IFC Markets

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
Hello everyone, If somebody trades with the broker and has a possibility to create synthetic instruments, I would like you to discuss how to build the perfect one as we might discover Grail!

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
Could you explain to me how such instruments are even possible to be built? I’ve read one article about it, but I’m not sure that I got it right. For example, standard brokers give an opportunity to trade with currency pairs; can I make such pairs working with this broker? Why is it so special? Why just don’t choose a broker that has many currency pairs available?

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
You haven’t read it to the end, but you got it right. For example, this broker has more than 500 instruments available, and you can build your own from them. In addition, there is no such restriction that your synthetic instrument have to consist of only 2 components.

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
You mean that I can use eur/usd as a basic part, gbp/jpy as a quoted one and trade? Did you mean that?

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
Almost, but it’s a bit different. To be precise, it’s possible to build an instrument that will do exactly what you tried to make, although in basic and quoted parts there are not pairs, but currencies, stocks, metals… For example, your instrument would look something like eur+gbp/usd+jpy. You are not allowed to put usd in basic part – that’s the only restriction. Your instrument consist of 4 others, but you can use more.

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
Wow, that’s a really great idea to give trades an opportunity of instruments building. I think I should try it in practice. However, it seems for me that it would take much time to build a perfect instrument according to my needs.

GazFx

Banned
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.youtube.com
This sounds very interesting...so you could build like your own currency index? Or currency/indices hybrid? Will have to check this out!

What a pity. Great concept, but this broker concerns me:

Overall Rating:
red_star_full.png
red_star_full.png
red_star_full.png
red_star_empty.png
red_star_empty.png
(2.783)

Total Reviews: 25
Last Updated: 2016-04-18
Special Notes:
2010: Two forums accounts created by IFC employees. One pretended to be a potential client. One pretended to be a happy customer.

2011: Another forums account created by an IFC employee. This one asked people to contact him to find out about a good broker.

2012: Another forums account created by an IFC employee posing as a happy customer. On the same day, a fake client review was left from the same location. September - 2 more fake "client" reviews have been left from IFC's offices.

The FPA recommends a very high level of caution dealing with IFC Markets.

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
Yes, you’ll really need much time for it, but on the other hand, how much time do you spend creating and configuring your TS? You must admit that it’s plenty of time.

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
Yes, sure. I downloaded already the terminal, very unfamiliar. I have done something with the price chart and it’s now very flattened, I can’t stretch it again, this can be done in MT4 easily. How to do it? Tried restarting - didn't help.

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
Well, of course that is not familiar, it's still fundamentally another terminal ) But it’s also simple, there is a button at the top, called Autoscale, click on it and that’s it)

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
I see you grow into broker’s new client. Have you already mastered the terminal? I also opened a demo account, highly unusual, but I was getting over the terminal within 2-3 days.

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
Yes, thank you, it works. Besides, I've already created my first synthetic tool for trading, it’s easier than it seems at the first glance!

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
Yes, no problem, I also tried to create a tool. However there are only 2 components in my tool, i.e. I created a pair))

Ziker

Master Trader
Sep 18, 2015
Yeah, I do like that; support answers to all my questions. It’s really cool when you don’t have to look for answers elsewhere in the internet.

Xavefif

Master Trader
Aug 31, 2015
Their good support service does really mean that the broker cares about not only people’s opinions on them, but also they want all questions to be answered and all problems solved.

Maxi89

Trader
Feb 16, 2016
Availability is what you have in mind that he has to work around the clock, or something else?

brother

Master Trader
Feb 17, 2016
Yeah, I’m talking about operational hours. In my opinion, support must work the same hours the market does. Besides, there must be many employees working in support, not only one because if there many questions from different people, the support should answer quickly and without any mistakes.