Did you start out in forex?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I know there are a lot of different traders, but I was wondering if you started trading in the forex market or did you initially trade other asset classes before you ventured out into the forex market?

Personally I started out trading equities before I decided to add forex trading to my overall portfolio. I having previous trading experience sped up my learning curve as I developed my forex trading strategy as it is obvious that trading forex is different than trading equities at least in my opinion as well as experience.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Interesting route, I think most did it the other way around given the surge in popularity of binary options. I did not know they were around back in 2001.

BlindFA

Trader
Apr 29, 2013
I went straight into forex personally. I don't quite know why. I used to play a TON of online poker back in the days. Then many professional poker players started switching to forex trading and I guess I got sucked in with them.

I tried a few times to trade other things than forex, but never really got interested enough to put in the work to trade something else. I love forex and I don't think I'll trade anything else for a long while.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Of course, they had them in 2001. Binary options are much older than that. It is just that recently many brokers started to appear and market the product aggressively, so it looks relatively new.

True, and their ads are terribly misleading. Great newbie trap.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
FOrex is my first financial business .Idid not work with any market before it. I find it easy to understand . I develop trrading skills slowly withpractice on demo account. Now I am doing real trading . It is givig me sufficient profit.

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
For me, I started trading due to my friend, who taught me how to trade and suggested that I can earn big money.

xProphet

Active Trader
Jul 27, 2013
Occupying Wall Steet.
Like i said in my Intro. I started with Stocks and Stock options. Binary Options and the ability to day trade without needing 25k in an account was the Forex selling point.

michael77

Trader
Aug 5, 2013
If you have previous experience of trading equities then it would be helpful to understand the Forex market much more faster than those who do not have any kind of experience, but Forex is such a market where there is no possibility to manipulate by the third party. If you want to sustain in this market and make profit then you need to learn this depend on your own strategy. You also need to improve your analyzing power regarding this market.