News Trader

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Yeah, the whole purpose of this EA is that you lose one trade, but win the other one. Pending orders will either be skipped or executed with lots of slippage if you try using them on important news announcements.

JJ1357

Aug 5, 2018
But in pending orders the buy or sell may not be executed and there may be no loss. And in the market orders there is already a certain loss.

BluePanther

Trader
Nov 5, 2017
What is the difference between "News Trader" ea and "Amazing" ea? Both trade news...
Also, is there a fully-automated news-trading ea, that uses a calendar to open trades for example?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
What is the difference between "News Trader" ea and "Amazing" ea? Both trade news...
There are many differences, but the main one is that News Trader opens two trades - buy and sell - just before the news announcement, whereas Amazing EA creates a breakout range based on price action immediately before the news announcement.

Also, is there a fully-automated news-trading ea, that uses a calendar to open trades for example?
I've seen an EA like that on ForexFactory but I did not like it.

Sozofx

Trader
Jul 6, 2017
Greeting sir, what is these feature is for? You mean the SL and TP will stop updating after news come out?

PreAdjustSLTP (default = false) — if true, EA will be updating SL and TP values according to the current price after opening positions before news comes out.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
You mean the SL and TP will stop updating after news come out?
If PreAdjustSLTP is false then, SL/TP is not updated at all once the pending orders or positions are set up. If PreAdjustSLTP is true, SL/TP is updated until the news event time is reached. In no case, the SL/TP gets updated after the news event time.

juanandresry

Trader
Feb 10, 2021
Version 1.08 fixes position sizing error when the EA is using pending orders in an MT5 netting mode account with a currency pair that has the same base currency as your account currency. MT4 version wasn't affected by this bug.

Is there any chance you could edit this ea so it can place 2 pending orders (BUY AND SELL Stop) at "X" pips from current price?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is there any chance you could edit this ea so it can place 2 pending orders (BUY AND SELL Stop) at "X" pips from current price?
I could, but it's not a good idea due to slippage and widened spreads. Besides, we already have another news trading EA that does exactly that - Amazing EA.

Mat234

Trader
Jul 27, 2021
It wont triger any trades, i tried diffrent setings and i dont have any more ideas, Im curious what i am missing. I appreciate any help.
Regards