How difficult forex trading is for you?

JavierTrader1

Nov 20, 2020
Learning to trade Forex profitably CAN be very easy to learn. The day to day activities of trading are very easy to learn. If you surf the Internet and send email, you probably have all the computer skills you need to trade. But that does not mean being a profitable trader is EASY. The difficulty in learning how to trade Forex comes from the EMOTIONS involved of putting real money at risk under live market conditions.
The truth is, most people are taught to trade time for money. Put in x number of hours, you get paid y. Nothing wrong with that, except that is not what you are doing as a Forex trader. This means most people are unprepared mentally. In order to trade Forex profitably you need to take the mindset of an investor. Not a make money mindset. Not a gambling mindset. But an investor mindset. [URL deleted]
Investing does not work like that. You need to look at things in the long term. The biggest obstacle is learning how to deal with losses. Because, as with any investment, you money can go UP or DOWN. It is this downward movement that presents the most problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Resolve

Master Trader
Dec 7, 2013
Learning to trade Forex profitably CAN be very easy to learn. The day to day activities of trading are very easy to learn. If you surf the Internet and send email, you probably have all the computer skills you need to trade. But that does not mean being a profitable trader is EASY. The difficulty in learning how to trade Forex comes from the EMOTIONS involved of putting real money at risk under live market conditions.
The truth is, most people are taught to trade time for money. Put in x number of hours, you get paid y. Nothing wrong with that, except that is not what you are doing as a Forex trader. This means most people are unprepared mentally. In order to trade Forex profitably you need to take the mindset of an investor. Not a make money mindset. Not a gambling mindset. But an investor mindset. [URL deleted]
Investing does not work like that. You need to look at things in the long term. The biggest obstacle is learning how to deal with losses. Because, as with any investment, you money can go UP or DOWN. It is this downward movement that presents the most problems.
If you will learn about the market trends then you can gain profits.

ziggler

Banned
Feb 28, 2017
If you will learn about the market trends then you can gain profits.
Learn the market trend ? Nope i would rather say learn how to flow with the move. If you don't know how to flow with the move and start trying to know where would be the trend it wont works. A real fact is that market is not predictable.

Petrick Liman

Trader
Nov 22, 2020
Learn the market trend ? Nope i would rather say learn how to flow with the move. If you don't know how to flow with the move and start trying to know where would be the trend it wont works. A real fact is that market is not predictable.
Indeed! Some people are like ooooh, i know 100% where the market will go and then they just fail. It's unpredictable indeed.

ziggler

Banned
Feb 28, 2017
Indeed! Some people are like ooooh, i know 100% where the market will go and then they just fail. It's unpredictable indeed.
Thanks for agreeing with me bro.
100% indeed one more fact is that nothing in this world and anything is 100%. So i would say people should focus how to use tools more effectively to get better outcome. At least this is what in our hand.

dw260307

Trader
Dec 3, 2020
AS i'm Intra-day trader and know very well that I always open trade on support and resistance but i didn't look too much on news that's why i bear loss. Moreover, for long term trading i didn't have enough balance big make stop loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
AS i'm Intra-day trader and know very well that I always open trade on support and resistance but i didn't look too much on news that's why i bear loss. Moreover, for long term trading i didn't have enough balance big make stop loss.
Looking at the news is a very important aspect. Fxstreet is a good place for news.

danielbro

Trader
Nov 26, 2020
It was very stressful when I started off, it was hectic and confusing, but with my constant learning and understanding more and more on forex concepts with demo trading, I just got hang of it and got better in time. I would say that it took me few years to be able to make a good profit.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
I still find it stressful. To be honest, I doubt I will ever stop finding it stressful. That said, I also find it quite fulfilling.

EllaHamilton

Trader
Dec 16, 2020
At first, trading forex was incredibly difficult, there are too many aspects and terms to learn, it will take a lot of time and money to learn from scratch. Fortunately, a broker I know worked hard to teach me this trade. With someone's help, trading becomes much easier, and it's incredibly stressful every time: D

• 👍
Reactions: Jerry_Ken

Jerry_Ken

Trader
Dec 11, 2020
It's just how I am, I guess. I stress over everything, forex is just part of it.
You are right. Its okay to be stressed as a trader, however it shouldn't be overpowering. Plus i believe trading is not difficult. It's all about practicing, enhancing your skills and bringing in some consistency which does call for a lot of patience.

• 👍
Reactions: e_abrams

Todor

Trader
Dec 16, 2020
I agree about that. There is a difference between acknowledging your fear and letting it rule you.
Even if you have acknowledged some issue, you have won to some extent. First acknowledge it and then work on it, that is how you overcome/achieve something.

• 👍
Reactions: e_abrams

charmtolucky

Trader
Dec 15, 2020
Everything seems difficult, until you know how to do it. Forex is exactly similar.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Even if you have acknowledged some issue, you have won to some extent. First acknowledge it and then work on it, that is how you overcome/achieve something.
In a way, yes. Acknowledgement is just the first step though, the next steps are just as important.