What money did you start Forex trading with?

Astro_Forex

Trader
May 11, 2012
A new trader should start from demo (virtual money) account :). Then proceed to very small real account (less than $100 or how much else you can easily afford to lose). Only after a long-term success with a small real account it's recommended to switch to big deposits. My real account was less than $100 when I first switched from demo.
So I got a second job to pay the 10,000$ loan used to fund my real account for nothing? I should have listened back then to my granny in 1980 and buy apple stocks. :D

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
So I got a second job to pay the 10,000$ loan used to fund my real account for nothing? I should have listened back then to my granny in 1980 and buy apple stocks. :D

It is not advisable to take any loan for forex trading even if the Forex business is started with low funds it is ok :D

Apr 18, 2012
If you have never traded before the simple answer to your question is NONE! You should be practicing on a demo account for several months at least, before you try real money. But I know how you will likely feel, because I felt the same, you want to try it with real money. Some how real money makes the whole job more worth while. The decision is yours when you want to start trading real money, but be prepared to lose it all.

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
I haven't started trading live yet, but aim to in a few months after over a year of demoing several platforms. When I go live, I will be starting very small as the learning will continue for some time. Can't learn everything in demo and from what i've been told its a good idea to start small when live until you get a feel for trading real cash.

I will advise you to do Demo trading for a period of 3 months. By that time you will have a good knowledge and will know how much skills you have developed and how much you need:D

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
My first live account was funded with $50. It was a micro-account and I only traded 0.01 lots. After I had $150 I decided to fund it more.