Demo VS Live Account

I_Need_Money

Active Trader
Jul 15, 2011
Apopka FL
When using EA on MT4. How different is demo trading from live account? Is the only different the spread or are there any other differences. I am curious since I have seen allot order not getting executed in a demo account or EAs don’t work at all.

Thank you in advance.

Gary

Trader
Jul 25, 2011
USA
Good to know , I am just starting the MT4 as Demo account ,I do agree that the so many times accounts seems to be very interactive and fast.

Jul 1, 2011
When using EA on MT4. How different is demo trading from live account? Is the only different the spread or are there any other differences. I am curious since I have seen allot order not getting executed in a demo account or EAs don’t work at all.

Thank you in advance.

No more than a live account uses "true" money. When you open a live account, you have to spend your own initial capital to trade - which means that with every trade, you are risking your own capital! Whereas, in a demo account; no real money is at stake. The whole point of a demo account is that it allows a trader to practice trading as it provides traders a simulation of what is happening in the markets. Also, always bear in mind that because of the fact that real money is on the line when trading in a live account, this can considerably alter how you trade. I would suggest that if you are a new trader, always start out with a demo account first. Then when you move on to a live account, do not risk too much per deal as you are still feeling out how it is to trade real money on the line.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
No more than a live account uses "true" money. When you open a live account, you have to spend your own initial capital to trade - which means that with every trade, you are risking your own capital! Whereas, in a demo account; no real money is at stake. The whole point of a demo account is that it allows a trader to practice trading as it provides traders a simulation of what is happening in the markets. Also, always bear in mind that because of the fact that real money is on the line when trading in a live account, this can considerably alter how you trade. I would suggest that if you are a new trader, always start out with a demo account first. Then when you move on to a live account, do not risk too much per deal as you are still feeling out how it is to trade real money on the line.
Obviously I_Need_Money knows that difference of the demo and live accounts and was asking about other differences.

jolynnforex

Trader
Aug 10, 2011
I think it depends alot on your broker. If you have a licensed legitimate ECN broker its mostly no big difference, but if you are with market makers, there could be some difference.

JSDans

Trader
Feb 22, 2011
I would definitely suggest starting with a demo account. No matter how much you read about Forex you don't know what to expect until you try, and if you do not have a lot of money to start its not worth loosing right away. There is definitely a learning curve when it comes to Forex, so demo accounts are the ideal way to start!

YES

Trader
Sep 2, 2011
England
I'm sure you've heard the phrase, 'Chalk and cheese' but that's what it is; chalk and cheeses my friend; they're completely different.

It's like flying a real plane and flying a simulation. One you have real danger so fear is present which can do some crazy things.

sam5555

Trader
Sep 11, 2011
Demo is different from live because you invest small amount in live whereas you have huge money in demo so it makes difference and sometimes become the reason of loss of many trader.

Numa

Trader
Sep 13, 2011
I had bad experience with the live account of my broker. On his demo account I never got requotes, time outs or connection failures. When I was in a winning trade on my life account and wanted to close it, it frequently failed to close it. You guess it already... these problems did not occurred with loss trades :-(