Demo Trading Contests & Trading Contests

Davidee

Active Trader
Nov 6, 2010
Scotland
www.myforexdot.org.uk
Does anyone enter them?

I thinking of entering one of the ones where you can win a live, funded account for results achieved in a demo trading account. However, these competitions are won for having results like the highest account percentage increase in a month and things like that.

Do you think these competitions are a good idea? I mean, I have nothing to lose but to win with rules like 1,000 Euros to the person with the highest percentage increase over one month will mean that to winning it you would have to take big risks, the rise of which one would not normally take with real money and I guess it would be possible to pick up bad trading habits?

EDITED -

Last edited:
How can you use "risk" and "demo" in the same sentence?? LOL I doubt you'd pick up any in-grained bad habits. What I see is, by being on demo w/o risks, might prompt you to learn something new and beneficial that you'll continue with. Guess it depends on one's global view. Sort of the "half full/half empty" concept.

TheLastBear

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
They are ok as long as you do not trade your real account like a demo account. You can use them to play around and do crazy things which may land you a price which you can use in your real account.

shanewatson

Trader
Oct 10, 2012
Does anyone enter them?

I thinking of entering one of the ones where you can win a live, funded account for results achieved in a demo trading account. However, these competitions are won for having results like the highest account percentage increase in a month and things like that.

Do you think these competitions are a good idea? I mean, I have nothing to lose but to win with rules like 1,000 Euros to the person with the highest percentage increase over one month will mean that to winning it you would have to take big risks, the rise of which one would not normally take with real money and I guess it would be possible to pick up bad trading habits?

EDITED -

I think demo contest is a good idea to gather experience of forex trading. To trade in demo we feel lack of emotion but when we will trade with a competitive mind to win prize than it can be very helpful for our future trading career.
I participated different trading demo contests of instaforex and my experience was good.

fxflipper

Trader
Oct 5, 2012
question how should the pricing of a contest be priced out

hi guys

how should the price table for a daily demo contest look like? I mean what would be an attractive prize table for a daily demo contest? I will give You my idea

I think of 50 prize ranks

1st = $2000
2nd = $1000
3rd = $ 500
4th = $ 250
5th = $ 100

6th -10th = $ 50
11th-50th = $ 20

Jira

Trader
Feb 18, 2013
Does anyone enter them?

EDITED -

Trading contest will allow us to increase the trading experience that we have, and we can try to use the strategy that we have in trading. we will know whether we have a strategy that can generate a consistent profit, and if the results are bad, then we can use other strategies.

Infact I would say that competing against other traders in the free demo trading contest is more exciting and fun. Since a few days, I joined an online forex game platform where I played games such as 1on1 or tournament. It is like demo contest but this one, I find it more better than others. Here we can decide on the time limit / which symbols to play/ how many positions you want and the amount to be placed in the game. Each players will get $ 100000 virtual money and those who got sthe highest portfolio wins the game and the money in the pot.

I think this is the only best place where someone can evaluate their expertise in trading by competing other traders

Nyan

Trader
Feb 27, 2013
Well, I guess there's nothing criminal with that contests. If your broker launches such event you can either ignore it easily or test your luck and grab some gains.

BTW, such events can also help you to keep 'fit' and learn some new tricks.

candle7779

Banned
Sep 27, 2012
I like that contests. I prefer to take part in demo. and now I take part in demo contest "Master scalper" and hope to get main prize.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
I like demo contest here we can learn in competietion howw to manage accounts and trades. winners had more confidence to work in real market. One thing that inspires me iss that we have to show our best what we do in trading , we learn and get experience too.

Aug 22, 2013
Yes absolutely correct demo contest is a good way to enhance our knowledge and understanding because by this we try to learn thoroughly about trading, I think everyone should take part in it especially the newbies.