that based on being ticked to false?

Additionally, all of the metrics I am interested in mainly are surrounding the %, as opposed to a dollar amount or the equity. So I have all the input parameters with a % set to false.

For floating loss rises %, how does that compare to floating loss rises to %, and which would I need to use to close all active orders if I wanted everything to shut down if floating loss hit -2%?

I'll start there.

Thank you for your assistance.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I had the settings set to close all trades and disable auto trading. But still, some of the trades went on beyond the equity in currency that I set. Lost two funded traded challenges because of that. May I know what I could have missed?
It's hard to tell without seeing the AP's log file (log.txt by default) and the related Experts/Journal tab logs. However, I can guess that you were using it with some other EA doing the actual trading, right? If so, it could happen so that after the AP closed all the trade, but before it disabled AutoTrading, that other EA opened some new trades.

m4n0

Trader
Aug 22, 2021
It's hard to tell without seeing the AP's log file (log.txt by default) and the related Experts/Journal tab logs. However, I can guess that you were using it with some other EA doing the actual trading, right? If so, it could happen so that after the AP closed all the trade, but before it disabled AutoTrading, that other EA opened some new trades.
Fine. So how can I make sure that there are no trades taken after the equity has been breached? Should I turn on Autotrading so that it monitors and autocloses them?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
On the Main tab, I have the day set to Friday, broker time at 2315 , so based on that, I expect All pending orders to be deleted on Friday at 415pm EST. (Whereas, if I had the day set to Any, then, the pendings would delete daily at 415pm)
That's true if the difference between EST and your trading server is 7 hours.

I have questions about DoNotResetConditions and DoNotResetActions. Is that based on the time parameter set on the Main time. For example, if they are both checked to true, and the time is set to Any Day, is it at the daily candle opening that everything resets, or is that based on being ticked to false?
If DoNotResetConditions is set to true, then conditions won't get reset after triggering (i.e., the checkboxes on the Conditions tab will remain checked). However, the timer is not a condition - it is a separate facility and it is not affected by the DoNotResetConditions input parameter.

If DoNotResetActions is set to true, then actions won't get reset after triggering (i.e., the checkboxes on the Action tab will remain checked). So, if you have DoNotResetActions set to true and then your timer event is triggered, the actions are performed but theit checkboxes aren't reset, so if you have some conditions set up, they can still trigger the same actions.
For floating loss rises %, how does that compare to floating loss rises to %, and which would I need to use to close all active orders if I wanted everything to shut down if floating loss hit -2%?
You might need to reword the first part of your question... As for the floating loss hitting "-2%", I believe you actually mean "2%"? Because a loss of -2% is the same as profit of 2%, no? The "Floating loss rises to %" is what you need here I think.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Fine. So how can I make sure that there are no trades taken after the equity has been breached? Should I turn on Autotrading so that it monitors and autocloses them?
Unfortunately, there is no good solution for this. If your other EA is trigger-happy, meaning that it will attempt to open a trade immediately if it detects that there is no trade currently open, then there is little the Account Protector can do with that.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
But this one worked - https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/32404 Why I was not working with it because it only works on demo accounts. The drawback was that it opened trades after the equity goal but the losses were like 0.01% not huge. Is it possible to apply the same rule?
Sorry, but I don't understand what worked and what not and who opened those trades? You still didn't even confirm or deny what were those trades that remained after the AP triggered and disabled AutoTrading - were they trades that had been opened earlier or were they trades that had been opened by some other EA between AP triggering and it disabling AutoTrading.

It is difficult to provide support without knowing crucial information about what is happening, what results you are expecting to get, and what setup you are using.

m4n0

Trader
Aug 22, 2021
Okay. Seems like a pretty awesome tool when you get used to it but is there a way to not allow the other EAs to even open the trades after the condition is triggered? Right now, it is taking the orders from other EAs and immediately closing them. This results in small losses.

1630557221992.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Okay. Seems like a pretty awesome tool when you get used to it but is there a way to not allow the other EAs to even open the trades after the condition is triggered? Right now, it is taking the orders from other EAs and immediately closing them. This results in small losses.

View attachment 19074
You could change the actions to "Disable autotrading" only. This would prevent any order opening after the condition is triggered, but you would have to close the orders manually after this.

Artattack

Trader
Feb 5, 2021
Hi.
Thank you for this wonderful tool. Over the years I have used it many times and in many ways.
One thing I dont seem to be able to do easily is to disable auto trading if Margin Level falls below 200% for example there does not seem to be a setting that covers Margin Level.

Thank you.
Arthur.

Artattack

Trader
Feb 5, 2021
@Artattack No, there are no conditions for margin levels, but there are conditions for absolute margin value.
Thanks Enivid for getting back.
I can work around it using free margin, but it does involve some manual calculations in order to find the 200% Margin Level.
Thanks anyway for clearing it up.
Arthur.

Criptofuture

Sep 24, 2021
I everyone, Im new here. I downloaded the files and wanted to make a couple of modifications. I sent the files to a programmer but he tells me that mqh file has 100 errors when compiling. I tried by myself and had the same issue, mq4 file has no problem compiling but mqh has 100 errors. Does anybody has the same problem? What is to be done on this case?

Thank you for your help!

Criptofuture
1632520349365.png1632520373757.png

Criptofuture

Sep 24, 2021
Im hiring a programmer to modify the EA. He tells me he needs to make the modifications there and it shouldnt have errors. Is that correct?

peterpies

Trader
Mar 18, 2019
Im hiring a programmer to modify the EA. He tells me he needs to make the modifications there and it shouldnt have errors. Is that correct?
He doesn't sound like a very good programmer,

You don't compile a .mqh file, you save it.

You compile the .mq4 file, which also needs the .mqh file.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
It doesn't matter if there are compilation errors when you try to compile the .mqh file because you don't need to compile the .mqh file.