Demo Account or Live Account? Any Comments?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Demo, always..esp if you are new to forex, it makes more sense to start off with the demo and move on to live after a few weeks. Sure, it is tempting to start off right away with a live account but if you lack prior experience and knowledge, always do the demo first!

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Just wish the newbies can resist the lure of the big $$$ until they have some experience in trading (even play money) before investing some of their hard earned $ in a live account. Believe me, the demo is an important aspect of your training and cannot stress this enough, so stick to demo and after a few weeks and good performance, move to live account!

krecex

Trader
Oct 8, 2012
If you are not practicing with demo account. You will not have an idea what is the trading like. Beside that, demo helps you to learn how you can minimize the lost, prepare yourself for the real trading.

ziegler

Trader
Nov 30, 2012
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have comments or suggestion which one could attract most for new traders? Would it be a Demo Account or Live Account?
I think first demo account to test. Choose some different brokers and test them. One possibility is welcome accounts, you can later change it to areal account after testing.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
True words..
And remember if your broker caps your demo account after a certain period, you can always open another with the same broker or move on to a better broker who provides a better demo with longer time period.

PaladinFX

Active Trader
Nov 21, 2012
Germany
www.paladin-consultants.com
Looks like the whole forum agrees on something, for a change. :D

Definitely you should start out with a demo account ... not only to learn trading without risking hard-earned money (although that is the most important thing), but also to get used to the software.

Having real money at stake and not being familiar with your trading platform will drive your blood pressure into the red zone really quickly, hehe.

Cheers,
P.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Ah well, we have all been there, trying hard to figure out how the MT4 works while watching with desperation as our $$$ makes its way down the drain..
It is a cathartic process..and for this very reason and a lot others, just go the demo and believe me, you'll thank us later on.
And yes, it is funny that we all get to agree on this point..LOL

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
just like what fxpipper said, demo demo demo, practice demo, learn it then apply what you've learned untill you get comfy, of course treat your money like real, there is a slight difference between demo and live in terms of spreads and execution and mental state. so keep in mind that the longer you stay on demo the better, and when you go live for the first time KEEP IT SMALL, just to test the waters for the first couple of months, coz blowing an account for the first time aint fun at all :D

Maria08

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
Well in my opinion there is no big different between demo and live trading account. The main difference between demo and live account metatrader is the psychological side of trading. There is no place for emotions in demo account because we use fake money but on the other hand in live trading we may be confused because we invest our real money.

Sabbir

Trader
Dec 9, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
obviously demo account is my suggestion for the new trader. because in demo account they will learn about the uses of indicators, how to open a order, when to buy and sell etc. so demo account is the best way of enter into the Forex world. it is also the another way of practice for the real trader.

okamiraito

Trader
Nov 28, 2012
Hi All,

Thank you for your replies.

I saw that all of you guys prefer to go to Demo Account First.

Another question, what could be advantage or experience that i will gain if i will open other demo account in lots of brokers? will it help me or it will just consume my time to fill up the registration and be familiarize again with the platform?

May 3, 2012
Glasgow
It's good to start in demo to get a feel for a platform, the charts, indicators and tools. But as many have said here, while demo is good for learning the fundamentals and practices, you can not learn anything about the psychological effects that trading real money plays on your emotions and your mind.

To learn about this you need to trade live, but that doesn not mean you should jump right in. Once you have become comfortable in demo with the tools and charts and developed an understanding, move onto a micro account. Trade small until you hare comfortable with yourself and have learned how to keep your emotions in check when trading real money.

Maria08

Banned
Oct 23, 2012
Hi All,

Another question, what could be advantage or experience that i will gain if i will open other demo account in lots of brokers? will it help me or it will just consume my time to fill up the registration and be familiarize again with the platform?

I think the platform of the demo is the same as the real will be almost the same compared to other broker. the only difference you will received is that the leverage and the amount of bonus you will get.

ziegler

Trader
Nov 30, 2012
Hi All,

Of course open a few accounts with different brokers. It helps you to compare trading conditions with brokers and to choose suitable one for trading.