Are You Successful Trading?

Andromathis

Trader
Apr 15, 2020
If you say that there are no problems, it will not be true, but they are all solvable, and in principle, everything is going well.

pippin

Trader
Jul 16, 2019
I wouldn't go call myself a successful trader or anything, I would just say that I am able to control my emotion while trading and so far, it has given me a good consistent profit.
And how do you control your emotions? By eliminating human factor, i.e. manual trading ?

Zeenat shein

Banned
Apr 11, 2020
A stop loss is a predetermined amount of risk that a trader is willing to accept with each trade. The stop loss can be a dollar amount or percentage, but either way, it limits the trader's exposure during a trade. Using a stop loss can take some of the stress out of trading since we know that we will only lose X amount on any given trade. Not having a stop loss is bad practice, even if it leads to a winning trade. Exiting with a stop loss, and therefore having a losing trade, is still good trading if it falls within the trading plan's rules.

Zalea

Sep 15, 2020
When starting to trade, it is important to understand what you want to achieve from it, and how you define success.

ForexTus

Banned
Sep 23, 2020
Hi all,

Curious to know how others are doing to give me some hope that I can be successful too :) ... as a fundamentals trader, are you actually making a living or do you still need to hold a job?

Thank you!

yes but you need to find a level on consistency and not be successful one week and not the next

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
A stop loss is a predetermined amount of risk that a trader is willing to accept with each trade. The stop loss can be a dollar amount or percentage, but either way, it limits the trader's exposure during a trade. Using a stop loss can take some of the stress out of trading since we know that we will only lose X amount on any given trade. Not having a stop loss is bad practice, even if it leads to a winning trade. Exiting with a stop loss, and therefore having a losing trade, is still good trading if it falls within the trading plan's rules.
I couldn't agree more. Managing our risks smartly and sticking to our trading plan strictly are very important parts of good trading. Not every losing trade is a bad trade, and not every winning trade is a good trade.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
Can you give me a concrete example of a losing trade that is not a bad trade? I'm asking because I cannot come up with one.

e_abrams

Active Trader
Dec 11, 2020
If anyone is advertising it as a way to get rich fast then they are either a scammer or a very unethical bucketshop at best.

JimBarryman

Banned
Jul 7, 2021
Hi all,

Curious to know how others are doing to give me some hope that I can be successful too :) ... as a fundamentals trader, are you actually making a living or do you still need to hold a job?

Thank you!
I would say I'm pretty successful. I rely on high risk to reward, intraday technical trading.

Glossy

Trader
Aug 2, 2021
Poland
At what point do you become successful?
I have a pamm account and 61 investors and I think this is just the beginning.