When did you start trading?

dojo

Trader
Sep 21, 2011
I had an attempt last year and it didn't really work. Truth be told I have a lot on my plate as a web designer and owner of various personal sites, so my learning time was pretty scarce. Did you guys start trading earlier? How early?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I've started back in August 2005. My first demo and real accounts were with Marketiva broker. It's probably because of this broker I've decided to give Forex a try, it was so easy to join them and open an account back then.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
I started in 2005 also, but I chased my tail til about 2007. If your strapped for time I might suggest just trading the daily/weekly charts. If your around a PC but just dont have the time you might be able to trade 4hr charts. I have a full time job and trade daily/weekly mostly.

Forex scalper

Trader
Oct 1, 2011
I had an attempt last year and it didn't really work. Truth be told I have a lot on my plate as a web designer and owner of various personal sites, so my learning time was pretty scarce. Did you guys start trading earlier? How early?

I have started in 2008 :D .. it was very hard once you are new and the market is so volatile .. + in that time was fundamental trading much more important than technical trading strategy, so i learnt lot of about fundamentals and news scalping and once the market was quiet i had to learn again - the technical trading strategy .. but it give me a lot, once you can trade fundamental way and technical way ;)

mr.gardner

Trader
Mar 14, 2012
I have started before 6 years and I crashed the account in one dayJ But I never give up! I think there are a lot of opportunities to make money on the financial markets. It is up to a lot of practice and I am sure one day I will make a lot of money trading on FOREX !

Good Luck.

JoogleGJ

Trader
Jul 11, 2011
I’ve started in 2010. I had many demo accounts with many forex brokers, like FOREX, FXCM, etc. My first real account was with Profiforex. It is because this broker provides the micro account to trader and minimum deposit is 1$.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Started in 2007 with a live account thinking it was easy - still feel out like laughin' out loud everytime I think about it. But to be fair, used my losses to motivate and educate myself abt the market and now..worth every penny!

Apr 18, 2012
A new trader should start from demo (virtual money) account . Then proceed to very small real account (less than $100 or how much else you can easily afford to lose). Only after a long-term success with a small real account it's recommended to switch to big deposits. My real account was less than $100 when I first switched from demo.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
I was into a lot of online gigs,PTC hyip binary etc. and during that time i been seeing a lot of frex ads, and charts, at first i thought they where like surveys or something LOL. but then i stumbled upon etoro, and started reading about forex in some known forums, and i said why not give it a shot, I had my share of scams with online money making, so i was practicing with demo accounts for months, and slowly let go of my other gigs with very small profit and opened a live account with hotforex, it was recommended to my by a fellow trader from a local forum and there, never had any regrets in joining forex trading :D

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
I was into a lot of online gigs,PTC hyip binary etc. and during that time i been seeing a lot of frex ads, and charts, at first i thought they where like surveys or something LOL. but then i stumbled upon etoro, and started reading about forex in some known forums, and i said why not give it a shot, I had my share of scams with online money making, so i was practicing with demo accounts for months, and slowly let go of my other gigs with very small profit and opened a live account with hotforex, it was recommended to my by a fellow trader from a local forum and there, never had any regrets in joining forex trading :D

Most of those things including the PTC NYIP are scams and we must make sure that we stay away from them.

Where as in the Forex we are dealing with the real markets so the stability of this model of earnings is for a life time.

omorsharif

Trader
Apr 27, 2012
London
fxcashzone.com
I’ve started in 2008. I started with real account without any proper knowledge and after few days it crashed. My first real account was with instaforex. It is because this broker provides the nano account to trader and minimum deposit is 1$.

UWC Neeraj

Active Trader
Apr 27, 2012
Cyprus
A new trader should start from demo (virtual money) account . Then proceed to very small real account (less than $100 or how much else you can easily afford to lose). Only after a long-term success with a small real account it's recommended to switch to big deposits. My real account was less than $100 when I first switched from demo.

Starting is not easy and we have to keep this in mind while learning from the Demo trading.

Those traders who have the patience and the will power to get the success will eventually become one day.

lyn.forex

Trader
Apr 30, 2012
I started trading since 2008. From the start, I have been using Trade Copier so far I do not have any problem and very happy. At first, it was very hard, and then i get the hang of it.

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
I started in 2009 with etrade forex (which ceased to operate) and dbfx. I didn't start with a demo account its the biggest mistake i can make...

Using the Demo accounts in the starting of the Forex trading career can help reduce the initial mistakes that any trader makes.

This also serves as a learning point for the further development of his trading career.

Alchemist

Active Trader
May 2, 2012
England
www.alchemistforex.com
Using the Demo accounts in the starting of the Forex trading career can help reduce the initial mistakes that any trader makes.

This also serves as a learning point for the further development of his trading career.

I agree. Far too many new traders jump into live trading before they are ready. Demo trading is an essential part of the learning process, and traders should not even consider live trading until they have mastered it.

zaree

Trader
May 18, 2012
i have started for ex trading today.today is my first day i am as new here as a child is in his school first time.