Moving Average Crossover with Alert

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I use this indicator with 1 hour charts. It works actually very well, but I'd like to get only a notification, if both moving average lines (fast & down) are crossed at the end of a session…
for example, I get a notification, if the lines are crossed at 17:30 (fast MA is crossing the slow MA). Then at 17:38 the lines are crossed again (slow MA is crossing the fast MA), and again at 17:44 I get a notification… this is annoying. The MA is only interesting for me, if both lines are crossed at 17:59, 18:59 and so on (end of an hour).
I tried to solve it by setting "Fast/Slow Moving Average Applied Price" to "Close" and also "Candle To Use For Analysis" to the "PREVIOUS CANDLE" (so I think I get at 18:00 a notification, when the next hour begins), but both doesn't solve it… what's the correct setting? Is there a setting at all?
Changing the "Fast/Slow Moving Average Applied Price" won't help, but changing the "Candle To Use For Analysis" to the PREVIOUS CANDLE solves your issue. Are you using version 1.02 of the indicator? The only time it could be generating alerts at 17:38 is that you turn on the platform (or attach the indicator) at that time and the previous hour closed with the cross. Otherwise, it should be generating alert at the first tick after the close of the previous candle.

auvrayphil

Mar 24, 2022
Hi guys,

First of all I have to tell you that I discovered this forum and that it is a real gold mine for the beginner trader that I am.

Today I come to ask a question because I have a problem with this indicator that I find just great.

I want to use it with the D9D2 template created by Toshko Raychev.

But in the dropdown menu of "moving average applied price" I don't have the option that corresponds to Toshko's inputs (see picture).

Does anyone have the right code to do this? (because I don't know how to code).

Many thanks to those who will take the time to answer me.

Best Regards,
PhilD9D2.png

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi guys,

First of all I have to tell you that I discovered this forum and that it is a real gold mine for the beginner trader that I am.

Today I come to ask a question because I have a problem with this indicator that I find just great.

I want to use it with the D9D2 template created by Toshko Raychev.

But in the dropdown menu of "moving average applied price" I don't have the option that corresponds to Toshko's inputs (see picture).

Does anyone have the right code to do this? (because I don't know how to code).

Many thanks to those who will take the time to answer me.

Best Regards,
PhilView attachment 21299
This indicator cannot use the previous indicator's data for calculations.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Version 1.05 of the Moving Average Crossover with Alerts indicator is now available for download. The list of changes includes:
  1. Removed some unnecessary recalculations.
  2. Optimized signal arrow drawing to remove chart blinking.
  3. Fixed potential array out range errors for charts with few candles. (The bug was reported via email.)
  4. Fixed deletion of signal arrows when the alert trigger candle is set to Previous.