Maverick

Master Trader
Apr 3, 2014
Bournemouth UK
Was impressed with this indicator BUT my chosen developer is telling me it won't work in the strategy tester ... please advise
Was trying to include it in an EA

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Was impressed with this indicator BUT my chosen developer is telling me it won't work in the strategy tester ... please advise
Was trying to include it in an EA
Not sure what's the point in including it in an EA. It should work in the strategy tester, but you can use the standard MACD to this end.

Depac

Jun 6, 2023
MACD with Alert indicator updated to version 1.02 to optimize and improve it with some new features.
Hi Enivid, I like your Alert Indicator, but it sends me 8 alerts all at once for the one crossover on the chart, do you have any idea why?

Depac

Jun 6, 2023
Just an update, I have been watching it closely and the signal arrow pops up and then disappears, this happens when price is moving naturally, but it quite frustating to see as you get lots of false alerts. The old version that I had from you didn't do this.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Just an update, I have been watching it closely and the signal arrow pops up and then disappears, this happens when price is moving naturally, but it quite frustating to see as you get lots of false alerts. The old version that I had from you didn't do this.
My best guess is that you are using it with 'Candle To Use For Analysis' parameter set to CURRENT CANDLE and that's why you are getting disappearing arrows and multiple alerts. Switch to PREVIOUS CANDLE and will only check the candle after it closes.

Depac

Jun 6, 2023
Hi Enivid, I have now set it to the previous candle, but I notice that when I close down metatrader and reopen it, it then defaults back to the "current candle method" is there a way to may the "previous candle" the default?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi Enivid, I have now set it to the previous candle, but I notice that when I close down metatrader and reopen it, it then defaults back to the "current candle method" is there a way to may the "previous candle" the default?
Actually, indicators' input parameters shouldn't reset on platform restart. You can also save the chart template with the pre-configured indicator and then load it again on the chart if it resets. Lastly, if there is some problem with your trading platform, you could edit the indicator's source code to set the default candle parameter to previous.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
In the above image ... 12,26,9
I see... You need to add code to the OnInit() function to create a chart object (label) in the subwindow with this content. To me, it makes more sense to just modify the indicator's shortname, so it's included in the line above the one that you shown, like in the standard indicators.