mangucp3

Trader
Aug 27, 2020
I have been trying out this EA to do two things but only one has been working. I have been setting the profit value (pips) to move SL to breakeven = 300 and this has been working just fine. However, I also want the EA to close out 30% of the trade when I am in profit this amount too. So in the conditions tab I set the Floating profit rises to pips = 300 as well and in the Actions tab i set the first action to Close 30% of profitable positions' volume but the EA has not been closing out 30% for some reason. Do you have any idea where I may be going wrong? I get no alerts and the status says ok.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@mangucp3 Sorry, but I cannot reproduce it. Do you take into account that the trailing SL takes into account separate positions (so, if one position has +300 pips it will move the SL for it), while the Floating profit rises to pips = 300 calculates total profit across all currently open positions (so, if one position has +300 pips and another one has -50 pips, it won't trigger)?

TradeBull

Trader
May 22, 2020
First many thanks for this amazing EA, it's always there in every MT4 setups I have.

I have a question. Do you know why my settings in AP resets every time VPS or MT4 restarts. I have to insert the settings for conditions and actions. Is the settings for the main window like condition and action saved anywhere or am I missing something. My settings is not saved in MT4 profile or in expert setfile. Hope you can help.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@TradeBull That shouldn't be happening. The settings are stored in txt files inside your MQL4/Files/ folder. Does it get wiped when MT4 is restarted?

EDIT: Also, what does it say in the Experts tab when you reopen MT4? Does it say anything about loading settings file?

TradeBull

Trader
May 22, 2020
No i does not get wiped when I close and restart MT4 but when I change profile it does get wiped. So it has something to do with the profile.
When I change profile it say No Condition Set

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
No i does not get wiped when I close and restart MT4 but when I change profile it does get wiped. So it has something to do with the profile.
When I change profile it say No Condition Set
Expert advisors are automatically removed from charts when profiles are switched, this triggers deletion of the settings file.

Nathan.Küster

Master Trader
Apr 28, 2018
Brazil
Suggestion:: add feature to disable automated trading x minutes before the news and enable x minutes after the news.

Are there any news and economic calendar indicators on this forum?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Suggestion:: add feature to disable automated trading x minutes before the news and enable x minutes after the news.

Are there any news and economic calendar indicators on this forum?
You can use Timer for that. You can also use our AutoTrading Scheduler EA if you want a more complex schedule.

Mubi9000

Trader
Sep 16, 2020
Hi Enivid I wanted to ask if its possible to have an ex4 file for the expert advisor because my MT4 doesn't let me place mq4 files over the charts

Mubi9000

Trader
Sep 16, 2020
@Enivid Thank you that worked I have one more question for the conditions is it okay to put two conditions at the same time for different actions for example i want to put a disable auto trading action on the condition that the free margin goes below $100 and i want to put a enable auto trading action on the condition that my free margin goes over $101

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You have to attach two separate Account Protectors to two different charts in your platform for that to work. One will have the disable AutoTrading action and the respective condition, while the other one will have the enable AutoTrading action and the respective condition.

Trendy

Trader
Oct 3, 2019
Hi Envid

Is it possible to add one extra new input to the "conditions" tab ?
That input would be = "Price level"
I trade narrow grid ranges on the gold charts.
It would be very useful if I could setup the protector EA using price levels as a trigger for a condition.
Any chance that this could be added to this already amazing EA ?

Regards,
Howard