bkmen227

Trader
Sep 29, 2022
Thank you so much for making this indicator. Its truly wonderful. I have just started using it recently and I am curious about whether or not this is a repainting indicator. I think I may have noticed a repaint 2 days ago but I'm not sure if my brain is playing tricks on me.

Last edited:

bkmen227

Trader
Sep 29, 2022
No, Supertrend isn't a repainting indicator. The only bar that is repainting is the latest (current) bar that doesn't have a fixed Close yet.
Thanks for your respond and yes that makes sense, it did happen on the current bar. So if I wanted to trade in the direction of the trend, I should really be looking at the start of the next candle, if the supertrend remains the same then that should be my confirmation. Is that correct?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thanks for your respond and yes that makes sense, it did happen on the current bar. So if I wanted to trade in the direction of the trend, I should really be looking at the start of the next candle, if the supertrend remains the same then that should be my confirmation. Is that correct?
Yes, that's how it should work with all indicators that are based on the Close prices.

• 👍
Reactions: bkmen227

Ohhshnapps

Trader
May 2, 2023
Is there a way to properly backtest this indicator? I use soft4x, although when I attach this indicator to my simulation the indicator doesn’t work.

Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Is there a way to properly backtest this indicator? I use soft4x, although when I attach this indicator to my simulation the indicator doesn’t work

Thanks!

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there a way to properly backtest this indicator? I use soft4x, although when I attach this indicator to my simulation the indicator doesn’t work.

Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Is there a way to properly backtest this indicator? I use soft4x, although when I attach this indicator to my simulation the indicator doesn’t work

Thanks!
You can backtest it in MT5's Strategy Tester.

Ohhshnapps

Trader
May 2, 2023
They are chart objects. You cannot access them via indicator buffers, but you can code the EA to find the objects and read their values.

Ok thanks! I've been trying to get an EA to properly read the chart objects but I can't seem to get it right. I am using a indicator automater thats able to read objects but I think I am putting in the wrong inputs.

Attachments

• Screenshot (85).png
    Screenshot (85).png
    9.8 KB · Views: 4

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Ok thanks! I've been trying to get an EA to properly read the chart objects but I can't seem to get it right. I am using a indicator automater thats able to read objects but I think I am putting in the wrong inputs.
I am not familiar with the indicator automater, but it looks like you've entered wrong object names (fields 13-14). The names for Up and Down arrows don't differ with this indicator. Only colors differ. I guess, you just need to leave '-ARWS-' in those fields.

eddyjr

Nov 7, 2023
Hello sir, please I downloaded the MT4 Supertrend Multi-Timeframe indicator but is not showing up mt4 on the live chart...?