garena

Master Trader
Jan 28, 2014
I see many trader are trading commodities (wheat, oil, platium,...) But I don't see them on MT4 program, how can we trade them and does it work like currency trading (forex)?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Many MT4 brokers offer trading in commodities. For example, EXNESS and AGEA do.

Some commodities (e.g. gold and silver) are usually traded using spot contracts, the same as currencies - via XAU/USD and XAG/USD pairs.

Others are traded via CFDs on futures. The trading process is mostly the same. Three notable differences are:
  1. Margin requirements (leverage) are usually different.
  2. Overnight swaps are usually negative for both sides (long and short).
  3. When the underlying futures contract expire, the CFD trade gets closed and you have to reopen it (if you want, of course).

Fischer

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 9, 2015
I see many trader are trading commodities (wheat, oil, platium,...) But I don't see them on MT4 program, how can we trade them and does it work like currency trading (forex)?

Do you mean that you cannot see them on your marketwatch? If yes go to the marketwatch window then right click and select show all, also note that oil, wheat usually are presented with symbols depending the period.

Dec 19, 2015
There are many brokers who do not provide all the commodites at thier MT4 platform, so its better you change your broker and find the one you have a number of LP associated with. Also try for some other platfrom than MT4.

i was also going through the same. but i must tell you there are lot of better platrforms than MT4 in this lucarative world of forex.

quant-trader

Sep 6, 2016
Forex brokers allow trading only CFDs - its big difference between real futures on commodities. But the one disadvantage of this way - min deposit from 10K