When did you start trading?

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
I am still thinking about making the big JUMP.
Still studying the ground! :)

Good to see that you are taking your time to enter the Forex world mate. You should learn and understand Forex before you step in. I would suggest you to open a Demo Account first and start trading as this will be a practice for you and you will also understand the trading strategies. Good luck! :D

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
I think i need much more knowledge before starting it

That a good spirit. You should take all the time you need to start with Forex. Be well prepared and learn all the basic and necessary factors that should be considered in Forex. I wish you the best in this Industry.

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
I started trading as a part time trader 2 years ago, won some and lost some. I used a demo account for about 6 months and did very very well, as soon as I went live I did terrible :(
Hans

I can understand you as this is what really happen with me at first. It was not just success that followed when i began to trade in Live Account. However, i am still trading as i have set my target to earn a little in this market. We should also learn from our mistakes and losses sometime. :eek:

SamuraiTrader

Trader
Oct 7, 2012
www.samuraiforextrading.com
I started almost ten years ago now. For the first couple years I mostly dabbled, trading H4 and Daily with purely candlestick based methods. Pretty simple stuff, but somewhat effective.

Then I got serious and over the next couple years transitioned into being a professional trader, which I have been doing for about six years now (but still with other secondary sources of income to supplement it). I don't really trade any of those old methods any more, but they were still a useful stepping stone to today and a part of my trading foundation.

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
10 years trading Forex is a very good experience for me. I have been trading nearly a year now and am still learning everyday about Forex. You have seen almost every changes in Forex and am sure you can still use your old methods to trade Forex. However, where can you put yourself in the last 10 years trading forex??

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
A new trader should start from demo (virtual money) account . Then proceed to very small real account (less than $100 or how much else you can easily afford to lose). Only after a long-term success with a small real account it's recommended to switch to big deposits. My real account was less than $100 when I first switched from demo.

That a very good idea and i would also suggest newbie to always try this if they want success in Forex. Demo account is the best practice anyone can have regarding Forex!

Samuel23

Banned
Apr 20, 2012
At what level have you reached in Forex now?? Is thing going good and are you able to get some money or lots of money in this market. Becoming a trader is easy but becoming an expert trader is very difficult.

Andru

Trader
Oct 17, 2012
A new trader should start from demo (virtual money) account . Then proceed to very small real account (less than $100 or how much else you can easily afford to lose). Only after a long-term success with a small real account it's recommended to switch to big deposits. My real account was less than $100 when I first switched from demo.

demo version has different condition and it is not similar to real market

candle7779

Banned
Sep 27, 2012
Well, I'm newbie here. And I have started trading with own money recently. So I have no much experience but that orders which I had were rather successful. So I've decided to continue trading on Forex.

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
I've started trading in 1991.

At that time, orders were being relayed by phone or (wondrous new hightech invention!) fax.
There was no leverage at that time, and no mini lots, so a well-funded account was needed to trade.

Technical analysis sometimes required the drawing of lines on paper print-outs, and generating Fib levels meant you needed to understand the underlying maths plus a good calculator.

A simple charting system, which even the greenest newbie trader would find laughable today, would cost thousands to purchase or hundreds in monthly subscription.

Nowadays, with highspeed internet connections in even thirld world countries and countless free tools, things have become much easier.

But sometimes I remember making Deutschmark/FrenchFranc or USD/ItalianLira trades, and I smile ... :)

Cheers,
P.

krecex

Trader
Oct 8, 2012
I start trading in 2008 and I got 3 different account in 3 different broker. Agea, Instaforex and Hotforex. I like them.

GTOptions

Banned
Mar 10, 2012
I started trading just 3 years back. Broker plays an important role in providing gain to his clients. My broker also did well and he is working with me from the starting. Finding a good broker is difficult and time taking.

Maria08

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
Well, its a long long ago when I started learning forex and then I realize that how much money can I earn from this field and how much money left in this market for me, so to pick that money from forex market I am still in forex market, and will only leave this platform after achieving my goals.