When did you start trading?

TW153

Banned
Mar 14, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I started demo trading about a year ago. I took my time learning strategies and figuring out what I was actually doing. I shopped around a lot and did research to find a good broker that's regulated, has low spreads, good execution, etc., and then I went live.

AsiaDev

Trader
Mar 10, 2013
It is more than 1 year when I started trading . 2 years before I was totally blind about forex trading . I read about forex on web . I develop interest in it. Then I start demo trading. After 2 months practice I was connected to real market.It was not the right time to start forex with low learning and practice. I face great loss then I came back to practice again. Now I am doing some good work in forex.

Last edited:

fx4ever

Active Trader
Mar 22, 2013
I have been a trader for 2 years. I know it is very small time compare to other traders in forex trading as I know some members are trading for more than 20 years. I am trying to improve my trading skill day by day.

herculesfx

Trader
Mar 20, 2013
Brazil
I trade at start 2 years on demo till I started to be consequently profitable; now from 4 years I don't loose money and some times have good +500pips week
happy trading everyone !!!!
ps
loosing is normal part of game !

jeremiahkn

Trader
Apr 16, 2013
I started in 2006, so that's 7 painful years, as during those times a had lost too much money due to stupidity, lack of knowledge, naif etc etc, if i can go back in time i would not have trusted those forex gurus or bought those non-sense trading course, e-books, forex eas etc etc etc, too many to mention.

However i am glad that i didn't give up, as since last year i can now start making profit, hopefully i can get back what i have lost from forex industry.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I started about four months ago so I am very new. I spend about two months before that educating myself and reading as much as I could about it. I guess you can say I have been around for a total of six months.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
A new trader should start from demo (virtual money) account . Then proceed to very small real account (less than $100 or how much else you can easily afford to lose). Only after a long-term success with a small real account it's recommended to switch to big deposits. My real account was less than $100 when I first switched from demo.

Hello:

I started trading several years ago - trading like most other rookies would do. In time, I got frustrated and decided to leave and go face the hard world outside. Then I began to come across market wizards, whose principles have helped me a lot. I'm now happy I'm a trader.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Hello:

I started trading several years ago - trading like most other rookies would do. In time, I got frustrated and decided to leave and go face the hard world outside. Then I began to come across market wizards, whose principles have helped me a lot. I'm now happy I'm a trader.

Who are those market wizards you mention? I did not know trading has to do with magic :eek:

SamForexTrader

Active Trader
Sep 24, 2012
UK
www.ifcmarkets.com
I started 6 months ago, first I opened a demo account and traded there together with it studying Forex market, then 6 months later I opened a real account and funded it with little money, kind of 10USD in order to get live practice. No need to say that demo greatly differs from real, your emotions change, you begin losing money though you thought that you already had enough practice for making profits.

titueye1901

Trader
May 11, 2013
Started in 2007 with a live account thinking it was easy - still feel out like laughin' out loud everytime I think about it. But to be fair, used my losses to motivate and educate myselfabt the market and now..worth every penny!

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Started in 2007 with a live account thinking it was easy - still feel out like laughin' out loud everytime I think about it. But to be fair, used my losses to motivate and educate myselfabt the market and now..worth every penny!

It was the right choice and you learned something. I would view it more like the price paid for your forex education.