IFC Markets

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
Boy, you sure are selfish, for me it would be a serious achievement to take 150 points, you've taken 240 and it's still not significant to you.

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
It's not that I"m selfish, I just set my goals high, plus the global bull trend is strengthening allowing to make money, so why not take advantage of the moment?

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
The global trend is interesting) How do you define it, and why are you so certain that it's now strengthening?

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
You want me to lay out all my cards in front of you?) In short, I look at several indicators, and take into consideration new economic statistics and their influence on the market, something like that.

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
Good strategy, can't add to that. When you get to 300 points, let us know. Are you planning a withdrawal soon?

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
For me determining the trend is not a problem or a difficult task, but determining wether there will be a continuation of the trend after correction, or if it's not a correction but a turnaround - that's what I have problems with, I don't do well on that task.

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
yeah, ok, when I reach my goal, and my goal is to close the order with profit - I'll let you know. 300 points have been reached and more, I moved the stop and therefore set a new goal for the price.

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
How long do your deals last on average? As I understand, a long term isn't new for you, have you been trading like that for a long time?

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
Well, it'll be a great result in the end of the deal. Probably should get off of mid term ) I like to open deals at the beginning of the week and end them at the end.

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
I didn't count the duration of the deals, a short one last 1-3 days, average about 1-3 weeks, long deals over a month. THe main thing here is not to rush. It all has to be calmly done. Long term doesn't like risk.

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
What do you mean when you say long term doesn't like risk? you mean that you need to wait for the best point to enter to then immediately go into profit?

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
I don't look for an opportunity to enter the deal, I follow the trend. And by risk, I mean that the deal volume should be counted out depending on the deposited amount. In general, look at what corrections there are in the tool, and set the volume such that you can go through a sag 2-3 times. Otherwise - it's a big risk of losing all your money with the first order.

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
In general, it makes sense. If the trend is going in one direction for 3 months, then the chance of it changing it's direction right after entering the deal is not likely. THanks, I will keep that in mind.

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
You're welcome, I hope this information will be useful to you. It's strange that you would't have figured it out by now, it's only logical )

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
Who said they're more profitable? It all depends on the scalper's luck and the trend's strength.

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
THat's right, the scalper can receive several times more profit, but he must constantly spend time at the computer in tension. I set my order and am now resting. Long term is easier instead of rare and more profitable than sculpering.

Biggi

Trader
Nov 22, 2016
Well, longterm is unlikely to be more profitable than short term - if you're looking at a time frame. But a lot depends on the scalper's skillfulness. If the asset is in the flat - then the deal in the longterm won't be profitable, but a scalper can make good money with ???

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
It's hard to say who's gonna get more profit - the scalper or longterm. I think it's best to open the deal in the longterm, and nothing is keeping one from opening short term ones at the same time. In the longterm, I do a good job with stocks. Someone shared a good strategy with me.

Biggi

Trader
Nov 22, 2016
Yes, you can do that, but there's something to keep in mind. It's not a problem for a scalper to open a longterm, but for someone who always trades longterm only, for them it might not work to sculpt. And in terms of stocks, not every broker has this instrument, so this strategy can't be applied to every broker.