WRB Hidden Gap

Rainmaker

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
Hello Andriy Moraru and Enivid,

Could you please help us, traders, once again.?

I am looking to get an identifier added to the WRB indicator.

It will allow for multiple instances of the indicator to be applied to the chart without it conflicting with one another.

This is highly important in separating certain signals the market gives in regards to contraction and expansion.

Thank you very much.

And I would like to wish you both and everyone here on EarnForex a Happy Holiday and Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy!

Attachments

• WRB-Hidden-Gap.mq4
    11.5 KB · Views: 21

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Rainmaker I will consider adding this in the future. In the meantime, you can just replace this source code section:
MQL4:
#define UNFILLED_PREFIX "HG_UNFILLED_"
#define FILLED_PREFIX "HG_FILLED_"
#define PREFIX "HG_"
with this:
MQL4:
extern string UNFILLED_PREFIX = "HG_UNFILLED_";
extern string FILLED_PREFIX = "HG_FILLED_";
extern string PREFIX = "HG_";
and it will work.

Rainmaker

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
@Rainmaker I will consider adding this in the future. In the meantime, you can just replace this source code section:
MQL4:
#define UNFILLED_PREFIX "HG_UNFILLED_"
#define FILLED_PREFIX "HG_FILLED_"
#define PREFIX "HG_"
with this:
MQL4:
extern string UNFILLED_PREFIX = "HG_UNFILLED_";
extern string FILLED_PREFIX = "HG_FILLED_";
extern string PREFIX = "HG_";
and it will work.
Thank you Enivid. I am testing it now. I wish you a happy holiday and a great rest of the week.

Much appreciated. Again thank you for your time and help.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

Sahan

Apr 8, 2021
Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful work you are doing in this website. I just need to clarify some things regarding the WRB Hidden Gap Indicator so that I can use it for my Supply and Demand Trading Strategy.
In this indicator, I assume that a gap is shown when there is a significant pip difference between two consecutive tick data points which is located within a WRB Candle. If so,
1. Can I know the default pip value or what is the other equation used for this gap difference in this indicator?
2. Is it possible if we can manually put that pip (pipette would be more ideal) difference as an input to the indicator.

Thank You

• 👍
Reactions: LXX

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Sahan, no it doesn't do anything like that. All it does is checking whether a bar is unusually long (WRB) and if it is, it checks whether there is a gap between its two immediate neighbor bars, and if there is it marks it as a Hidden Gap.

Sahan

Apr 8, 2021
@Sahan, no it doesn't do anything like that. All it does is checking whether a bar is unusually long (WRB) and if it is, it checks whether there is a gap between its two immediate neighbor bars, and if there is it marks it as a Hidden Gap.
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Is there any known indicator which shows gaps which are within candles. Because we only see gaps if it only occurs in the instance where the next candles begins. There could be much larger gaps within the candles. Specially in the Forex market, due to high liquidity such gaps are almost cannot be seen. Hope you can take it into consideration.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Sahan

Apr 8, 2021
This can be coded but it will only work in MetaTrader 5 and only if the trading server provides enough historical tick
This can be coded but it will only work in MetaTrader 5 and only if the trading server provides enough historical tick data.
I think it will be okay even if is only limited to MT5 because it will help many traders to locate unfilled gaps within candles. And if the indicator is run in a live chart all the time then history tick data will not be required I think. For tick data I think a trader can use something such as 'tickstory' to obtain those data.

Marko123

Trader
Mar 19, 2019
Hi
Can I firstly thank all coders on here so much. Can someone help with my request to further enhance this WRB Hidden Gap indicator.
I would like all timeframe WRB HG's displayed in the same chart with different colours and labels on the right hand side if possible - H1/M15 etc with an option to show/hide each. So -
Show M1 - true/false
Show M5 - true/false
Show M15 - true/false
Show M30 - true/false
Show H1 - true/false
...ETC ETC.

Also - when a WRB Hidden Gap is totally filled please can that filled area be deleted off the screen?

I am happy to contribute.

Regards.

Mark

Attachments

• WRB-Hidden-Gap-Alerts.mq4
    11.5 KB · Views: 23

Rainmaker

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
@Marko123 I like your idea above. I was just coming to this forum to ask for something similar. One thing I want to note is that erasing the prior "filled" gaps hurts the analysis. It is important to know if a new "Hidden Gap" was formed while "filling " a past one. It shows the strength and psychology of the major market participants and gives a trader another qualitative "edge" when grading new "Hidden Gaps" for supply/demand levels.

I would suggest we keep the old levels in play.

@Enivid , do you think this request is possible for MT4? If so, can you help?

From all the traders around the globe. Thank you for your help. Sincerely.

@Envid P.S. I have attached the indicator that you helped me recode to allow multiple instances of the same indicator without interference by adding an identifier.

Attachments

• WRB-Hidden-Gap.mq4
    23 KB · Views: 14

Rainmaker

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
@Rainmaker I will consider adding this.
@Enivid, Thank you for your consideration. And your time when you decide to help us traders.

I think a MTF WRB HG indicator is long overdue and will help with analysis and time saving.

Again, @Enivid, thank you.

Let me know if there is anything I can do in return. I've already been spreading the word about the quality of this site.

Happy weekend.

krazi

Trader
Nov 30, 2021
How would the multi-timeframe work for it?
Higher time WRB HGs would be visible on a lower time frame chart. For example, when I'm on an hourly chart, I'd like to be able to see the daily WRB HGs. In summary, the ability to toggle one or more WRB time frames is what I'd like to see. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Loneblade

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Higher time WRB HGs would be visible on a lower time frame chart. For example, when I'm on an hourly chart, I'd like to be able to see the daily WRB HGs. In summary, the ability to toggle one or more WRB time frames is what I'd like to see. Does that make sense?
OK, I'll consider adding MTF support in the next version.

• 👍
Reactions: Loneblade