Nov 18, 2020
@Enivid
Good night, I could add the option in "Hours" sessions, being able to add a certain period without being limited by the end of the daily session, so at the beginning of the next session I could start with some areas already marked, on the intraday when the session closes,
I do not have the possibility to place to view the last 2 bookings of the previous day's session.

In that I could put the option of how many simultaneous markings can have on the graph at the same time, I know that on the intraday you can put 4, but I want to continue with at least the last 2 when starting the next session.
I hope I was able to explain my idea properly, my congratulations on the tool, for me it is the most complete one available.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Enivid
Good night, I could add the option in "Hours" sessions, being able to add a certain period without being limited by the end of the daily session, so at the beginning of the next session I could start with some areas already marked, on the intraday when the session closes,
I do not have the possibility to place to view the last 2 bookings of the previous day's session.

In that I could put the option of how many simultaneous markings can have on the graph at the same time, I know that on the intraday you can put 4, but I want to continue with at least the last 2 when starting the next session.
I hope I was able to explain my idea properly, my congratulations on the tool, for me it is the most complete one available.
Sorry, unfortunately, I cannot understand your request.

Nov 18, 2020
@Enivid Good night, you would have the option to be able to expand the lines of the market profile to a specific number of trading sessions, expand example to 2 trading sessions.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Enivid Good night, you would have the option to be able to expand the lines of the market profile to a specific number of trading sessions, expand example to 2 trading sessions.
Do you mean making sessions composed of two days or of two weeks? If so, that can already be achieved using Rectangle sessions.

jagg

Active Trader
Jun 22, 2018
Thanks again for the update... to clarify: the right-to-left histogram feature is only for the 'right-most session'/newest session possible?

jagg

Active Trader
Jun 22, 2018
And I needed a way to change the width/style of the POC/Median line - so I added these lines (left is my changed file)

Attachments

• 2020-12-08_Screenshot_61.png
    2020-12-08_Screenshot_61.png
    59 KB · Views: 20
Nov 18, 2020
@Enivid Regarding the PointMultiplier option, does leaving 0 mean have a more accurate result? Because I perform the marking of support and resistance zones with the top and bottom in the rectangle section and I don't know what the most accurate value would be.

M99199

Active Trader
May 25, 2018
The adaptive point multiplier has definitely helped speed things up rather than manually finding which multiplier to use for a good mix of speed and accuracy. Great addition.

Could you expand a little on how it decides the multiplier to use?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@Enivid Regarding the PointMultiplier option, does leaving 0 mean have a more accurate result? Because I perform the marking of support and resistance zones with the top and bottom in the rectangle section and I don't know what the most accurate value would be.
It is not related to accuracy per se. PointMultiplier only influences the resolution at which the MP blocks are displayed. Ideally, you experiment and choose the lowest value that still provides a satisfactory speed.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Could you expand a little on how it decides the multiplier to use?
It is very simple. It looks at the number of digits in the quote (all digits, not just after the dot). If the number is 5 or less, it uses PointMultiplier of 1 (old default). If it is higher, than it uses 10^(Number - 5), so it is 10 for 6 digits, 100 for 7 digits, and so on. It is very rough and has its drawbacks, but it works well in most cases.

• 👍
Reactions: M99199 and jagg

drfund21

Trader
Jul 18, 2017
Thank you for the indicator but there is an option you have written in text of indicator for rectangular how we can use it?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Thank you for the indicator but there is an option you have written in text of indicator for rectangular how we can use it?
Attach Market Profile to a chart, setting the Session input parameter to Rectangle. Then add a rectangle object to a chart and change its name to "MPR1". It will start drawing a profile.

LoGan_300

Trader
Dec 17, 2020
It would be great if you added this menu
The best market profile indicator I have found on the internet I appreciate it very much

Attachments

• c21.gif
    c21.gif
    40.6 KB · Views: 15